Author Topic: Deduction: Jaylen Brown is available in trade talks  (Read 7107 times)

Re: Deduction: Jaylen Brown is available in trade talks
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2016, 10:36:57 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Why would the Celtics reach on the pick and not take the best asset (Kriss Dunn) if they were planning on trading the player?

Don't think Jaylen Brown is available.

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2016, 10:51:26 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I can't believe people are arguing against Brown being available.  He is available, of course he is.  How could he not be?  I can think of 15 trades where he would absolutely 100% be available if the other team was willing.

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2016, 10:55:49 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I can't believe people are arguing against Brown being available.  He is available, of course he is.  How could he not be?  I can think of 15 trades where he would absolutely 100% be available if the other team was willing.

not that I'm calling you out or anything...but what do you think he'd be available for?

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2016, 10:59:51 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
There are no untradable players, there are just bad trade offers.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2016, 07:37:54 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Why would the Celtics reach on the pick and not take the best asset (Kriss Dunn) if they were planning on trading the player?

Don't think Jaylen Brown is available.

Just because a bunch of fans and sports media folks postulated that Kris Dunn was the most desirable trade target from that draft for Philly & Chicago doesn't mean he is the most desirable trade target from that draft for other teams.

Whether Brown is available or not, I don't know.  I don't see any reason to assert that he isn't.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2016, 07:44:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Sure, Jaylen is available.   That goes without saying.  But I think it was a solid pick based on how he could develop long-term as a player.  I'm glad they went with a 19 year old who could fit into our window a decade from now, as opposed to just going with a 23 year old who plays a position of strength for the team and might have reached his limited ceiling. 

It was a good pick to make with the long-term vision in mind... in case a star never becomes available via trade.