Would you make the trade, knowing blake may walk

Yes. Horford, Griffin gives us a shot at the Finals this year
15 (31.9%)
No. Not giving up Crowder for a rental.
23 (48.9%)
If Griffin hints at returning, Yes.
9 (19.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Poll: Amir and Crowder For possibly One year of Blake  (Read 3465 times)

Poll: Amir and Crowder For possibly One year of Blake
« on: July 24, 2016, 05:14:07 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

So If we make that trade, We could pay Blake more than anyone else, You would think we would have a better than 50% chance at resigning him.

Big gamble losing Crowder, but it may be worth it.

Re: Poll: Amir and Crowder For possibly One year of Blake
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 05:26:02 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Crowder and his contract are Gold for this team...not dealing him....Amir/Bradley for Griffin.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 05:29:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

So If we make that trade, We could pay Blake more than anyone else, You would think we would have a better than 50% chance at resigning him.

Trust me this offer won't do anything

Orlando apparently offered Gordon plus Vucevic for Griffin. And Clippers said no

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 05:31:42 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Amir + Crowder + John Holland cannot match Blake + Pierce's salary.  This is a nonsense rumor.

The Celtics would need to send out an additional $2,290,863 to make it work.  That's two of Young, Mickey, Rozier, and Hunter, or one of any other player we didn't just sign.  The dude at RealGM likes to say he knows what he's talking about, but he's saying that trades are being talked about which are against the CBA, so I'm going to hazard that he doesn't actually know what he's talking about.

And please no one tell me that he was talking about an "outline" of a deal.  John Holland is not the type of player who's involved in "outlines" of deals.  He's the type who's talked about only to make salaries work.  They don't, so it isn't a real deal.

Thanks.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 05:32:05 PM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78
Crowder and his contract are Gold for this team...not dealing him....Amir/Bradley for Griffin.

Bradley and his contract aren't? 

Look at what this blog has turned into...countless polls utterly devoid of any redeeming value. ::)

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 05:46:00 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Look at what this blog has turned into...countless polls utterly devoid of any redeeming value. ::)

I think Crowder's contract runs longer than Bradley's by a couple of years--no--?

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 05:47:56 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I think this is a nonsense subject too, but Crowder's contract, which has four years left on it, is far superior to Bradley's.  Avery's is very good value, but Crowder probably would have earned in excess of $80 million over four years this summer, and we have him for a little over $28 million.  Bradley might be worth the same on the open market, but if the Celtics keep him for the next four years, I'd imagine they'll pay over $55 million during the same period.

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 05:48:24 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
just checked...Bradley's contract expires after "18....Crowder's after "20--and for Less than Bradley each year also.

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 06:18:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

hmmmmm....not unlike many other parts of my life.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 06:56:38 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

hmmmmm....not unlike many other parts of my life.  ;)

Ahahaha, TP ;D. Has someone signed up for Flirty Girl Fitness, lol ;D?

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 07:41:41 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Yes.

Of course Blake isn't going to re-up this year, it makes no sense for him financially. But if we make a run to the ECF or Finals, what other team is going to be a more attractive destination for him next year? Obviously you have to talk with Blake and get as much info as you can, but it's worth taking some risk.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 07:52:02 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Trust me this offer won't do anything

Orlando apparently offered Gordon plus Vucevic for Griffin. And Clippers said no

Our offer might make more sense with fit with their team, don't know if it's as much of a mismatch as you'd think. Amir Johnson is a well-respected veteran who's known to bring a strong presence to the locker room. Chris Paul has always done well with high IQ slashing big men that can protect the rim, definitely seems like a Doc Rivers guy.

Vucevic is clearly the more talented player which is why he's paid more, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Doc Rivers is going to want him and his contract on the books. Doc is also like Danny where the destination that the player is traded too matters. The Clippers could maintain a resemblance to their current core and send one of Doc Rivers closest players and friends of all time back to Boston.

I think if you ask Chris Paul who he'd rather play with between Jae Crowder and soon to be maxed out Aaron Gordon it's not outside the realm of possibility that he'd pick Crowder. Crowder'd be a good match in intensity, where Gordon's a bit more laid back.

Plus they get a non Brooklyn pick to iron out whatever holes in the roster might turn up. Our offer might not be quite as strong as the Orlando offer on paper but it arguably makes more sense for the Clippers.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 07:59:35 PM by Smartacus »

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 08:58:38 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think it would have to be
Nets 2018, Crowder, AJ and Rozier to get Griffin right now. I think they should not include the Nets pick. Instead deal them KO and their own pick back.

Crowder, AJ, Rozier, KO and Clippers 1st .

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 09:33:08 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I think it would have to be
Nets 2018, Crowder, AJ and Rozier to get Griffin right now. I think they should not include the Nets pick. Instead deal them KO and their own pick back.

That's too much without an extension in place.

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2016, 02:14:36 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
That's too much without an extension in place.

I thought that was cheap. It could be worse. It could be like Butler demand as you could argue Griffin is better. In fact Doc probably wants a lot more
Clippers 1st back, AJ, Crowder, JJ, Rozier and AB for Griffin, Reddick and Pierce. All three guys he sends are expiring*.

Clippers
CP3, AB, Crowder, AJ, Jordan
Rivers, Crawford, WJ, BJ, Speights
Rozier, JJ, M&M, Stone

Makes sense to stock up on more defenders given the super team the Warriors are. Also CP3 would be the best PG to have ever played with AB, Crowder and AJ sure their offense would be even better. Doc could see this trade as; Warriors are going to be an offensive juggernaut that no team can match the Clippers can counter only by being a defensive wall.

Now about the no extension. If C's were in the running for KD and still got Hordford  (6th best FA) shouldn't they be able to resign Griffin? I think so. Even if the C's did the huge player swap that I feel Clippers truly want I'd still take it. All because you don't lose Smart, Brown or any Nets picks.

C's 2016-17
IT, Reddick, Pierce, BG, Hordford
Smart, Brown, Green, KO, Zeller
DJ, Hunter, Young, Bentil, Mickey

Without a doubt 2nd best team in the East.