Author Topic: no david lee and marcus healthy  (Read 1769 times)

no david lee and marcus healthy
« on: July 26, 2016, 02:33:46 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
jerebko can build on his playoffs and is spending the summer hitting 500-1000 threes
jae chrowder is out of pain and i can't picture how good we are going to be with horford backing up our perimeter guys and allowing them to take some added risks
isaiah will not have to kill himself with horford to distribute to
isaiah loved setting gerald green up and putting on a show-tell me isaiah's assists won't go up
all year i have been defending marcus and to have jae come out and talk pain and how long a mild sprain took to recover and how it effected his game
-smarts high ankle sprain was severe it blew his rookie season as he couldn't drive no lift
 then his summer league dislocation
-it is not only injury time out but recovery time on court that skews his stats-then a dislocated knee missing 18 games coming back at new year again screwing his shot ,conditioning and stats--i don't think he deserved that 26% number -i hope i'm proved right-

Re: no david lee and marcus healthy
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 02:40:05 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Something tells me you will be proved right about Smart.   Looking forward to a really fun season this year.   

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 02:41:26 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I don't have much faith in any marked improvement in smart and I also think the way we are built Stevens will bury brown on the pine. Hopefully he lets Olynyk play more this year and Rozier who should never have had only garbage minutes. For me, it's a big year for Stevens to stop playing guys with no future here ahead of guys with serious potential.

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 02:48:54 PM »

Offline cornbread1981

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
After watching marcus in USA practice i have high hopes, theres not many people who can slow kyrie like smart he couldnt be shook and contested every shot forced pickups and was in the passing lane. his is jumper looks better aswell and he wasnt bad at running point

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 02:52:51 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
TP Rollie, Crowder talks about his injury impact, no one talks about Smart. Hope you are right.

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 03:03:31 PM »

Offline Maurice98

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 36
After watching marcus in USA practice i have high hopes, theres not many people who can slow kyrie like smart he couldnt be shook and contested every shot forced pickups and was in the passing lane. his is jumper looks better aswell and he wasnt bad at running point
Where did you see this?

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 03:09:22 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Horford replaces Sully
Green replaces Turner
Add Brown

Smart, Olynyk and Rozier all improve.

Realistic goal:  2nd round playoffs
Stretch goal: ECF

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 03:10:45 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Having watched Smart in college, I doubt that you are right.

But anything that makes this team better is good.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 03:18:43 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I don't have much faith in any marked improvement in smart and I also think the way we are built Stevens will bury brown on the pine. Hopefully he lets Olynyk play more this year and Rozier who should never have had only garbage minutes. For me, it's a big year for Stevens to stop playing guys with no future here ahead of guys with serious potential.

I really don't get why you think Brad doesn't play guys with "serious" potential.  In his 3 seasons, we've had 4 first rounders.  2 of those players (KO and Smart) played a lot (one even starting on a playoff team), while the other 2 (Rozier and Hunter) barely played.  The difference is that the 2 that played were actually NBA-ready lottery picks (and contributed right away), while the other two were longer-term prospects, and arguably not on the same level as prospects.

Brown, on the other hand, is both NBA-ready (body-wise) and a high-caliber prospect.  There's no reason to think that he won't get playing time, ESPECIALLY when you consider that SF is not a deep position for us.

And, frankly, if he can't earn minutes over Gerald Green, then he shouldn't be getting them.  If you can't show anything in practice/games, you belong on the bench
I'm bitter.

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 03:30:16 PM »

Offline cornbread1981

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Where did you see this?
UNLV theres gyms next to were the usa select team and official team were playing and they let us watch from the doors

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 04:04:31 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Having watched Smart in college, I doubt that you are right.

But anything that makes this team better is good.

he shot 34% as a rookie-he shot .344 from three in playoffs against atlanta-shot,333 in april

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 04:07:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I think Smart is 100 % and working on his offense shooting and moves

I'm worried about Bradley injury .  I haven't heard or seen anything mentioned about his recovery.
He was making so huge strides the past year in weak areas of his game.

Also worried about KO .   His shooting touch will need tuning with a repaired shoulder , it may be a 1/2 season before his offensive shooting  game returns to normal.......but he can get better because AB had two shoulder ops and is now better shooter than before the dislocations

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 04:18:48 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I think Smart is 100 % and working on his offense shooting and moves

I'm worried about Bradley injury .  I haven't heard or seen anything mentioned about his recovery.
He was making so huge strides the past year in weak areas of his game.

Also worried about KO .   His shooting touch will need tuning with a repaired shoulder , it may be a 1/2 season before his offensive shooting  game returns to normal.......but he can get better because AB had two shoulder ops and is now better shooter than before the dislocations

AB has been healthy for a while now. Averybradleycamps and lavelt88 (his bro) show it on IG.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 05:24:13 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104

I really don't get why you think Brad doesn't play guys with "serious" potential.  In his 3 seasons, we've had 4 first rounders.  2 of those players (KO and Smart) played a lot (one even starting on a playoff team), while the other 2 (Rozier and Hunter) barely played.  The difference is that the 2 that played were actually NBA-ready lottery picks (and contributed right away), while the other two were longer-term prospects, and arguably not on the same level as prospects.

Brown, on the other hand, is both NBA-ready (body-wise) and a high-caliber prospect.  There's no reason to think that he won't get playing time, ESPECIALLY when you consider that SF is not a deep position for us.

And, frankly, if he can't earn minutes over Gerald Green, then he shouldn't be getting them.  If you can't show anything in practice/games, you belong on the bench
For me, playing a fat sully who's had no upside nd no future here, David Lee the same, playing over Olynyk who should have played more. Also, it took injuries to see Rozier should have gotten more minutes during the season as opposed to strictly garbage time. I also didn't like smart hardly ever handling the ball to take his lumps( suffer now for the good of the future) as opposed to turner handling those duties( who is no longer here). Just MY opinions.