Author Topic: Keith Smith's latest rumor updates out of vegas...C's not finished yet.  (Read 26233 times)

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
I would trade all assets plus Danny & Wyc to end up with Horford, Griffin and Westbrook.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 01:12:50 PM by feckless »
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Lol

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
I would trade all assets plus Danny & Wyc to end up with Horford, Griffin and Westbrook.

Ainge is worth a first round draft choice for compensation.  Wyc only late 2nd Round pick and a few sparklers and firecrackers.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Smitty is like some of the others with anonymous sources. People who are involved with  the NBA and have an ear to the talk. Maybe even leakers. These are probably rumors with some legs to them. Though the details aren't perfect. Kind of like the Deep Throat guy in the Watergate scandal.

Beat writers for teams--guys like Bulpett, can't report this stuff. They can only report what the team approves. Indeed, even guys like Bulpett could be an "anonymous source"!

Agree. Heck, Smitty was the very first guy to report the Blake talks.
Then it was confirmed by Sean Deveney (who remains the only person who said there were recent talks). FWIW, Deveney was also the first to report the Green signing.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

I would roll the dice and get them for the rumored deals without extensions. Doc and Sam Presti might jump at this. That would make a helluva team which would go deep into playoffs. Incentive for them to re-sign, especially with re-signing benefits Celtics would have.

You have to be one step ahead of everybody else to get what you want.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Both are NOT available...Both ARE available...who knows what to believe--?

There are Good reasons to trade these guys if you are their current team....Heck, Philly should NOT deal Okafor until the trade deadline--cause who knows how many games Embiid will play.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

Ainge is worth a first round draft choice for compensation.  Wyc only late 2nd Round pick and a few sparklers and firecrackers.

Ainge is worth 3 Brooklyn first rounders. Not many franchises have this smart of a man running the ship. He's a game changer, especially for someone like Sacramento

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Both are NOT available...Both ARE available...who knows what to believe--?

There are Good reasons to trade these guys if you are their current team....Heck, Philly should NOT deal Okafor until the trade deadline--cause who knows how many games Embiid will play.
I haven't seen a single legitimate source say either of these guys are available.  Every legitimate media person who has wasted time on this has said the rumors are fake, nothing is happening, and neither is available.

That could change.  But we're just guessing.

Logically, I would assume Westbrook is more likely to become available, because there seems to be a real possibility he leaves OKC.  People have been talking about it for a while.  So maybe he gets moved this season.    I'm not totally seeing why Blake would get traded, though.  Unless he secretly hates it there and plans on leaving the Clippers, why would they move him?  It would make more sense for them to build around Blake and trade Chris Paul, if anything.  And it doesn't seem like he's on the outs.  Wasn't he part of their recruiting party in their meeting with Durant?

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
My sources might be slightly less credible. My dogs sources are probably more credible. It's funny how people fall for this stuff. Nothing to see here. Although it is entertaining.

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I know this guy is supposed to be semi-credible but the way he phrases it just makes me think he's making it all up.

Great words from a great man

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Interesting...i don't buy that last bit about Brown backing Pierce up on opening night. Paul Pierce is out of gas, as much of a legend as he is around these parts.

I can see the Amir/Crowder trade happening. I don't want to see it happen, but it makes too much sense. We need better big men and Danny really likes that BRK pick for '17.

Don't deal Brown. That kid works way too hard to not be at least of some use. He'll get real good developing under Brad Stevens.

This guy's "sources" all seem to come from the Clips (Doc's habit of blabbing apparently permeating through the organization)-so it's not surprising they'd try to palm the idea of Pierce not being completely spent by now--and even push the fantasy that he could somehow credibly start in the league somewhere next year.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Smitty is like some of the others with anonymous sources. People who are involved with  the NBA and have an ear to the talk. Maybe even leakers. These are probably rumors with some legs to them. Though the details aren't perfect. Kind of like the Deep Throat guy in the Watergate scandal.

Beat writers for teams--guys like Bulpett, can't report this stuff. They can only report what the team approves. Indeed, even guys like Bulpett could be an "anonymous source"!

Then it was confirmed by Sean Deveney (who remains the only person who said there were recent talks). FWIW, Deveney was also the first to report the Green signing.

So far he's been right about:
- Sully leaving
-signing zeller to the additional year
-guaranteeing Jackson for one year

Not astounding but certainly not making this stuff up. He's just relaying what he's been told. Who knows what level of connectedness applies.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

- Sully leaving

Not astounding but certainly not making this stuff up. He's just relaying what he's been told. Who knows what level of connectedness applies.

No offense, but the "Sully leaving" thing was him reading an NBA transactions report.  I had started a thread two days earlier saying either he or Zeller had to have been rescinded on that Friday.  This was not anything special.

Zeller getting a 1+1 deal was also highly logical, especially once Sully was out of the picture.  Again, it's something that I and many posters have been saying was possible for weeks if not months.

I didn't see him saying Jackson gets the first year guaranteed, but some Boston beat writer tweeted on draft night (Himmelsbach I think) that Jackson was going to be on the Celtics this year, so again, saying that Jackson would get a year guaranteed is wholly unimpressive.  One could have concluded the same thing from reading the tweets of maligned beat writers who apparently aren't allowed to say anything ever, according to this thread.

Finally, as I pointed out at the beginning of this thread, neither of the two proposals he's "hearing" for Griffin work with the salary cap.  So I can say, point blank, that neither deal will happen.  He theoretically maintains a database of everyone's salaries, so it shouldn't be difficult to realize that there's a problem with his information before reporting it, but he either doesn't know enough to realize it or doesn't care.  Neither is a good luck for someone trying to convince people that he's "in the know."

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Also, If...

1. This person has actual sources
2. Those people give him inside information in confidence
3. He immediately blurts them out on RealGM

You have to assume that those people would never talk to him again.

The bigtime journalists with sources get advance information specifically for the purpose of releasing because teams want to use them to announce things to the media. That's what a plausible journalist-source relationship looks like. Why would you tell this guy if your info isn't going to be secret, but won't be leaked in a manner beneficial to you either because it will only be seen by people who go to a Celtics message board?

Great words from a great man

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

- Sully leaving

No offense, but the "Sully leaving" thing was him reading an NBA transactions report.  I had started a thread two days earlier saying either he or Zeller had to have been rescinded on that Friday.  This was not anything special.

Zeller getting a 1+1 deal was also highly logical, especially once Sully was out of the picture.  Again, it's something that I and many posters have been saying was possible for weeks if not months.

I didn't see him saying Jackson gets the first year guaranteed, but some Boston beat writer tweeted on draft night (Himmelsbach I think) that Jackson was going to be on the Celtics this year, so again, saying that Jackson would get a year guaranteed is wholly unimpressive.  One could have concluded the same thing from reading the tweets of maligned beat writers who apparently aren't allowed to say anything ever, according to this thread.

Finally, as I pointed out at the beginning of this thread, neither of the two proposals he's "hearing" for Griffin work with the salary cap.  So I can say, point blank, that neither deal will happen.  He theoretically maintains a database of everyone's salaries, so it shouldn't be difficult to realize that there's a problem with his information before reporting it, but he either doesn't know enough to realize it or doesn't care.  Neither is a good luck for someone trying to convince people that he's "in the know."
So......  You're a sauce?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva