Author Topic: Further insight regarding Griffin rumors  (Read 3597 times)

Further insight regarding Griffin rumors
« on: July 22, 2016, 09:50:48 AM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
FWIW, Smitty shared some new insight about his sources: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1467278#start_here
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

Re: Further "insight" regarding Griffin "rumors"
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 09:53:16 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Fixed the title
I'm bitter.

Re: Further insight regarding Griffin rumors
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 09:57:42 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Interesting.

Still, not holding my breath. Poster even wrote it himself. Trade with a star is hard. A 3 team trade is hard. A 3 team trade with a star is VERY hard.

- LilRip

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 10:03:50 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Well, as a minimum this deal has to also include Amir to Sacramento, since the salaries don't work otherwise.

*shrug*
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 10:13:10 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I'm not sure how I would feel giving up a locked up Crowder for a possible 1 year rental in Griffin along with the injury concerns.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 10:34:43 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I 100% guarantee that if the Celtics acquire Griffin, Crowder will not be involved. 

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 10:54:04 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think he's full of nonsense. He needs better sauces.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 12:57:58 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Yes but does he have any further insight on Bat boy ?

""Re:" "Further" "insight" "regarding" "Griffin" "rumors""
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 01:05:48 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Fixed the title
"even" "better" "now."  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 01:07:03 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Yes but does he have any further insight on Bat boy ?
hey!!! watch what you say about bat boy!! that's an american legend!!  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 02:25:40 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Danny and most gms talk to each other about trades all the time. It doesn't mean anything will happen. I'm sure people who have been right about things like this could post many things about trades being discussed but what exactly does that prove? I can say I have sources too and then when nothing happens I can just go with the standard "two sides couldn't agree but it was close!" Either way I can never be wrong unless 2 gms on opposite sides say it didn't happen but they will never do that.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 02:57:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I don't even really view real gm boards unless a link is posted on here.That being said the few links I have seen with posts to this guy he has provided some nice posts and isn't really saying anything crazy. I don't get why people got so up and arms and attacked the guy so much for sharing something he heard at a summer league game, even it was something that didn't turn out to be true. Where does all the anger from people come from on this?

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 04:21:10 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
TP thanks for the read. The pieces would be interesting to see and any picks, Danny's not going to give up picks without getting an extension out of Griffin!

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 08:53:28 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I don't even really view real gm boards unless a link is posted on here.That being said the few links I have seen with posts to this guy he has provided some nice posts and isn't really saying anything crazy. I don't get why people got so up and arms and attacked the guy so much for sharing something he heard at a summer league game, even it was something that didn't turn out to be true. Where does all the anger from people come from on this?

Agreed.  I like Smitty.  Much more interesting than 99% of the other stuff both here and elsewhere.  I love Insider stuff and I know there's always uncertainty.