Author Topic: Aaron Gordon  (Read 2291 times)

Aaron Gordon
« on: July 23, 2016, 01:51:03 AM »

Offline anewframe

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
The Orlando Magic roster looks like a bit of a mess to me. Seems like Gordon's best fit is at PF and they just added Ibaka and Bismack and they still have Vucevic. I wonder if we could pry away Aaron Gordon from them? It obviously would cost a bit. But it's hard to imagine him getting enough minutes on that roster?

Probably not realistic but man I reckon he would be so great on this Celtics roster.

Re: Aaron Gordon
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 04:32:40 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I think they view Aaron Gordon as a sink or swim type asset. The kind you could live with if they don't meet expectations but would be set back years of they trade him away before he develops.

Don't view him as a realistic option but would welcome him to the team if we pulled a rabbit out of Danny's hat.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 06:07:43 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I think they are trying him at SF
I remember during the draft he distinctly said that he could play the 3 as well as the 4

I think defensively he is fine at SF but still needs to develop offensively to play the 3 full time

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 07:27:40 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I think they are trying him at SF
I remember during the draft he distinctly said that he could play the 3 as well as the 4

I think defensively he is fine at SF but still needs to develop offensively to play the 3 full time

Yeah that's what I was thinking too, I've always seen Gordon's ceiling/style as Shawn Marion not Griffin.

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 07:52:48 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I don't see a fit on the Celtics roster for Gordon at either the 3 or the 4.  I like our depth at the 3 with Crowder, Brown and sometimes Jerebko.  At the 4, it would push Horford to the 5 more often which is not ideal for him at this stage of his career.

Gordon got some good PR with the Dunk Contest (a fool's gold event, IMO) but I am not sure he can shoot.  That doesn't work well in Brad's system.

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 08:29:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is an athlete and would be instantly one of the more athletic guys on the team.   I think he would be able to beat out some of the guys you mentioned off the bench.

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/203932/stats/

This is not horrible, I doubt he is available.  47% FG and 30% three point 6.5 RPG

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 08:47:03 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I remember people getting all wet between the legs for this guy before he was drafted. Didn't understand it than and still don't. But I see he's crushing it down in Orlando.  ::)

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 11:52:13 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Gordon had an excellent sophomore year. Agree he's a PF not a SF, especially offensively. If I were Ainge I'd inquire about him, but I'm guessing the asking price would be Nets '18.

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 03:02:09 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
He's gonna be a stud. Maybe not as quickly as some would like, but he's gonna be good. He was a lot better last year, especially towards the end of the season. I think he will be a good player in this league.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about