Author Topic: Danny missed out on Dejounte Murray and Patrick McCaw  (Read 8062 times)

Danny missed out on Dejounte Murray and Patrick McCaw
« on: July 24, 2016, 01:19:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Dejounte Murray Full SL highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZiOfiV4Lc8

Patrick McCaw Full SL highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjS_3wYiD3o

Re: Danny missed out on Dejounte Murray and Patrick McCaw
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 01:23:00 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52
Here we go again....summer league as a testimony to greatness.
Give it a rest.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 01:26:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Give it a rest.

Don't you have to excel in SL 1st to even get a sniff at the NBA level? 

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 01:26:50 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
So we should have drafted Murray instead of Yabusele or Zizic?
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 01:31:18 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Classic overreaction

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 03:06:12 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I thought the goal was to have room for 2 max free agents.

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 03:42:48 AM »

Offline CelticsJG

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
We don't know if Ainge miss on those guys until we see them in the NBA. Do people expect much from Ainge when it comes to drafting? Dude been average @ best.

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 05:10:45 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I liked Murray and he dropped really low compared to his projected near end of the lottery
I would've liked ainge to draft him but we are pretty full on both guard positions
so playing time would be hard to come by

Mccaw was mostly seen as an early 2nd rounder
I didn't really see much of him in college so didn't really have an opinion on him

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 05:35:49 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I guess triboy's fascination over Mickey have waned down.

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 05:40:22 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
You know Yab was not the BPA. The pick/s were made so we could stash, IMO Yab will probably never even be a Glen Davis level player and he was a 2nd rounder.

Zizick was a decent pick at 23.
Brown is a very good prospect and I say this without hesitation...the speed, grace, and decisiveness on his SPIN MOVE reminds me a lot of Andrew Wiggins, but JB is stronger and more filled. Dear God let this kid make a leap in his game in regards to his finishing and over-all jumper.But could have been traded down for, I could have seen Brown being selected, at latest by Nuggets and def PHO at #8....but who knows really. I also would have traded down and at minimum selected Dunn with the #3 and then dealt with the half-dozen teams that wanted him.
But if we missed on Jaylen by trading down (which is unlikely) then Buddy Hield would have been a good pick as well.
Yab should have been picked based on being BPA, not on the ability to go overseas. We traded RR, this forums Golden Boy, for Yab( do not bring up Crowder bc throwins do prove themselves after trades and given opportunities and extra time...they got a lesser but still good throw in in Powell)

Trading the 31 and 35 was stupid for what we got back.....the Griz love that trade and they should.

Biggest problem is that DA had more than enough time to consolidate the picks or include them in a draft night trade, or use them to move-up. Sometimes you can't win everything and DA has def not been winning at the draft.

IMO DA would still be mostly hated on this blog had he not signed Hortford. But Hortford was not pryed away from Atlanta, he was running away from Dwight. DA has screwed us (the fans) with a lack of humility when assesing trades and needs to show how smart he is or win in every regard..... so stop calling DA a master and commander.

Also signing Zeller was stupid, I'd rather take a flier on an up and comer....hopefully there is a trade happening and KO is now apart of it. I can't wait for the cb posters that believe he could be a super-star to have a meltdown...followed by going back to work as full-time DA apologists.

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 06:18:12 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Give it a rest.

No.

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 07:03:34 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
I really like Murray. He can play. Killer first step. Really smooth.

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 07:26:18 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Give it a rest.

No, and if you do excel it doesn't mean you are going to be good in the NBA.

Yes, the summer CB doldrums have set in.

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 07:40:35 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Danny missed out on :
-Parker
-Ginobili
-Butler
-D. Green
-IT

and now WHAT? Murray and McCaw?
Jeez, fire Danny asap please, enough is enough

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 08:23:29 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
You know Yab was not the BPA. The pick/s were made so we could stash, IMO Yab will probably never even be a Glen Davis level player and he was a 2nd rounder.

Zizick was a decent pick at 23.
Brown is a very good prospect and I say this without hesitation...the speed, grace, and decisiveness on his SPIN MOVE reminds me a lot of Andrew Wiggins, but JB is stronger and more filled. Dear God let this kid make a leap in his game in regards to his finishing and over-all jumper.But could have been traded down for, I could have seen Brown being selected, at latest by Nuggets and def PHO at #8....but who knows really. I also would have traded down and at minimum selected Dunn with the #3 and then dealt with the half-dozen teams that wanted him.
But if we missed on Jaylen by trading down (which is unlikely) then Buddy Hield would have been a good pick as well.
Yab should have been picked based on being BPA, not on the ability to go overseas. We traded RR, this forums Golden Boy, for Yab( do not bring up Crowder bc throwins do prove themselves after trades and given opportunities and extra time...they got a lesser but still good throw in in Powell)

Trading the 31 and 35 was stupid for what we got back.....the Griz love that trade and they should.

Biggest problem is that DA had more than enough time to consolidate the picks or include them in a draft night trade, or use them to move-up. Sometimes you can't win everything and DA has def not been winning at the draft.

IMO DA would still be mostly hated on this blog had he not signed Hortford. But Hortford was not pryed away from Atlanta, he was running away from Dwight. DA has screwed us (the fans) with a lack of humility when assesing trades and needs to show how smart he is or win in every regard..... so stop calling DA a master and commander.

Also signing Zeller was stupid, I'd rather take a flier on an up and comer....hopefully there is a trade happening and KO is now apart of it. I can't wait for the cb posters that believe he could be a super-star to have a meltdown...followed by going back to work as full-time DA apologists.

It's Horford, not Hortford.