Author Topic: a trade is coming  (Read 12779 times)

Re: a trade is coming
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2016, 01:57:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Car salesman and Lifshatz say these guys could be replacement guys for the people going out in a trade.
And kozlodoev is saying the core of the Earth could be made of hot Nutella. C'mon folks. This is shoring up the roster for this season and positioning ourselves for 2017 free agency.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2016, 02:00:22 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Car salesman and Lifshatz say these guys could be replacement guys for the people going out in a trade.
And kozlodoev is saying the core of the Earth could be made of hot Nutella. C'mon folks. This is shoring up the roster for this season and positioning ourselves for 2017 free agency.
Probably.  I just find it humorous that those two guys come out with such an obvious speculation and it is quoted as if it is news.  It's just speculation that anyone could have posted.

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 02:06:07 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
14 spots as is set. Jackson has a guaranteed deal also now. Last spot is between Bentil, young and hunter

Cam we list All 14 players then.

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2016, 02:06:23 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Probably.  I just find it humorous that those two guys come out with such an obvious speculation and it is quoted as if it is news.  It's just speculation that anyone could have posted.
They just don't know when it's time to cut their losses.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2016, 02:08:04 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
If a moves comes, it'll be at the trade deadline. I think DA is going into the season with what we have. It's more likely for them to be preparing for the 2017 FA frenzy.

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 02:08:09 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

The core of the Earth is made of hot Nutella? Cool, hand me a drill and a bowl of dipping fruit.

Mike

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2016, 02:11:51 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Horford
 Amir
 Crowder
 Bradley
 Thomas

Kelly, Jonas, Brown, Smart, Rozier
 Zeller, Gerald Green, Mickey, Hunter, Young

So that is 15 Not including Jackson, Bentil,Nader

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2016, 02:13:25 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Why guarantee Jackson?  Didn't they watch him play this summer?

They also watched him play in college.

Did you watch him in summer league? Pretty brutal, especially last game v Portland.

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 02:27:50 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Adam Himmelsbach ‏@AdamHimmelsbach 4m4 minutes ago
The Celtics have agreed to guaranteed deals w/Gerald Green, Tyler Zeller, & Demetrius Jackson & partial guarantee w/Ben Bentil, source says.

Adam Himmelsbach ‏@AdamHimmelsbach now6 seconds ago
League source says right now, R.J. Hunter, James Young, Ben Bentil and John Holland are in position to fight for the final roster spot
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2016, 03:16:02 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Did you watch him in summer league? Pretty brutal, especially last game v Portland.
I was also surprised they guaranteed him. He was great in college. I watched a lot of ND and I think hes got a lot of potential. First, he defends his position well. Hes too small to switch a bunch but he can cover point guards. Second, hes a much better shooter than his senior year indicated. 2 years ago he played off ball next to Jerian Grant, and he shot upwards of 40% because he took mostly catch and shoot good shots. This year, he was asked to run NDs terrible and stagnant offense. A lot of times this resulted in him having to iso with 3 or 4 seconds left on the clock and he took a lot of tough 3s because of this. Third, he is a terrific finisher and a terrific athlete. Fourth, he is a decent passer and is very good in the pick and roll. Now my concerns are largely around his handle and his ability to get an offense running smoothly. I had blamed Mike Brey for the static ND offense he was forced to run, but it is concerning how poorly he looked trying to initiate the offense. My second concern is his handle. He was much better at ND when playing off ball and able to basically just run at people in transition and drive closeouts. When forced to iso and create his own offense, he struggled. Im not sure he has the handle to break down NBA defenders. He relies more on his explosiveness.

Overall, Im glad Boston signed him. I think hes gonna develop into a terrific complementary guard. If I had to make a player comp I think Chalmers could be accurate.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2016, 03:19:21 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
14 spots as is set. Jackson has a guaranteed deal also now. Last spot is between Bentil, young and hunter

Cam we list All 14 players then.
Thomas
Bradley
Smart
Rozier
Crowder
Brown
Green
Johnson
Jerebko
Mickey
Horford
Olynyk
Zeller
Jackson

Id imagine Hunter has the inside track here.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2016, 03:43:58 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
The Celtics have agreed to guaranteed deals w/Gerald Green, Tyler Zeller, & Demetrius Jackson & partial guarantee w/Ben Bentil, source says.

League source says right now, R.J. Hunter, James Young, Ben Bentil and John Holland are in position to fight for the final roster spot

I don't see how RJ loses that battle.  He has an NBA skill, shooting.  He might be our best passing guard and his defense is surprisingly good.

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2016, 03:56:00 PM »

Offline cornbread1981

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3

I don't see how RJ loses that battle.  He has an NBA skill, shooting.  He might be our best passing guard and his defense is surprisingly good.
cmon now all he can do is shoot he cant go for a layup without getting blocked either

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2016, 04:00:58 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I assume any trade we'll see is just one or two of the young failures for a future pick.

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2016, 04:43:18 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

It just reinforces how unimportant summer league performances really are.