Author Topic: Interesting Larry Sanders tweet  (Read 12602 times)

Re: Interesting Larry Sanders tweet
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 08:59:45 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Sanders has probably run out of pot money.

Personally, I'd rather Danny quit trying to fleece people in trades and bring a more noble character to Boston.
Al horford
Jae Crowder
Amir Johnson

Nobel characters

Oh and what does fleecing people have to do with this thread topic?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:15:35 PM by arctic 3.0 »

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2016, 09:00:44 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Personally, I'd rather Danny quit trying to fleece people in trades and bring a more noble character to Boston.

Ainge has shown almost no interest in shotblockers, except maybe for Mickey. And Stevens thus far has shown no interest in him.

Red might have thought otherwise. Russell probably saved his bacon. A blocked shot is worth 2 points (James showed that emphatically in the final Championship seconds, though it looked like goaltending to me). Russell blocked probably 5 shots per game, at least. That's 10 points. His effective ppg average was 26.7. Combined with a million rebounds.

Too bad Danny didn't have Russell for a teammate. Maybe he'd have a decent rebounder and shotblocker by now. It's been awhile.

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2016, 09:12:31 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
I've always like Larry.
And I don't really care if he took some time off.
Heck Dave Cowans took a break from the game.

He's a superior athlete who looked like he really enjoyed playing for a while.
I think he could thrive in a good system.
And playing next to "mr fundamentals" al horford would make him look like an all star.

I'd be stoked if we were able to grab him on a short term, "prove it" deal.

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2016, 09:27:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

How did he play after that break?   

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2016, 10:27:04 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Al horford
Jae Crowder
Amir Johnson

Nobel characters

Oh and what does fleecing people have to do with this thread topic?
I think bo is genetically wired to have to include a slam on Ainge in every post. Blame his parents.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2016, 10:28:10 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

In his final season at age 35 Dave gave the Bucks 8 points 7 rebounds In 25 min/game.

I'd absolutely sign Larry to a 2 year vet min or  Mle deal if he gave us those stats.

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2016, 10:45:19 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Pretty solid, if I knew I was getting post-break Cowens from Sanders I would absolutely pay Sanders the salary he is looking for.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2016, 10:57:50 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Ainge has shown almost no interest in shotblockers, except maybe for Mickey. And Stevens thus far has shown no interest in him.

Red might have thought otherwise. Russell probably saved his bacon. A blocked shot is worth 2 points (James showed that emphatically in the final Championship seconds, though it looked like goaltending to me). Russell blocked probably 5 shots per game, at least. That's 10 points. His effective ppg average was 26.7. Combined with a million rebounds.

Too bad Danny didn't have Russell for a teammate. Maybe he'd have a decent rebounder and shotblocker by now. It's been awhile.
A shot block is worth two points in a world where everyone shoots 100% from the field.

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2016, 12:10:28 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Sanders reminds me of Birdman Anderson. Wasn't he out of the league for a while, then came back and really helped Miami during their championship pair.  Lebron got him onto the Cleveland squad.  Strange dude, but very talented, and a beast on the court.

Sanders would be an Auerbachian pick-up.  Low risk, potentially high reward.  I don't know  if he is a strange dude.  Basketball players eat, sleep and play basketball (trust me I was one). You get to a point where you wonder what else there is out there.  Sanders, marched to the beat of his own drum.

His violation of the anti-drug policy (marijuanna) reminds me of one Robert the Chief Parish sans the fed ex package.

In shape and playing at the level he left off, how many minutes would he get here?
I think that is his point of the tweet.  What team would utilize his talents.  And I don't mean rap.

Agree with this Preaching.

Larry Sanders fits the age curve that we need. It's more clearly an option if we were to move Amir to the Clippers but honestly I'd be all for giving Larry Sanders a shot regardless.

Draymond Green's a bit of a headcase and he plays on the most well run team the league. I'm of the Bill Simmons mindset, you can have one borderline personality guy if your locker room is strong  enough.

Made a Twitter account and tweeted this article at him and told him to take the skill set to Boston. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/11/4745504/larry-sanders-milwaukee-bucks-video-analysis
Boston was in the lead in the poll.

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2016, 05:44:22 AM »

Offline bowlingwarnie

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
I could live with this
A proper shot blocker/rebounder patrolling the paint - worthy of a flyer in my opinion
this guy at one stage terrorised offensive players with his 7'7" wingspan - he is 27
if he can convince Danny that he can be active and motivated - I am fully on board
why Johnny Ringo...
You look like somebody just walked over your grave

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2016, 06:14:47 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I'd absolutely take a flyer on him in principle, but someone would have to be moved sooner than later. If it all worked out and Sanders returned to form, maybe you end up with:

PF: Horford (20) / KO (20) / Jerebko (8)
 C: Sanders (25) / Amir (15) / Horford (8)

Zeller: traded
Mickey: traded/Maine

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2016, 07:04:34 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'd absolutely take a flyer on him in principle, but someone would have to be moved sooner than later. If it all worked out and Sanders returned to form, maybe you end up with:

PF: Horford (20) / KO (20) / Jerebko (8)
 C: Sanders (25) / Amir (15) / Horford (8)

Zeller: traded
Mickey: traded/Maine

Figure Amir would be out as part of the Westbrook salary match.  ;D

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2016, 11:23:16 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Id take a shot at him for sure. At least it was pit and not a drinking problem which is addictive. If he becomes a problem or unmotivated then send him home. We have all the power.

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2016, 11:50:48 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney

Was Sanders just busted for using pot? Sorry, I didn't follow along on him very much. He kind of pulled a Ricky Williams move? I have no prob with the dude smoking. I really do think most of the league probably does , just because drinking would be so much worse. As long as he wasn't a jerk to teammates repeatedly like a lance Stephenson type I'd definitely try him. Wasn't he liked by teammates?

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2016, 11:51:43 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
It's not like you can't be noble AND be a pot smoker.