Author Topic: DeMarre Carroll responds to Crowder's comments about Toronto  (Read 1563 times)

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/carroll-crowders-comments-come-inexperience/

Basically he says Crowder's comments come from inexperience of winning in the playoffs and how we haven't gotten as far as the raptors have
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Re: DeMarre Carroll responds to Crowder's comments about Toronto
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 06:36:27 PM »

Offline cornbread1981

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
demarre is still taking his cooking from paul george out on other teams and people, and  also he says we dont know how to win when they have two all stars and  should have been put out by the pacers if rodney stuckey didnt decide to play for the raptors  ::)

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 06:59:37 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/carroll-crowders-comments-come-inexperience/

Basically he says Crowder's comments come from inexperience of winning in the playoffs and how we haven't gotten as far as the raptors have

Funny how the Raptors were essentially in the same boat as the Celtics were up until this last season.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 07:01:48 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Carroll's right about one thing: Toronto's flying under the radar, and there's a good reason for that: they're not good enough to beat Cleveland.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 07:26:12 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
demarre is still taking his cooking from paul george out on other teams and people, and  also he says we dont know how to win when they have two all stars and  should have been put out by the pacers if rodney stuckey didnt decide to play for the raptors  ::)

And they likely wouldn't have won game 7 without 13 points and many big plays, on both ends, from Norman Powell, but beyond that, I really wish that Serena would just keep her mouth shut.  I saw one video on csnne where he was talking to Abby Chin about how he thinks that we can get to the eastern conference finals :o ::). Umm, excuse me, could we even win a playoff series, first?  And just because he doesn't 'worry' about the Raptors doesn't mean that he should make that known, and especially because it sounds like he's talking from the perspective of a star, which, I'm sad to say, he is not.  I'm sure that the Raptors are laughing at him, right now, as they should, imo.  It'd be one thing if it was Paul Pierce saying it, but Jae Crowder?  Come on, man ::).

All I'm saying is don't give teams bulletin board material.  We're a nice little regular season team, as of right now, sure, but that hasn't really carried over to the playoffs, namely because we don't have the talent to do so, although Horford definitely helps in this department, so keep your mouth shut, lol ;D.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 07:33:19 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Should be a good rivalry between Boston and Toronto this season, but I absolutely take our team over Toronto every day of the week. Our ceiling is so much higher than theirs, and they're pretty much a treadmill team at this point without the ability to beat Cleveland.

And it's funny that he talks about winning in the playoffs after the previous two years they choked their way out of the playoffs.  ;D

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 07:39:30 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I loved it as a fan, and I love Crowder, but that was objectively a dumb thing to say.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/