Author Topic: What WOULD you trade for Okafor?  (Read 9563 times)

Re: What WOULD you trade for Okafor?
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2016, 06:16:07 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Not Smart, Brown, Crowder or Nets Picks.

Pretty much anything else.

I think AB + Rozier + 18 Celtics 1st + 18 Griz 1st is probably an overpay, but I think it'd get it done.

AB and Rozier? It would have to be either not both... (the memphis first is also of decent value, considering their key players are all pretty old...

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2016, 06:39:11 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Not Smart, Brown, Crowder or Nets Picks.

Pretty much anything else.

I think AB + Rozier + 18 Celtics 1st + 18 Griz 1st is probably an overpay, but I think it'd get it done.

AB and Rozier? It would have to be either not both... (the memphis first is also of decent value, considering their key players are all pretty old...

If the non-moves of this past draft proved anything, it's that Ainge is in no mood to overpay for anyone.

Mike

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2016, 07:19:37 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Okafor's projected WAR over the next 5 years:

-1.9, -.5, +.7, +1.0, +1.6
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/jahlil-okafor/

Which means he will initially hurt your team for the first two years, before projecting to maybe improve your team by 1 to 2 wins over the following three years...

We definitely should be careful not to Overpay for Okafor!

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2016, 07:31:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Okafor's projected WAR over the next 5 years:

-1.9, -.5, +.7, +1.0, +1.6
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/jahlil-okafor/

Which means he will initially hurt your team for the first two years, before projecting to maybe improve your team by 1 to 2 wins over the following three years...

We definitely should be careful not to Overpay for Okafor!

a bag of balls sounds like a fair trade

« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2016, 07:52:53 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Okafor is going to be a star in this league and his stock is as low as it is going to get. Those harping on fit are complicating the issue.

This past year, Sullinger became one of the top defensive centers by certain statistical measures by knowing where to position himself, when/how to hedge, challening shots at the rim without fouling, and guarding well one on one. Okafor is more mobile, athletic, longer, and taller than Sullinger; he has the tools to become just as good or better than JS.

If Okafor's work ethic checks out. I would trade a mix of Brown or Rozier and another player or pick from the past 2 years and/or a mix of future non-BKN picks.

Philly and all of the teams that aren't in the biddng will regret it.

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2016, 08:09:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Okafor is going to be a star in this league and his stock is as low as it is going to get. Those harping on fit are complicating the issue.

This past year, Sullinger became one of the top defensive centers by certain statistical measures by knowing where to position himself, when/how to hedge, challening shots at the rim without fouling, and guarding well one on one. Okafor is more mobile, athletic, longer, and taller than Sullinger; he has the tools to become just as good or better than JS.

If Okafor's work ethic checks out. I would trade a mix of Brown or Rozier and another player or pick from the past 2 years and/or a mix of future non-BKN picks.

Philly and all of the teams that aren't in the biddng will regret it.

Brown and another player? This is so insane.

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2016, 09:44:49 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
They wouldn't deal the #3 for Okafor in the draft, so why should they deal Brown for him?

I would say Rozier and maybe Young or Hunter.

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2016, 08:23:53 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Here are a list of players that definitely won't be part of an OKafor package because whatever your personal opinions on them might be their value to the C's organisation is higher than Okafor:

IT
Crowder
Smart
Brown
(Horford, Amir, JJ)

Unless you're getting more than just Okafor they aren't getting traded. Our problem is that we don't have an asset on par with Okafor that we would be willing to part with, so we have to consolidate assets. That probably means giving up a little extra than Okafor's perceived worth.

Okafor and Grant for Rozier, KO, Young, BOS 18 and Clips 19 would be fair value. KO compliments whichever bigs they choose to run with, Rozier is going to be a good guard is this league, the two picks give Philly extra buying power in future trades.
For us, losing KO would hurt our spacing and 3pt% but we get a player who has a much higher ceiling.

The thing with Rozier is he is still emerging so right now there is more risk on the Philly side of the deal. I expect this to actually happen in the new year when the value of Okafor has dropped slightly and Rozier's value has risen.

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2016, 08:37:43 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Here are a list of players that definitely won't be part of an OKafor package because whatever your personal opinions on them might be their value to the C's organisation is higher than Okafor:

IT
Crowder
Smart
Brown
(Horford, Amir, JJ)

Unless you're getting more than just Okafor they aren't getting traded. Our problem is that we don't have an asset on par with Okafor that we would be willing to part with, so we have to consolidate assets. That probably means giving up a little extra than Okafor's perceived worth.

Okafor and Grant for Rozier, KO, Young, BOS 18 and Clips 19 would be fair value. KO compliments whichever bigs they choose to run with, Rozier is going to be a good guard is this league, the two picks give Philly extra buying power in future trades.
For us, losing KO would hurt our spacing and 3pt% but we get a player who has a much higher ceiling.

The thing with Rozier is he is still emerging so right now there is more risk on the Philly side of the deal. I expect this to actually happen in the new year when the value of Okafor has dropped slightly and Rozier's value has risen.

TP. This is the extent of what I would want to give up for okafor, and for the same reasons you noted from all angles.

Okafor also gives us an asset to flip for another star which is really valuable to this team.
#JKJB

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2016, 08:49:43 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I'd offer Bradley. I think that's a fair offer and we're not going to want to pay Bradley in 2 years anyways.

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2016, 09:48:55 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Just lowball them hard.  There's no need to give up anything of actual value for a guy that the worst team in the NBA doesn't want.  When you start doing things like that you actually BECOME the worst team in the NBA.  Young, RJ, Mickey, a Ham Sandwich, second round picks, and Yabu are all on the table.

The fact is, we don't NEED Okafor, but the 6'ers are desperate to jettison him and nobody else wants him.  We have all the leverage in this situation. 

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2016, 08:49:56 PM »

Offline BleedinGreen417

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
Just lowball them hard.  There's no need to give up anything of actual value for a guy that the worst team in the NBA doesn't want.  When you start doing things like that you actually BECOME the worst team in the NBA.  Young, RJ, Mickey, a Ham Sandwich, second round picks, and Yabu are all on the table.

The fact is, we don't NEED Okafor, but the 6'ers are desperate to jettison him and nobody else wants him.  We have all the leverage in this situation.
+1

Correct.

« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2016, 09:18:56 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
I'd offer Bradley. I think that's a fair offer and we're not going to want to pay Bradley in 2 years anyways.
I think Bradley for Okafor makes some sense, but wed need to either sign or trade for a shooter to replace AB. Smart THomas Rozier Crowder Brown is simply not enough shooting from the 1-3.

« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2016, 01:21:24 PM »

Offline jacigar

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
Okafor and Noel for Bradley and AJ

« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2016, 02:37:18 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Celtics Get: Jahlil Okafor, Jerami Grant
Sixers Get: Bradley, Young, Jackson, 2019 1st Clippers, 2017 Cleveland 2nd, 2017 Clippers 2nd

The sixers are in a really bad position. As has been rehashed on this board to no end, they need to move Okafor. I believe they really want to move forward with Simmons initiating the offense, so Bradley would be a good choice. He can guard the opposing teams best 1 like nobody else in the league, and he can move off the ball (off of simmons) and hit the open jumper or cut to the rim. Young and Jackson are just swings of the bat for this team.

Okafor would be a very good trade at this price. Grant Is kind of a throw in, but I like the kid. He hasn't really done anything in the league yet, but since I live in upstate NY, I always have a soft spot for these Syracuse kids. Trading one project in Young for another, but he seems to be a good guy.

Edit: I guess get rid of grant, as he showed tiny flashes already, and is probably worth a little more than what this package entails. Give us one of their throw ins instead like Richaun Holmes. Ideally I would want it to be wood, but they probably are too high on him.
#JKJB