Author Topic: J Stewart says Doc Rivers has backed out of Griffin deal, gives details of trade  (Read 16891 times)

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Who knows what that means. Could easily just be negotiating tactics from Doc.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Firstly, the Griffin rumors have been a load of bunk from Day 1 in my opinion.
Secondly, this supposed deal is flat out impossible for the salary cap.  It's not even close.  So there's no way on earth this was ever the deal.  Zilch.

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Another day, another tidbit.
Who knows if this guy has any credibility.
Pretty solid haul for Blake if true.
Rudy Gay ain't worth Rozier and extra picks IMO, but if it was the key to getting a deal done then I can see Rozier heading out.

Stewart on 985 saying SAC/BOS/LAC were working on Griffin/Pierce to C's, Rozier/picks to SAC, Olynyk/AB/Gay/18 BKN to Clips. Doc backed out

My thing is, where did he get that information? It does seem like a huge haul for Griffin butt I think that Squad could be one or two in the east

Offline TheBig3

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 18
Another day, another tidbit.
Who knows if this guy has any credibility.
Pretty solid haul for Blake if true.
Rudy Gay ain't worth Rozier and extra picks IMO, but if it was the key to getting a deal done then I can see Rozier heading out.

Stewart on 985 saying SAC/BOS/LAC were working on Griffin/Pierce to C's, Rozier/picks to SAC, Olynyk/AB/Gay/18 BKN to Clips. Doc backed out

Is that 1 year of Griffin or Griffin with Max extension?

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Lifshatz and Deadmik3 are both saying to stay patient on Twitter.

And around and around we go!

And when this stops...nobody knows!

Draft night 2017, I'm guessing.
Celtics fan for life.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I tend to believe the reports that the were thinking of moving on from Griffin in the immediate aftermath of his incident, but wanted to wait until his trade value rebounded before exploring trade options.

I think everyone here agrees that Ainge is almost 100% to have made some sort of low ball offer.  The rumors might not be accurate, but I suspect Doc didn't immediately hang up, but made a counteroffer or laid out the conditions for what he would need to get back.

The Clippers probably want a veteran piece back and Ainge has been looking for a third team who can provide that.  I wouldn't be shocked if Doc said that Gay might be that piece, then backed out.

I expect we will hear dribbles of rumors throughout the season.  Ainge is going to be looking for Gay-like players who can be flipped to a team that wants win-now veterans instead of picks and young players.  Sources from the teams he talks to will leak guesses about who the main target is.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Patience will pay off.  I think there is a GREAT chance that numerous Celtics increase their market value in the first few months of the season.  Not all of them will, but I'd guess at least three of Smart, Kelly, Jae, Mickey, GG, AB, Brown and Rozier will be worth more at the deadline than they are now. 

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Things are still swirling.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Highly placed sauces say you should refresh twitter every minute.
Celtics fan for life.

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
By getting Griffin we eliminate OKC from getting him, maybe the 1 person that would actually go to OKC. So now if your Westbrook, you KNOW you're gonna leave next year... why not join Horford, Griffin and IT for a chance at meeting your old pal Durant in the finals.

If this is the deal for Griffin, then the deal for Westbrook would start with Smart/17.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
I don't give much credence to these rumors, BUT, if we get Griffin and get Pierce back too, I will be ecstatic. I know he's cooked, but Pierce is still the man, the celtic legend of my generation.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
You know baby Azz CP3 threatened to quit Doc , if he traded Blake .   

Basically if CP3 is gone ....Doc s cAreer is defunct....he will once again ride near the bottom feeder coach and kill off his new found legacy ...as a great coach  ::)

Trading Blake would pretty much end CP3 / Doc era.

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Pierce just announced he is coming back for another season....

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

So is my toilet water, but I don't expect anything good to come of it. ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
You know baby Azz CP3 threatened to quit Doc , if he traded Blake .   

Basically if CP3 is gone ....Doc s cAreer is defunct....he will once again ride near the bottom feeder coach and kill off his new found legacy ...as a great coach  ::)

Trading Blake would pretty much end CP3 / Doc era.

Maybe, maybe not.

If Doc moves Griffin, maybe he moves CP3 for Kyrie. I can see that trade happening.