Author Topic: Danny missed out on Dejounte Murray and Patrick McCaw  (Read 8061 times)

Re: Danny missed out on Dejounte Murray and Patrick McCaw
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 09:02:14 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I guess triboy's fascination over Mickey have waned down.

Mickey is going to help this upcoming season. Looks good shooring the ball. He is still about 5-7 pounds/strengtg away to handle everyday grind

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 09:04:16 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Danny "draft and stash" strategy had to be done but may backfire

I rather have brown, murray, mccaw in the lineup now vs brown , jackson, bentil

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 09:33:45 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Mickey is going to help this upcoming season. Looks good shooring the ball. He is still about 5-7 pounds/strengtg away to handle everyday grind

That's a stretch judging by how he looked recently. He's our 6th big (after Horford, Olynyk, Johnson, Jerebko, and Zeller) and depending on how Bentil performs in camp he could be on the outside looking in. Regardless, it looks like another year in Maine for the SF sized Mickey.

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2016, 09:39:33 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

That's a stretch judging by how he looked recently. He's our 6th big (after Horford, Olynyk, Johnson, Jerebko, and Zeller) and depending on how Bentil performs in camp he could be on the outside looking in. Regardless, it looks like another year in Maine for the SF sized Mickey.

Mickey is ahead of Zeller who is near garbage under cbs system.  Cant shoot and not a good overall defender

I get you dislike Mickey (especially due to his height),  but try to be a little objective sometimes

Btw how is your cliff alexander doing?  ;D

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 11:02:46 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Danny missed out on :
-Parker
-Ginobili
-Butler
-D. Green
-IT

and now WHAT? Murray and McCaw?
Jeez, fire Danny asap please, enough is enough

tell you want, if you want to use 20/20 hindsight and missed players as the criteria for judging a GM, then go back to the drafts of other teams, such as san antontio and do the same thing.

using the criteria, SA is run by idiots would have no business keeping their jobs. year after year, draft after draft SA let good players slip by them.

didnt every GM pass on IT, most of them twice? what fools they all are, right?

see? your approach only makes sense if you also do the homework and apply this model to other franchises as well. the result's show how limited this approach is in assessing drafting ability.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 11:03:59 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Mickey is ahead of Zeller who is near garbage under cbs system.  Cant shoot and not a good overall defender

I get you dislike Mickey (especially due to his height),  but try to be a little objective sometimes

Zeller made 48% out of 16 feet up to the three-point line in the year before he fell apart at the seams, so "can't shoot" isn't exactly true.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 11:05:16 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja

you might be right. but i wonder if his problem is less physical than mental. when i watched him on defense he seemed lost many times in terms of switches, positioning, etc.

if anyone can teach him to play better basketball, it is CBS. i am looking forward to seeing how micky develops this year. should be fun.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 11:08:45 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Danny missed out on :
-Parker
-Ginobili
-Butler
-D. Green
-IT

tell you want, if you want to use 20/20 hindsight and missed players as the criteria for judging a GM, then go back to the drafts of other teams, such as san antontio and do the same thing.

using the criteria, SA is run by idiots would have no business keeping their jobs. year after year, draft after draft SA let good players slip by them.

see? your approach only makes sense if you also do the homework and apply this model to other franchises as well. the result's show how limited this approach is in assessing drafting ability.

I think he was being sarcastic, judging from the comic sans
I'm bitter.

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2016, 11:14:18 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson

Judging from the fact that Zeller played ~12 mpg in 60 games last year, while Mickey played ~4 mpg in 16 games, I'd be willing to bet that Zeller is ahead of Mickey

Sure, something could have changed since last year, but there's nothing to support saying that Mickey is a head of Zeller (and would Danny have resigned Zeller if he were actually behind Mickey?).  I get that you like Mickey, but try to be a little objective sometimes
I'm bitter.

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2016, 11:24:08 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Also, I don't think Mickey can play C in any form or shape. At best, he'll get some minutes as a third-stringer behind Johnson and Olynyk.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2016, 11:27:07 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
Danny missed out on :
-Parker
-Ginobili
-Butler
-D. Green
-IT

oh. but on cb that passes for a real post. time to get the sarcasm meter checked. sigh.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2016, 11:35:08 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
Also, I don't think Mickey can play C in any form or shape. At best, he'll get some minutes as a third-stringer behind Johnson and Olynyk.

I don't think that not being able to play C will really effect him, all of our other bigs (except Jerbko and, if you count him, Crowder) can play C, so he'd almost certainly be paired with a big that can take the 5 spot while he plays the 4.  If/when he doesn't play it will be because of skill, not fit

Danny missed out on :
-Parker
-Ginobili
-Butler
-D. Green
-IT

oh. but on cb that passes for a real post. time to get the sarcasm meter checked. sigh.

Yeah, that's why I'm only saying that I think he was being sarcastic, sometimes it's a real toss up
I'm bitter.

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2016, 11:39:55 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I don't think that not being able to play C will really effect him, all of our other bigs (except Jerbko and, if you count him, Crowder) can play C, so he'd almost certainly be paired with a big that can take the 5 spot while he plays the 4.  If/when he doesn't play it will be because of skill, not fit
Of course it will affect him. That would be minute he won't be competing for. Coming to think of it, probably both him and Zeller are afterthought third-stringer in the current rotation (I kind of forgot we have Jerebko -- oops   ???)

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2016, 11:59:59 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Mickey and zeller are the extra bigs. Or if one of top 4 guys get injured (last year pretty healthy for the most part)

Mickey is a better overall defender than "stiff" zeller.

Zeller "experience factor" is no longer relevent (reason why he got min over 1st year rookie Mickey).

Mickey hopefully has recovered from his shoulder injury. He looked at 80 percent at SL

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2016, 12:40:06 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
"I get you dislike Mickey (especially due to his height),  but try to be a little objective sometimes"

Really? You're going to advise someone on objectivity?
You put Mickey in the Hall of Fame on day one. I find it strange that you aren't promoting any film on his summer league performance.