Author Topic: Crowder: the pain on his ankle went away two weeks ago  (Read 2552 times)

Crowder: the pain on his ankle went away two weeks ago
« on: July 21, 2016, 11:17:27 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Re: Crowder: the pain on his ankle went away two weeks ago
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:38:48 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Tough as nails

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 12:57:44 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
From day 1, he's being the embodiment of what it is to be Celtic.  You don't trade a guy like that.  He's got a KG in him.  He came in and was against the whole idea of tanking...he wouldn't stay down or roll over.  You want a guy like him in your corner every time.  I really hope he has a very long career in green.  My favorite Celtic without a doubt, not because he's the best player on the team but his spirit is very pertinent to the team. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 01:16:37 AM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 01:20:30 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Yeah, those high sprains can last for a long time. He was just so terrible during the playoffs that you knew his ankle was pretty bad.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 01:22:25 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Yeah, those high sprains can last for a long time. He was just so terrible during the playoffs that you knew his ankle was pretty bad.

It was painful to watch him. I think a lot of people have forgotten how awesome he was prior to the injury. Jae's a beast.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 01:22:37 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
how tough is marcus,his high ankle sprain was severe-it sabotaged his rookie season
-all those that said he couldn't get to hoop,well he had no lift or first step
 on top of being a rookie-he had a merry go round of players-

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 01:23:17 AM »

Offline KingofDaPlayazBall

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
From day 1, he's being the embodiment of what it is to be Celtic.  You don't trade a guy like that.  He's got a KG in him.  He came in and was against the whole idea of tanking...he wouldn't stay down or roll over.  You want a guy like him in your corner every time.  I really hope he has a very long career in green.  My favorite Celtic without a doubt, not because he's the best player on the team but his spirit is very pertinent to the team.

I second that, Crowder thoroughly Embodies the celtics spirit, check out this quote from him

"Is it frustrating at all that there may be role players the Celtics sign who will make more money than guys like you and Isaiah Thomas?

Crowder: I make $7 million per year. I’m not going to be mad at a guy making $10 million. We’re still millionaires. I got another contract coming up soon. Four [more years], I get to redo it -- three, actually [if they explore extensions]. I’m not worried. Money -- why I am mad? I make millions of dollars. That would be selfish of me. Why would I be mad about that?"

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 02:04:09 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
We all knew how bad his sprain was.. We knew he was not the same player when he came back but the Dude never used it as an excuse.. He just gave the Team everything he had and never complained..

Those are the kinds of guys you win wars with.

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 02:10:00 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I think we could've still beat Atlanta if Jae was healthy, but losing both Bradley and Olynyk in addition to Jae was just too much.

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 02:38:08 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I don't know any player who gets mins on our team who isn't tough. People call KO soft but he was out there trying to play with a shoulder that doctors told him he shouldn't play on about a month after the season ended. If a month of rest after the season didn't make it better and multiple doctors had to convince you not to play without having surgery, you sure shouldn't have been playing in the playoffs.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 07:03:39 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Smart has been playing with injuries since he came to the Celtics .  The spoilers of him playing without thinking about looking after damaged body parts were teases of what he can be .

We had no chance of suscess with AB, Crowder and KO barely playing at seasons end. 

Amir played with foot issues at least 1/2 the season.......i had the same and it took 7 months clear up completely .

I'm curious how AB injury is healing .

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 08:11:36 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

I love Crowder too, but he needs to take it easy and stay healthy. Having the heart of a lion doesn't help much if you can't play when the team needs you most (the playoffs.)

Between him and Bradley we had two no-shows in the playoffs this year. Add in IT's ineffectiveness and 3/5 of our starters were toast in the playoffs. Makes all the regular season stuff seem wasteful.

Here's to hoping that all three of them can be effective (and healthy) next year in the playoffs.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 08:38:58 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I love Crowder too, but he needs to take it easy and stay healthy. Having the heart of a lion doesn't help much if you can't play when the team needs you most (the playoffs.)

Between him and Bradley we had two no-shows in the playoffs this year. Add in IT's ineffectiveness and 3/5 of our starters were toast in the playoffs. Makes all the regular season stuff seem wasteful.

Here's to hoping that all three of them can be effective (and healthy) next year in the playoffs.

IT averaged 24ppg in the playoffs, including a 42 point game.  He struggled in game 5, but he wasn't a non-factor like he was against the Cavs, and he certainly wasn't "toast"

3/5 of our starters were toast in the playoffs, though, but IT wasn't one of them.  It was AB, Jae, and Sully
I'm bitter.

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 08:55:47 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
It's breads like this that make me want to print //IT did nuffin wronk// on a T-shirt and wear it; as if it was his fault that he was our sole efficient scorer in the Atlanta series.

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 08:59:16 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I think we could've still beat Atlanta if Jae was healthy, but losing both Bradley and Olynyk in addition to Jae was just too much.
If those guys were healthy, I feel the Celtics should have beat Atlanta, and perhaps in 6 games.  Now we replace Sully with Horford (upgrade) and Turner with Brown (TBD if this is an improvement or not).  Toronto doesn't scare me.  Indiana is deeper now but are they better?  Not clear.  It really should be BOS-CLE in ECF in 2017.