Author Topic: KO extension deadline: 31st October 2016  (Read 4329 times)

Re: KO extension deadline: 31st October 2016
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2016, 11:18:42 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
to me, retaining KO is more questionable than retaining Sully.  With Sully, you knew you were getting rebounding, decent passing and finishing around the basket.  with KO, he can look terrific one game and then non-existent the next. 

personally, I wouldn't offer much of an extension pre-season and would prefer to see what he brings this season.  if he finally plays focussed every game, he's still and RFA next offseason and C's can resign him.

KO fits this team much better then Sully... He is a big man who can stretch the floor, shoot the three, & run transition... While his rebounding skills are rather weak thats not really what he is paid to do...
he only fits the team when he's having an 'on' game.  when he's having an 'off' game, he's not providing anything.  Sully may not be the shooter KO is when he's on, but every game Sully was rebounding at a minimum.  when KO's not shooting well or being aggressive on offense, what's he bringing -- not much
Even when Olynyk is having an "off game" he provides floor spacing. That is the driving factor behind his high on court offensive rating.

He also started to play quality positional off ball defense last year. When he is on the court, his positioning on both offense and defense aid the team even if it doesn't always show up in the standard box score.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2016, 11:28:47 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Olynyk's 1st 3 years versus Anderson's last 3 years.
                     Olynyk         Anderson
FG%               46.5%           41.9%
3%                 37.3%           36.3%
FT%               74.6%            87.8%
Tot. Minutes    4218              4478
Tot. Rebounds   949               833
Tot. Assists       323               145
Tot. Steals        151                81
Tot. Blocks         99                 52
Tot. Fouls          603               269

My impression before checking stats was that Anderson is more productive ..... Boy i was wrong!! I didn't expect that!

I think incoherent is right...

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2016, 12:03:46 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
to me, retaining KO is more questionable than retaining Sully.  With Sully, you knew you were getting rebounding, decent passing and finishing around the basket.  with KO, he can look terrific one game and then non-existent the next. 

personally, I wouldn't offer much of an extension pre-season and would prefer to see what he brings this season.  if he finally plays focussed every game, he's still and RFA next offseason and C's can resign him.

KO fits this team much better then Sully... He is a big man who can stretch the floor, shoot the three, & run transition... While his rebounding skills are rather weak thats not really what he is paid to do...
he only fits the team when he's having an 'on' game.  when he's having an 'off' game, he's not providing anything.  Sully may not be the shooter KO is when he's on, but every game Sully was rebounding at a minimum.  when KO's not shooting well or being aggressive on offense, what's he bringing -- not much
Even when Olynyk is having an "off game" he provides floor spacing. That is the driving factor behind his high on court offensive rating.

He also started to play quality positional off ball defense last year. When he is on the court, his positioning on both offense and defense aid the team even if it doesn't always show up in the standard box score.

Plus he moves the ball very well.  He makes the defense collapse and kicks out.  Maybe an assist doesn't come out of it, but a basket comes from the ball swinging after the collapse.  He is really almost always doing good things out there on offense and can hold his own on defense.

Like you say, even if he's not scoring, when a big has to guard him to the 3 pt line there are good things happening.  Doubters should just pay attention to it when they see him play next if they do not believe it.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford