Author Topic: What WOULD you trade for Okafor?  (Read 9511 times)

Re: What WOULD you trade for Okafor?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 04:41:04 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Marcus Smart or Avery Bradley straight up. (With any requested throw ins of second rounders or guys on the Hunter/Mickey/Bentil/Jackson tier)
TP
This.
I wish we drafted better at 16 and 31 so we could add them to the trade. I would much prefer Wade Baldwin than Yab and Wade would be a good throw in.

The best trade would be:
 Marcus Smart
Okafor

But Philly needs to get it done and everyone is super low on Okafor and how he translates to the current style of NBA play.

If we could trade Rozier, RJ, and etc for Okafor that would be crazy good for us and we could give Marcus more time to develop..

In the end if Okafor comes back and shows an improvement in his jumper and uses his 1 year of NBA experience to play better defense, well then the asking price would go through the roof....especially if he physically matures and becomes more conditioned.

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 04:47:25 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Rozier, Hunter/Young, MEM 1st, LAC 1st
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 04:59:45 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Rozier, Hunter/Young, MEM 1st, LAC 1st
Do you think that is enough though? No sarcasm.

I think the D-league coach that was affiliated with the sixers said Young was by far the best player he had ever seen in the D-League...back in his rookie year. Maybe that would help. It's not like he has gotten to develop in the NBA with us.

We really need one of these young guys to bust through.

Yab was a horrible pick and almost worse  was trading 31 and 35. Wade Baldwin could have been a good throw in for Okafor.
Is it just me or is Yab vertically challnged for such an athletic freak...and he sucks, could have nabbed him in the 2nd half of the 2nd.

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 05:04:36 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I wouldn't give up a core piece for him right now. He's a buy low candidate that they appear to be willing to part with so nothing too dear. So no Smart, no Bradley, Thomas, Crowder, Brown.

I'd do Rozier and KO for Okafor. Seems like fair value and consolidates talent for us. I'd maybe add a low first into the mix as well, something like the Boston 2018 pick. If I could I'd also put Young in the deal and get Jerami Grant in return, I think they'd be willing to gamble on Young's potential as a shooter and Grant is a very underrated player in y eyes, one to watch this year

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 07:20:25 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Brad Stevens and Al Horford would be the best thing that ever happened to Okafor.  I think he would flourish in the C's program.  I would trade either Bradley or Smart straight up for him, no picks involved.  I would prefer to trade Smart over Bradley...

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 08:08:23 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Rozier and a Mid 1st for him and Covington. At least that's what I said around the draft. After Rozier's SL I'm not so sure. Dude looks like he's legit turned a corner.

No Brooklyn picks and no one from the Smart/Brown/Crowder/Bradley/IT group. Knowing what you know now how much would you trade for a 20 year old Al Jefferson?

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 08:13:23 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Brad Stevens and Al Horford would be the best thing that ever happened to Okafor.   I think he would flourish in the C's program.  I would trade either Bradley or Smart straight up for him, no picks involved.  I would prefer to trade Smart over Bradley...
This is really what it comes down to, isn't it?  If the Celtics FO believes they can get this kid on the right path and achieve his potential, then you make the trade and what you have to give up is a little less important.

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 08:18:25 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Marcus Smart or Avery Bradley straight up. (With any requested throw ins of second rounders or guys on the Hunter/Mickey/Bentil/Jackson tier)
TP
This.
I wish we drafted better at 16 and 31 so we could add them to the trade. I would much prefer Wade Baldwin than Yab and Wade would be a good throw in.

The best trade would be:
 Marcus Smart
Okafor

But Philly needs to get it done and everyone is super low on Okafor and how he translates to the current style of NBA play.

If we could trade Rozier, RJ, and etc for Okafor that would be crazy good for us and we could give Marcus more time to develop..

In the end if Okafor comes back and shows an improvement in his jumper and uses his 1 year of NBA experience to play better defense, well then the asking price would go through the roof....especially if he physically matures and becomes more conditioned.

This. Marcus Smart straight up.

Great value for us, parlaying an offensively-impaired 6 into a skilled offensive 3 pick with lots of room to grow.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 08:23:30 AM »

Offline cornbread1981

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
How about we take the chief out of retirement he can protect the rim a little shoot the fadeaway and wont take a tantrum because he hes not getting enough shots or the refs arent calling it his way

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 09:08:43 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Bradley + sweeteners

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 09:12:08 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Smart in a heartbeat but think Philly would hang up.

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 09:44:53 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Non brooklyn picks and back end of the roster guys. I'm aware this isn't going to get it done, and I'm fine with that.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 10:17:11 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Non brooklyn picks and back end of the roster guys. I'm aware this isn't going to get it done, and I'm fine with that.

This is how I feel, too.  I'm not really interested in Okafor, but if it's a steal of a deal I'll take him
I'm bitter.

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 10:38:49 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

This is how I feel, too.  I'm not really interested in Okafor, but if it's a steal of a deal I'll take him
pretty much how I feel as well. 

I don't think he'd be a bad pickup at the right price but what I feel is the 'right' price is very likely less than what Philly would consider.  If we're willing to pay a high price for a top player, I'm fine with that, I just don't think Okafor is that top player worth a big trade package.

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 10:53:06 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Depends on what Philly will take for him. A key would be no Nets picks. Ainge is holding onto  them like gold. But maybe in a couple of weeks, after he sees he can't get a "star", he might change his view on at least the 18 pick--or less.

Philly is stuck right now with three 5s. Okafor isn't 100%, so they will have to wait a bit. The price has undoubtedly come down, but to where? That's really the question. Plus is Ainge really interested? I think he should be, as Okafor is cheap and has upside. He doesn't affect their cap. Plus he's better than Zeller.

I look for this situation to be resolved sometime next week--before the end of July.