Author Topic: If OKC demanded we take Enes Kanter back in a trade for Russell Westbrook...  (Read 4944 times)

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I guess if we sent back Amir and Jonas that's like 17. So then our big three is Russell, IT, and Horford.

I suppose that's a decent situation. It wouldn't kill me
That means you're committing to putting Thomas and Westbrook on the floor together for 20+ minutes a game. Ugh.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I guess if we sent back Amir and Jonas that's like 17. So then our big three is Russell, IT, and Horford.

That means you're committing to putting Thomas and Westbrook on the floor together for 20+ minutes a game. Ugh.
I suppose you could say they are both scoring guards but guys gotta share the ball. I suppose it makes the defensive situation interesting.

But to me taking Avery or Smart or Rozier off the court and putting Westbrook on is a huge upgrade.

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I'd rather keep our team and sign Larry Sanders or trade a couple 1st (for Jahil)
Diggles

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I suppose you could say they are both scoring guards but guys gotta share the ball. I suppose it makes the defensive situation interesting.

But to me taking Avery or Smart or Rozier off the court and putting Westbrook on is a huge upgrade.

IT shared the court with Turner for a good amount of time last season, I don't see why it would be any different with Westbrook.  IT is elite with the ball in his hands, but he's also good off-ball.  The defense would be a little rough, but I think the offense would be enough to offset it most of the time
I'm bitter.

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Turner was bigger and I think a better distributor than Westbrook.   
Diggles

Offline cornbread1981

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Can we just take steven adams and forget about who okc has to offer. it gives a tough guy who will do the dirty work and protects the rim. he's much more bust proof than okafor and has only turned 23 today

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

My problem is more along the lines that you have to pair a 5'9 guy with a 6'3 guy that has never played SG and isn't known for his defense. This could get rather ugly on the other end.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
A 3 way trade between Philly/OKC/Boston would work in the following manner:

Boston receives: Russell Westbrook/Enes Kanter

Philly receives: Marcus Smart/James Young

OKC receives: Jahlil Okafor/Avery Bradley/Jonas Jerebko/Amir Johnson/Terry Rozier (would likely require some of our draft assets given the premium OKC would place on Westbrook)
why not just acquire Okafor and keep Amir?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I want to see Nolynyk, Smart, Serena Williams, and Kanter, with his great p0rn stache, on the court at the same time.  Sure, they won't be able to guard worth a lick, Serena Williams aside, I guess, but the collection of hair would cut down the vision and/or passing angles to the opposition, lol ;D. Now we only need one more guy to round out the starting five.  Hmmm...;D.

Edit - ha!  Finally, a reason to keep James Young (sarcasm), lol ;D. Plus the glare from dat nose ring ;D.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Why would Kanter have negative value? He's 23, he gave you 18 and 11 in the starting lineup last season, and he's locked up for 3 seasons at about 60% of the max salary. Not his fault that OKC has Steven Adams to start ahead of him.

If Kanter ended up on the Celtics, he might find himself in the starting lineup by default.

Why would Kanter have negative value? Here's why. https://streamable.com/hwua

Worst defender in the league -  makes Okafor look like Bill Russell.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

My problem is more along the lines that you have to pair a 5'9 guy with a 6'3 guy that has never played SG and isn't known for his defense. This could get rather ugly on the other end.

There are worse problems to have... don't make the perfect the enemy of the good. Or the really really astonishingly great, in Westbrook's case.

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Why would Kanter have negative value? He's 23, he gave you 18 and 11 in the starting lineup last season, and he's locked up for 3 seasons at about 60% of the max salary. Not his fault that OKC has Steven Adams to start ahead of him.

If Kanter ended up on the Celtics, he might find himself in the starting lineup by default.

Why would Kanter have negative value? Here's why. https://streamable.com/hwua

Worst defender in the league -  makes Okafor look like Bill Russell.

Actually, Okafor was statistically the worst center in the league by DRPM and most other metrics.

Offline jbarnies

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 2
He has his limitations but he's also a better perimeter threat than Amir while averaging 13.7 rebounds per 36 minutes. Too glaring weaknesses for our team. Plus you know, getting a top 5 player is nice. Where do I sign up?