Author Topic: Who will be tanking this year?  (Read 3686 times)

Re: Who will be tanking this year?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 01:27:21 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
If Bosh is healthy (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-chris-bosh-hopes-new-medication-sways-heat-to-let-him-play/) then they will have Dragic/Ellington/Winslow/Bosh/Whiteside.  That's not exactly a tanking line up.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 01:37:21 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
If Bosh is healthy (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-chris-bosh-hopes-new-medication-sways-heat-to-let-him-play/) then they will have Dragic/Ellington/Winslow/Bosh/Whiteside.  That's not exactly a tanking line up.

That is a very big "If" though.  I could see them tanking this year, since it's their one chance (they owe their 2018 pick (only protected 1-7) to PHO after that awful Dragic trade
I'm bitter.

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 01:43:58 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Golden State? :-P Grab A transcendent No. 1 pick and complete their big 5.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 01:44:22 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
I've gotta go with Phoenix in the top spot. Will play Chriss and Bender a ton, chalk it up to learning. Sac is also up there. I think the Lakers are too good to tank, but with their pick protected Top-3, they have incentive.

Then, there are the "injury tanks," or teams that will tank if they lose their key players. NOP and Sac are at the top of this list.

I think both Denver and Minneapolis are over the hump. Philly might be, as well.

Mike

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 01:48:10 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I've gotta go with Phoenix in the top spot. Will play Chriss and Bender a ton, chalk it up to learning. Sac is also up there. I think the Lakers are too good to tank, but with their pick protected Top-3, they have incentive.

Then, there are the "injury tanks," or teams that will tank if they lose their key players. NOP and Sac are at the top of this list.

I think both Denver and Minneapolis are over the hump. Philly might be, as well.

Mike
Philly is gonna be worse than people think. That lineup does not fit together at all.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 09:52:58 PM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
Philly will be bad but now that they've got their star they won't be actively trying to tank. Although they're pretty much a lock for bottom 5 if they don't trade a couple of centers for someone that can help win games.

Lakers, similarly, will be bad but I think they want to win games. They won't but they'll try. I think the pick is still top 3 protected like last season.

(Jesus, Philly has Simmons and Saric coming over, young trade bait and they can still wind up with 2 top 5 picks in a supposedly loaded draft next summer if the Lakers are 4th or 5ht worst)

Timberwolves are going to win some games with that talent and Thibbs on the bench.

I think Phoenix is going to be bad out of the gate and be tank city.

Dallas and Memphis jsut spent a lot of money and are still clinging to past eras. Unless one of them really nosedives out of the gate, I think they're going to try to win games.

Otherwise, like BitterJim said, it's going to be some team that looks like a playoff team but stumbles or has injuries. Miami is a prime candidate for that but there will be surprises.

Yeah, that Nets pick is looking like another piece of gold.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 09:54:02 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

Mike
Philly is gonna be worse than people think. That lineup does not fit together at all.

How does 3 avg-good 3 point shooters, a de facto 6'10 PG, and whichever center you want not fit?

They have to move Okafor or Noel then it fits very well.