Author Topic: Crowder vs Brown  (Read 4639 times)

Re: Crowder vs Brown
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 09:16:11 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The heat rising from the hot pavement is causing a Summer League mirage.  We need the cool autumn breeze of October pre-season before we can even begin to make such a speculation.

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2016, 09:20:55 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
The heat rising from the hot pavement is causing a Summer League mirage.  We need the cool autumn breeze of October pre-season before we can even begin to make such a speculation.

amen to the weather LOL. I hate the summer so far

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2016, 09:52:14 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Only if Crowder gets injured.

Seriously, Crowder is a top 10 SF in the league and I'd be very surprised if Brown is able to surpass him in year one.

Top 10 SFs:
Lebron
Kawhi
Durant
George
Hayward
Melo
Batum
Crowder
Giannis
Parsons

Honorable mention is Barnes. Did I snub anyone?
- LilRip

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 09:57:40 AM »

Offline Johnny Mic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Saw the title of this thread and  thought that this was a discussion as to who would win one-on-one between Jae and Jaylen.

I can't think of a better mentor (among active players) for Jaylen Brown then Jae Crowder - then again, maybe Paul Pierce.

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2016, 10:16:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Saw the title of this thread and  thought that this was a discussion as to who would win one-on-one between Jae and Jaylen.

I can't think of a better mentor (among active players) for Jaylen Brown then Jae Crowder - then again, maybe Paul Pierce.

Brown would win 1 on 1

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2016, 10:17:06 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
I am majorly excited about Jaylen Brown’s future, and yet I don’t think he’s going to be very effective early on. Hardly any rookies are, especially 19-year-olds. However, later in the season I think you could see his minutes increase, if he seems to be making progress. He could be an effective defender and energy guy off the bench, for instance. And yes, you could pair him with Crowder at the forward position, because both are fairly good rebounders who could defend bigger players in a pinch. If Brown shows signs of development in-season then I think Stevens won’t be shy at all going to that pairing.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2016, 12:14:56 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I don't think Brown replaces Crowder in any lineup. I more see Crowder sliding to the 4 or Brown playing the 2, depending on the matchups.

Crowder may not have the height, but in today's NBA he's more than capable of defending against the slighter 4s... the Duncans, Millsaps are still too big... but he can definitely guard the Loves, Gays, etc

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2016, 12:18:09 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Even if he provides more of a steady offensive game than Crowder.... He can't defend the 4 as well in a small ball lineup....   But if he could provide more offensive game (even just attacking the rim and creating fouls) he would be great in a small ball line up. 

Smart, Bradley, Brown, Crowder and Al would get you a defensive stop late game!   With two go to scores, two 3D and a slasher....
Diggles

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2016, 12:46:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Need to toss Young Off the team and bring in Nader .

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2016, 12:52:26 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
VERY unlikely Brown is as good as Crowder this year. I think most people on this blog don't appreciate how good Crowder is, and 20-year-old rookies are usually bad.

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2016, 02:36:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I don't think Brown replaces Crowder in any lineup. I more see Crowder sliding to the 4 or Brown playing the 2, depending on the matchups.

Crowder may not have the height, but in today's NBA he's more than capable of defending against the slighter 4s... the Duncans, Millsaps are still too big... but he can definitely guard the Loves, Gays, etc

Crowder cant defend, lebron, millsap, draymond green

Crowder is a 6'5 bulky sf able to defend several positions temporarily . But he is better suited to defend sfs. Not blake griffin or any other legit pfs

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2016, 02:37:41 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Hasn't even played a minute in a real NBA game and people are already asking this? Let's see if he can take Hunter's 3 minutes at least. I know he is going to get a shot like the rookies from last season before him but it doesn't mean he won't be riding the pine like they were, #3 or not I can't see CBS forcing him if he's hurting us.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2016, 02:39:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Hasn't even played a minute in a real NBA game and people are already asking this? Let's see if he can take Hunter's 3 minutes at least. I know he is going to get a shot like the rookies from last season before him but it doesn't mean he won't be riding the pine like they were, #3 or not I can't see CBS forcing him if he's hurting us.

Jaylen Brown > young and hunter combined during SL

You can clearly tell brown is a top 5 talent vs these 2nd round talents

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2016, 03:10:08 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Need to toss Young Off the team and bring in Nader .

I concur.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2016, 03:30:18 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Only if Crowder gets injured.

Seriously, Crowder is a top 10 SF in the league and I'd be very surprised if Brown is able to surpass him in year one.

Top 10 SFs:
Lebron
Kawhi
Durant
George
Hayward
Melo
Batum
Crowder
Giannis
Parsons

Honorable mention is Barnes. Did I snub anyone? Rudy Gay?  He still has some game left.  That kid in Portland seems like he stepped it up in the playoffs...   

More honorable mentions~

Ariza, Marvin Willians.....   
Diggles