Author Topic: Interesting Larry Sanders tweet  (Read 12687 times)

Interesting Larry Sanders tweet
« on: July 25, 2016, 02:35:05 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
L8 Show
‏@LarrySanders   
Which team do you believe will utilize my skills the best?

Celtics
Bucks
Warriors
Cavs
Knicks
Lakers
Dallas

Re: Interesting Larry Sanders tweet
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 02:38:18 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
And what do you make of this tweet, Fred?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 02:54:27 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Sanders, in shape and properly motivated, is the kind of guy the Celtics need up front, but I doubt Ainge is interested.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 03:07:10 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Sounds really desperate to me.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 03:21:14 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The fact he listed Celtics first is obviously (although probably unintentionally) flattering.

Now that we just signed Zeller, do we have any way to sign Sanders? Is there any other exception available? 

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 03:22:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
The fact he listed Celtics first is obviously (although probably unintentionally) flattering.

Now that we just signed Zeller, do we have any way to sign Sanders? Is there any other exception available?
Do you think we would have signed Zeller if we had any interest in Sanders?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 03:33:28 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Yes, but only if we trade Amir, which has been rumored.

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 03:37:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Yes, but only if we trade Amir, which has been rumored.
And unless we trade him for Blake Griffin, which would be a big-for-big swap. Way too many ifs. :)

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 03:48:37 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Yes, keeping Zeller has intrinsic value regardless of finding players in his position. The question here is about whether we would've found better use for the $6.5M in cap space he was holding. Apparently, there wasn't.

If Larry Sanders would join us, it would be for the Room Exception or for the league minimum. Roster space will get tricky, so a trade would've to be made or let players go. But I'd hesitate to let go of a player in a multi-year contract for a one year deal (which I assume is what Sanders would be getting at this stage).

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 03:51:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Yes, keeping Zeller has intrinsic value regardless of finding players in his position. The question here is about whether we would've found better use for the $6.5M in cap space he was holding. Apparently, there wasn't.

If Larry Sanders would join us, it would be for the Room Exception or for the league minimum. Roster space will get tricky, so a trade would've to be made or let players go. But I'd hesitate to let go of a player in a multi-year contract for a one year deal (which I assume is what Sanders would be getting at this stage).
It just doesn't seem like good roster management to keep seven bigs and let go of depth in other positions.

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 03:59:03 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

It just doesn't seem like good roster management to keep seven bigs and let go of depth in other positions.

Well, depends how much you count on Hunter, Young, Holland, Jackson as depth worthy players.

But certainly, a valid point. I just don't think it's more important than increasing our trading asset potential.

But it's manageable. We're 3 deep at the very least in all 1-3 positions, that's enough depth to let you tinkle with.

PG - Thomas, Smart, Rozier,
SG - Bradley, Smart, Green, Rozier
SF - Crowder, Brown, Jerebko, Green

And the bigs. Depth is not an issue all told.

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 04:13:19 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
"I'm getting closer to running out of money so its time to put some feelers out there"

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 04:18:40 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
"I'm getting closer to running out of money so its time to put some feelers out there"

If true the man is a moron . How could you run out of money that quick?

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 04:37:26 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

If true the man is a moron . How could you run out of money that quick?

See Mike Tyson, Antoine Walker.....

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 04:42:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Well, depends how much you count on Hunter, Young, Holland, Jackson as depth worthy players.

But certainly, a valid point. I just don't think it's more important than increasing our trading asset potential.

But it's manageable. We're 3 deep at the very least in all 1-3 positions, that's enough depth to let you tinkle with.

PG - Thomas, Smart, Rozier,
SG - Bradley, Smart, Green, Rozier
SF - Crowder, Brown, Jerebko, Green

And the bigs. Depth is not an issue all told.
The depth chart looks nifty when you put the same body in multiple positions until you realize this also means that one injury can cut your depth in multiple positions, too.