Author Topic: If Brook Lopez were out for 2016-17, how many games do the Nets win?  (Read 12490 times)

Re: If Brook Lopez were out for 2016-17, how many games do the Nets win?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 10:20:12 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I think the Nets will run almost everything through Brook now that Joe and Young are gone.

Give him 20-25 shots a game and try and bump up his trade value by the trade deadline, pray he doesn't get injured, then trade him for a pick if the offer is right. Other than that they'll hold on until draft night and move him then.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 10:43:17 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I think the Nets will run almost everything through Brook now that Joe and Young are gone.

Give him 20-25 shots a game and try and bump up his trade value by the trade deadline, pray he doesn't get injured, then trade him for a pick if the offer is right. Other than that they'll hold on until draft night and move him then.

That makes sense for them. Portland, or New York, or Houston, or um..Sacramento?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 10:59:57 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

That makes sense for them. Portland, or New York, or Houston, or um..Sacramento?

He seems like a Houston-ish pick up to me too. Not sure what kinda assets Sac has unless they're making a Cousins trade, NY is paying insane money to Noah, I guess  I could see NO making a play since they like Davis at PF. Hield might center that package, BKN could use some shooting on the wing though personally I'd want more than just Hield. PHX would make sense if they didn't have such a logjam up front.

It seems like the teams who need Centers area bit low on assets.

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 11:02:23 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
16-18, Scola could hold down the fort and if they simply thing with that Kid McCullough he could be a bouncy 5 who can get out and run.

They'll actually have guards this year too.
They might not win that WITH Lopez.
please explain to me how that team got 5 games worse this offseason. Delusional.

Well they lost Thad Young and Joe Johnson, and Jack I think.
I think just losing Young and Johnson and replacing them with those guys is good for 5 less wins. All Depends how Lopez plays. Because Young and Johnson/Jack are all gone, more offense might flow through Brook which is probably more efficient offense.

Losing Young will hurt them a lot though because although Scola looked okay for Toronto when Carroll got hurt, he was a black hole on defense even with those okay defenders around him.
Scola with that pathetic defense Nets team will be a disaster.

Joe Johnson and Jack were terrible last year. Jack is awful, and has been for multiple years now.

Thad Young has been on a bottom 3 team every year since the fall of 2013. He's so overrated.

They actually have NBA caliber PG play, they'll get Hollis-Jefferson back, they'll have a massive improvement in coaching, and again I'm not sure that Booker isn't just as good as Thad is anyways.

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 11:09:44 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
8-10, maybe fewer.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 11:17:17 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 11:30:25 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
10. I think they have an outside chance at one of the worst records ever, but I'm not sure any team really projects much lower than that. Any team ever assembled wins games here or there, but they'd be pretty <dang> bad. They wouldn't have a single guy who has any business scoring 15 points per night, AND they would only have 1 above average defender.

Put Smart/Bradley on Lin, Crowder on Bojan, and there are nights we'd beat them by 50.

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 11:53:19 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
16-18, Scola could hold down the fort and if they simply thing with that Kid McCullough he could be a bouncy 5 who can get out and run.

please explain to me how that team got 5 games worse this offseason. Delusional.
Lol. Still confident after nobody in this entire thread agrees with you? Ill put money down that the Nets don't win 18 games, and I don't care who gets hurt. Put your money where your mouth is, pal.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 01:18:41 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Just as many as they would with him. He stinks and so do they.

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 01:29:17 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum

Lol. Still confident after nobody in this entire thread agrees with you? Ill put money down that the Nets don't win 18 games, and I don't care who gets hurt. Put your money where your mouth is, pal.

The difference of course being that they're enormously biased, and I'm not. They won 21 last year with the worst coach not named Byron Scott, nothing at PG and their only wing defender injured.

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 01:41:02 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Over the last 5 years, the worst team in the NBA has averaged 14 wins. Nets according to Las Vegas are the worst team in the NBA according to Championship betting odds of 500-1 vs the next worst team (PHX) at 300-1. Those betting odds would be lower if the Nets were in the West.

14 wins would be a reasonable benchmark for them with Lopez, 10 or under without him. Either way, the worst team in the NBA in most people's eyes now that Sixers have Simmons, Embiid, Saric, and new management. The Nets are three years away from being able to start rebuilding in the summer of 2019. The Nets new GM is at least making smart moves, but he's effed.

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 01:45:34 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
Over the last 5 years, the worst team in the NBA has averaged 14 wins. Nets according to Las Vegas are the worst team in the NBA according to Championship betting odds of 500-1 vs the next worst team (PHX) at 300-1. Those betting odds would be lower if the Nets were in the West.

14 wins would be a reasonable benchmark for them with Lopez, 10 or under without him. Either way, the worst team in the NBA in most people's eyes now that Sixers have Simmons, Embiid, Saric, and new management. The Nets are three years away from being able to start rebuilding in the summer of 2019. The Nets new GM is at least making smart moves, but he's effed.

All of those teams we're tanking and had first round picks, and few of them had a 1-5 PnR combo like Lin and Lopez.

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 02:17:51 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

All of those teams we're tanking and had first round picks, and few of them had a 1-5 PnR combo like Lin and Lopez.

Lin's an average player though.
He's a back up point guard with below average efficiency on the offensive end and horrid defense with below average athleticism.

Think about it this way:
1)Their subtractions outweigh their additions
2)their competition for the bottom of the nba basement ir 76ers, nughets, Lakers etc have for the most part, all improved via players or coaching changes.

They'll struggle to get 20 wins this year.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2016, 02:29:22 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum

Lin's an average player though.
He's a back up point guard with below average efficiency on the offensive end and horrid defense with below average athleticism.

Think about it this way:
1)Their subtractions outweigh their additions
2)their competition for the bottom of the nba basement ir 76ers, nughets, Lakers etc have for the most part, all improved via players or coaching changes.

They'll struggle to get 20 wins this year.

Lin is an average player, bad teams typically don't have . Look at who he's replacing though. Not average player, not below average players, awful players. Vasquez too.

Who are their significant subtractions? A fringe starter at PF and ball dominant old SG neither of t played good defense? Trevor Booker might be better for all we know, he posted a 2.3 DBPM last year and that team had way bigger defensive issues than offensive ones. RHJ should be of assistance on defense, and maybe one or two of their young guys show something.

Are they going to be bad? Yeah, they're going to suck, almost a lock for a top 3 pick(lottery position wise anyways). Are they going to win 7 fewer games by upgrading their two biggest weaknesses in coaching and PG? No, probably not. The entire bottom of the NBA can win more games. There have been seasons where the worst team wins 20+ games. 

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2016, 02:39:25 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Atkinson is a good coach. Lin is very underrated here. He's good. Losing Thad hurts, and their defense sucks, but their offseason wasn't a total flop. Guys saying 10-15 wins, cmon. This team will, in my opinion, win at least 20 games, or just below that.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about