Author Topic: USA vs. China (7/24/16)  (Read 2128 times)

USA vs. China (7/24/16)
« on: July 25, 2016, 01:57:16 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Just caught this today. Full 20 minutes of highlights here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUi7gBKARD4

One of my biggest disappointments as a Cs fan was missing out on DeAndre Jordan. What an absolute monster, a lot of fun to watch. Boogie makes it easy to start drooling for that trade that may never come, too. And holy Klay Thompson -- I'd sell the farm for him over Butler.

Edit: Less than happy Yabu is playing in China.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 02:31:37 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: USA vs. China (7/24/16)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 11:35:24 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Bump. Crunk it or junk it?!
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: USA vs. China (7/24/16)
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 12:50:39 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I like the way our team is constructed. Its like they knew that they weren't going to be able to get most of the top wing talent and instead decided to stack the frontcourt, the coaching staff deserves some credit for changing their sets as much as they did.

Jordan was unguardeble to Zhuo Qi. Hard to draw too many conclusions other than the fact the he's probably this generation's most automatic lob target. Imo his best attribute is his incredible durability for such a high flyer.

Cousins and Kyrie had no match. They just recognise that they are within scoring range and take the points. Both are the type that should put up consecutive buckets to put other teams out of games.

Klay is the only player that we really "need". As good as we are having Klay offer consistent 3 point shooting will account for any wasted possessions by overly aggressive play(plays which we should be trying of course.)

Derozan is such a luxury and Lowry is probably better than any non U.S. point guard in the tournament. The small ball line up that features the two of them seems to gas the opponents who have been dealing with Jordan -Cousins all day up until then.

Somewhat surprised George is a backup but I guess Durant had something to do with that. Looking forward to the tournament though I doubt any of the games are even competitive. The Team USA coaching staff seems to have figured out whatever the early 2000 team forgot.

Edit: Proofreading, oops.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 02:51:18 PM by Smartacus »