Author Topic: jahlil-okafor-trade-rumors  (Read 10705 times)

Re: jahlil-okafor-trade-rumors
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2016, 02:23:04 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
It was only about 18 months ago that Okafor and Towns were battling for possible #1 pick.  We now know that the right guy went #1, but that doesn't mean Okafor hasn't shown some good skills that translate to the NBA game.  Clearly he has some issues, but at the right price I would go get him.  He would "make the Celtics better", a phrase that DA has used on many occasions.

We don't know that.   We're one year into two careers.  Let's give them time.  That said, I would have taken Towns for sure at #1!
Yes we do.  Let's agree to disagree.

yeah, we don't.  porzingas could be better than both!
so porzingas has potential but okafor doesn't ?

I think it's fair to say porzingas has stronger potential to be a dynamic player. i seriously doubt there's a single NBA GM who would take Okafor if given the option of either....
The actual comparison here was Okafor to Towns, but if you want to compare Porzingas to Towns, I take Towns right now.  However, it would not surprise me if GM's are much more split on that choice than Okafor/Towns.

My guess is that the Towns/Okafor one is 100% towns, and the towns/prozingis one is like 66-75% towns. So yea, even if one GM wanted the zinger, then technically its more split than okafor-towns.
#JKJB