Author Topic: Dion Waiters has agreed to a one-year deal with the Heat  (Read 3917 times)

Re: Dion Waiters supposedly signs with the Heat for 2,9m
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 10:58:11 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Actually very disappointed we didn't at least even try to float an offer at Waiters.

He definitely didn't impress me in the regular season, but his defense against Spurs was underrated, and definitely key in how he bodied up Kawhi Leonard, and made it tough for him to score in rhythm.

Its such a shame players have such a high ego of themselves, and the inability to put their career on the line by working harder to perfect the weaknesses. Waiters should've at least gotten 10-12 million, which is funny the Nets, of all teams, didn't even think he was worth that contract.

He just doesn't shoot threes well enough. Sorry Dion.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 11:13:09 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
BTW, I would never want him in green, even for two pair of old socks. He seems to behave like a diva, but lack the talent necessary to make people swallow you.

Look LBJ, he is the ultimate diva, in my opinion, but people have to swallow him because of the fact that he is very good at his job.

I don't disagree, but I swear a few years ago before Lebron returned to Cleveland a lot of folks on CB were trying to figure out how to work a trade to get him here. His potential back then much higher than what he turned out to be.

I swear I was telling people back then that Waiters was undesirable trash.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2016, 12:00:51 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Heat tank confirmed

;D
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2016, 07:53:52 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Great opportunity for Waiters. The loss of D-Wade creates a large hole that Waiters can step into and help Miami. Lots of touches. Time on the ball. PnRs. Shots. Great opportunity to show what he can do given the opportunity.

I hope Waiters takes advantage of this.

He could be a really good pro player if he sorts his head out.

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2016, 10:26:58 AM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
BTW, I would never want him in green, even for two pair of old socks. He seems to behave like a diva, but lack the talent necessary to make people swallow you.

Look LBJ, he is the ultimate diva, in my opinion, but people have to swallow him because of the fact that he is very good at his job.

I don't disagree, but I swear a few years ago before Lebron returned to Cleveland a lot of folks on CB were trying to figure out how to work a trade to get him here. His potential back then much higher than what he turned out to be.

I swear I was telling people back then that Waiters was undesirable trash.

Ditto.

Guy is terrible, I don't see the fascination with him at all. An inefficient black hole on offense, and mediocre at everything else.

He'll be out of the league in a few years, teams will give him more shots because of where he was drafted, but I don't see any BBIQ there to build on.