Would you trade Kelly and Yabu for Zach Lavine

Yes.
14 (53.8%)
No.
12 (46.2%)
Yabu is the deal breaker
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Poll: Kelly and Yabu for Lavine  (Read 1809 times)

Poll: Kelly and Yabu for Lavine
« on: July 24, 2016, 03:59:08 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Kris's Dunn arriving. Rubio is already the starter, Spent a first rounder on Tyus Jones another PG. Wiggins is a two guard and they have Shabazz Muhammad.

They have No Power Forwards they have Three Center's lead by Town's old Man KG, and Adrian Payne who is awful.

We could try to trade Mickey or Bentil, but If they wanted Kelly and rights to Yabu would you do it?

His D Is weak but he's 20 shoots the three, players both guard spots can give you 14ppg a night with plenty of Upside with Stevens.

Re: Poll: Kelly and Yabu for Lavine
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 04:01:43 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
No way Minnesota does that deal.  That's a blatant ripoff for us, imo.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 04:02:11 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Town's
 Olynyk
 Wiggins
 Kris Dunn
 Rubio

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 04:05:03 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
No way Minnesota does that deal.  That's a blatant ripoff for us, imo.

Really? What If it's Kelly, Rozier, Mickey, And Memphis First rounder.

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 04:13:09 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
LaVine is a 2. Rubio is most likely to get traded, although Thibs is adamant that he and Dunn can play together. Presumably, LaVine slots into the scoring combo guard off the bench, which many assumed would be his natural role. If not, he's the starting 2 and a [dang] good one at that with his spot-up 3p%. He's an awful, and I mean AWFUL, point man. Wiggins is squarely a 3. He's awful at 2 because he can't space the floor enough and his handle is weak. Muhammad will never be more than an energy 8th-man. He's too unskilled and clueless defensively. Great motor, though. Apparently Thibs wants Towns to play the 4 a lot this year (which I disagree with) and presumably start Dieng (which makes more sense when you consider their FA signings of back up centers).

The Wolves are my second team. I don't know if I'd be happy if we made this trade. LaVine is a guy whose value is so tied in with his upside that it's tough to gauge. He has been working his butt off this offseason, though. Olynyk works on paper next to Towns, but if Thibs wants Towns at the 4 it becomes irrelevant. My initial inclination is tha the Celtics win this trade and that Minny would never do it.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 05:10:13 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I would but Minny wouldn't.

- LilRip

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 05:33:52 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
 -not sure Minny wants to trade Lavine

-not sure Minny wants to have Kelly

-not sure Minny wants to have Yabu

-not sure why we need another SG

-not sure about this post in general

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 07:22:53 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Where's the option, "the T Wolves would laugh in our face with that offer"?

And no, adding pieces like rozier and other spare parts won't make a difference.

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 08:05:43 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I don't really like lavine
I like his highlight reel dunking
But in games he leaves a lot of to be desired

He's definitely a SG rather than PG

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 08:36:09 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
You can't offer a bunch of spare parts for a player that you want to be part of your core.

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 08:42:04 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
This is one of those bad trade offers where neither team is helped.

I doubt Minny would feel great about KO and Yab even with Memphis' first round pick.

Lavine has no place on the Cs because Bradley has that spot nailed down (Lavine is only a SG) and the Cs have plenty of young backups.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 09:09:26 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
We don't really need another PG/SG, so I wouldn't do the trade. Doubt Minny would accept our offer either way.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 11:33:04 AM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
Kris's Dunn arriving. Rubio is already the starter, Spent a first rounder on Tyus Jones another PG.

Meaning, Zach will play almost exclusively 2. And Minnesota fans will be relieved, since  as a point guard he has been disastrous. To be fair, using him as a point guard was as much a  developmental strategy for him as anything, and wasn't destined to last.

Thibodeau  claims that Ricky Rubio and Kris Dunn can play together; we'll see how long that lasts ...

Wiggins is a two guard

Maybe, but he mostly plays small forward.

and they have Shabazz Muhammad.

Well, that's true.

They have No Power Forwards

Bjelica had a very  promising rookie season, though far from the national spotlight in Minneapolis. He played 1000+ minutes and was a plus on both sides of the ball.

Kevin Garnett gave them some very good minutes, albeit not a lot of them. Certainly Adreian Payne helped himself in Summer League.

But the incumbent is Gorgui Dieng, who was the starter and had an excellent season.

I think that your point here is that KO would fill their gap at four; but Kelly is not a four, and that's the real problem with your proposal here.

they have Three Center's lead by Town's old Man KG, and Adrian Payne who is awful.

KG and Payne are by no stretch centers, even in today's more fluid definitions; more importantly, nor did their coach think so. On the other hand, you have left out Pekovic and Cole Aldrich.

We could try to trade Mickey or Bentil, but If they wanted Kelly and rights to Yabu would you do it?

Definitely not. Olynyk fits the Celtics to a T, and makes a big contribution  to winning basketball games. LaVine not so much, which, come to think of it, is the other real problem with your proposal.

His D Is weak but he's 20 shoots the three, players both guard spots can give you 14ppg a night with plenty of Upside with Stevens.

I don't see a fit.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 11:42:07 AM by ThePaintedArea »