Author Topic: defense, depth, youth,coaching and some real entertainers  (Read 562 times)

defense, depth, youth,coaching and some real entertainers
« on: July 25, 2016, 02:44:42 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
the ultimate goal a banner NOW, can get in the way of watching and enjoying some fine basketball
in my era the celtics were always winning year, after year, after year but there was no free agency
the celtics were winning with pace,fast break and defense since russell
this team under construction is going to be exciting with its defense,i,the stability of horford both defensively and on offense with isaiah much more the point guard than scorer-
jerry west teams couldn't beat the east coast grit and curry lost last year
there is just one basketball and 5 big egos out there-they were supposed to be the greatest and almost lost to okc and then did to the cavs
i'm going to enjoy this regular season -i love basketball not just winning the process of growing your players,building a team and overcoming weaknesses-the strategy of the game and watching the showmanship and drive of world class athletes
after all it is just a game but it isn't- it is war and the winner gets the banner

Re: defense, depth, youth,coaching and some real entertainers
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 02:56:32 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Rollie, That was your 1984 post, and a good one it was. While Horford is no Russell, he's an excellent basketball player that should really help are all Defensive backcourt.

Should be the funnest season since Paul and Kevin were great.

Re: defense, depth, youth,coaching and some real entertainers
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 04:36:58 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
the celts and this board has been uplifting to me and helped me through some dark times
like bosch i developed a dvt full leg and acute thrombosis right and left,then a mini stroke -these came out of nowhere and now a right a left bundle branch block(heart)-peter pan hit reality with a thud-
this rebuild helped  my recovery-along with fellow posters posts
i'll never stop being that skinny kid that was all over the court as massimino said-
i just watched the team usa vs china
what a collection of athletes the usa has everybody knocking down threes and deandre just immense inside rebounding and to end the game with an air ball foul shot
shaq a fool here we come