Author Topic: Report: C's worried about Okafor's off-court issues; not offering much in trade  (Read 9646 times)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/07/boston_celtics_trade_rumors_20_211.html

I didn't see this anywhere else in the Okafor threads, so here you go. Just another report showing our unwillingness to spend very much to get this guy. So much for Okafor being worth something like Smart or one of the Brooklyn picks, huh?

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/07/boston_celtics_trade_rumors_20_211.html

I didn't see this anywhere else in the Okafor threads, so here you go. Just another report showing our unwillingness to spend very much to get this guy. So much for Okafor being worth something like Smart or one of the Brooklyn picks, huh?

I mean this isn't surprising. We got the NBA 2k crowd looking at his stats, but not considering other factors. This guy didn't exactly do to well in his two nights in Boston.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

I mean this isn't surprising. We got the NBA 2k crowd looking at his stats, but not considering other factors. This guy didn't exactly do to well in his two nights in Boston.

Yeah, and I also see a horrible fit with Horford, too. I think before our acquisition of him Okafor might have been a real target, but I just don't see us giving anything really of value for him now.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Yeah, and I also see a horrible fit with Horford, too. I think before our acquisition of him Okafor might have been a real target, but I just don't see us giving anything really of value for him now.

Agree.

Noel, on the other hand......

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"Word out of Boston" it is then, eh? Seems legit.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

if you are going to make snarky comments about it, I would like to know what part you honestly disagree with.

Do you
 1) Think we would give up a Brooklyn pick for Okafor?
2) Give up Brown for him (which by any account, and logic, is a trade we could have made draft night)

Otherwise what part are you disagreeing with?

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

He is worth that, that is why a trade hasn't been made, Boston has just been unwilling to pay his worth to get him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Off court issues is a red herring. He has done nothing in Philly or anyplace else except in Boston. Defending teammates against a bunch of thugs.

Ainge is just trying to drive the price down. Pretty obvious.

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

ya, probably just trying to drive the price down

Get'em danny!
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Off court issues is a red herring. He has done nothing in Philly or anyplace else except in Boston. Defending teammates against a bunch of thugs.

TP for saying drive the price down right before me, ha
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Do you
2) Give up Brown for him (which by any account, and logic, is a trade we could have made draft night)

Most likely about Nets picks. Danny is treating those picks like his son or daughter. He's probably holding out for that 19th? pick he has.

Chances are the Nets will be better next year. Maybe 5-10 in lottery. The year after, probably the teens. Think ahead, Danny. They won't be #3 overall again.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Do you

Most likely about Nets picks. Danny is treating those picks like his son or daughter. He's probably holding out for that 19th? pick he has.

Chances are the Nets will be better next year. Maybe 5-10 in lottery. The year after, probably the teens. Think ahead, Danny. They won't be #3 overall again.

You realize that Vegas has set their win total the lowest in the league at 17.5 wins? It is projected, by Vegas, to be the number 1 draft slot going into the lottery. I would like to know what 9 teams you think have the potential to be better than the Nets next year also. I agree the 2018 is a lot harder to project, but their more most likely next move is to trade Lopez who turns 29 next year.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

He is worth that, that is why a trade hasn't been made, Boston has just been unwilling to pay his worth to get him.

A trade hasn't been made because he subjectively doesn't have that type of value to the C's. Okafor isn't worth a Brooklyn pick to us, unless they'd take a former Broolyn pick in Young. ;)

Let's not forget that Philly's back is against the wall, too. They literally have no leverage whatsoever, because they legitimately have to trade him before the season or else risk his trade value even more. We've already seen that he's not worth the number three pick to us as it is, why would we trade a future Brooklyn pick that looks to have an even greater chance at being a higher pick for him?

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

You call getting a gun pulled on him in a club in Philly (with no teammates with him) and going 110 mph over a bridge defending teammates against a bunch of thugs?

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Do you

You realize that Vegas has set their win total the lowest in the league at 17.5 wins? It is projected, by Vegas, to be the number 1 draft slot going into the lottery. I would like to know what 9 teams you think have the potential to be better than the Nets next year also. I agree the 2018 is a lot harder to project, but their more most likely next move is to trade Lopez who turns 29 next year.

Yeah, there's literally no justification for saying the Nets will be better next year when all indications are that they're the worst team in the league, even worse than last year with those below them significantly improving. That's as crazy as LarBrd33 calling Brooklyn a borderline playoff team last summer.