Author Topic: Thinking out loud - does Gordon for Brown makes sense for both Boston + Orlando?  (Read 26339 times)

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Unbelievable...LarBrd33 listens to Ed Sheeran, lol ;D?

I unfortunately know every lyric of that song by heart.  A couple of my friends got married and I had to help them with their choreographed first dance based on the music video.

I feel your pain, man.  Even today, if I hear certain words, Shania Twain's crap starts playing in my head because my mom used to play her 'music' ::) at home and in the car, like non-stop, and that was close to 15 years ago :o *facepalm*.

Of course, I've seen also seen almost every chick flick known to man at least 5-10 times, and don't get me started on shows like Charmed, America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, Oprah, Lifetime crap, ABC Family crap, and most shows on HGTV as well as the Food Network.  Ugh.  Larbrd33...you have been chopped (sarcasm) ::), lol ;D.
Beat LA, what's your favorite chick flick?

What a wonderful question. Beat LA?! This should be a solid answer.

I logged in just for you guys, lol ;D. Isn't the answer obvious, though - I hate them all ;D. Ugh.  But while I'm trying to think of the most manageable crap fest that I could sit through in terms of chick flicks, what are your favorites, guys, and have you ever had to watch one of these 'films' without a girlfriend present, btw, bc let's just take that out of the equation right now, lol ;D.

Edit - still thinking ;D.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I unfortunately know every lyric of that song by heart.  A couple of my friends got married and I had to help them with their choreographed first dance based on the music video.

I feel your pain, man.  Even today, if I hear certain words, Shania Twain's crap starts playing in my head because my mom used to play her 'music' ::) at home and in the car, like non-stop, and that was close to 15 years ago :o *facepalm*.

Of course, I've seen also seen almost every chick flick known to man at least 5-10 times, and don't get me started on shows like Charmed, America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, Oprah, Lifetime crap, ABC Family crap, and most shows on HGTV as well as the Food Network.  Ugh.  Larbrd33...you have been chopped (sarcasm) ::), lol ;D.

I logged in just for you guys, lol ;D. Isn't the answer obvious, though - I hate them all ;D. Ugh.  But while I'm trying to think of the most manageable crap fest that I could sit through in terms of chick flicks, what are your favorites, guys, and have you ever had to watch one of these 'films' without a girlfriend present, btw, bc let's just take that out of the equation right now, lol ;D.

"13 Going on 30" is a winner.

I once sat through and watched "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" in its entirety by myself.   Not my finest moment. 

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Any movie thatvhad heavy eye candy and comedy added into a ladies movie would be a okay by me. But can't think of last 1 I saw lol

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

"13 Going on 30" is a winner.

I once sat through and watched "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" in its entirety by myself.   Not my finest moment.

Really?  I'd consider that one to be small on the scale of chick flicks.  I'm talking about ones like the notebook, notting hill, you've got mail, sleepless in seattle, all of the bring it on movies (for tv included), every Cinderella make, remake, remake of remake, and remake of remake of remake ;D, america's sweathearts, the parent trap, mean girls, she's the man, what a girl wants, maid of honor (like 13 going on 30, probably relatively minor as far as chicks flicks are concerned, imo.  Welp.), 4 weddings and a funeral, my best friend's wedding (I've seen parts of it, at least), the devil wears prada, freaky friday, crazy stupid love (which was so bad that I couldn't bring myself to finish it while on a flight over the Pacific, lol ;D), how to lose a guy in 10 days, the house bunny, what's your number, love actually has been on recently (ugh), the holiday, parts of 27 dresses, legally blonde, john tucker must die, the cutting edge: going for the gold, ice princess, hitch, the princess diaries, the sisterhood of the traveling pants, calendar girls has also been on recently but I've mostly managed to avoid it ;D, pitch perfect (I've seen parts of it, at least.  Ugh), my big fat greek wedding, the wedding planner, maid in manhattan, sweet home alabama, brigdet jones's diary and sequel (I think), what women want, monster in law, kate and leopold, chocolat, bend it like beckham, pride and prejudice (the a&e/bbc miniseries, btw, not the keira knightley watered down movie, which I've fortunately managed to avoid ;D), etc. 

Here's a list I just found about chick flicks.  I must say, I don't agree with a large amount of the 'films' on this thing, but I've still seen far too many.  Ugh.  Don't go there, girlfriend (sarcasm) ::) ;D. I am one bring it on cheerathon all weekend long/campus crush thing away from becoming my sister's gay best friend (sarcasm), okay, lol ;D, and let's not even talk about grey's anatomy and other crappy shows.  Ugh.

http://www.listchallenges.com/ultimate-chick-flick-list 
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 03:39:59 AM by Beat LA »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Any movie thatvhad heavy eye candy and comedy added into a ladies movie would be a okay by me. But can't think of last 1 I saw lol

I wish that I could say the same, but I've seen way too much, lol ;D.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Okay, guys, I've decided...on the animated Anastasia movie.  Now, I'm not sure that it qualifies as a chick flick, but as a World War II and Russian history buff, etc., that film is gold, lol ;D.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Okay, guys, I've decided...on the animated Anastasia movie.  Now, I'm not sure that it qualifies as a chick flick, but as a World War II and Russian history buff, etc., that film is gold, lol ;D.
I just saw a pretty decent chick flick with my wife.  It was called "Ghostbusters". 

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I just saw a pretty decent chick flick with my wife.  It was called "Ghostbusters".

The movie Sisters was actually pretty funny, and I'd say it was a chick flick. Though I was watching it during the whole KD meeting/Al Horford signing saga, so I could've just been riding the free agency high and projecting it onto the movie, too.

Offline CoachBS#1

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
I think Brown has more upside and value to this team. Would not make that trade.
This