Author Topic: Crowder vs Brown  (Read 4634 times)

Re: Crowder vs Brown
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2016, 11:09:21 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The way Jaylen starts out might shake things up a bit.   If he truly looks like a project, we probably stand pat through the season.   But if he comes out gangbusters, I could see Ainge making a deal to clear out a starting spot for him.   AB is the most likely candidate, in my opinion.   

Should Brown exceed expectations, I could see him winning the starting 2 job alongside Crowder.  Those two seem to compliment well.   Crowded the catch and shoot guy, Brown the playmaker.  Insert Smart and all the sudden we can go small with switchable parts all over the place.

Brown is looking at the opportunity of a lifetime, with these Boston Celtics.   That said, if he doesn't impress this year, I could see us burying him a la James Young and keeping the 17' BKL pick to replace him. 

It's on him.  How good can he be?   
You are saying he is only going to level out at James young???

No, I said IF.

He's the biggest risk / reward player in the lotto.  My point is that Danny probably won't have patience for a Young-esque development curve.   He's easily replaceable by the BKL 2017 pick.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that even if Brown's rookie season is a total flop, he will not be relegated to a James Young role and not be replaced in one year by the 2017 selection.

That would be a very very poor use of a top 3 pick and show very very poor patience with a 19 year old possible phenom.

Re: Crowder vs Brown
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2016, 12:02:53 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
The answer to OP is no.

Crowder 15-16: FG% 44.3    3PT% 33.6   FT% 82.0

Brown 15-16:    FG% 43.1     3PT% 29.4  FT% 65.4

Crowder is also an accomplished NBA defender. Brown is a blank page defensively who could be anything from good to horrible at the NBA level.