Author Topic: What WOULD you trade for Okafor?  (Read 9567 times)

What WOULD you trade for Okafor?
« on: July 20, 2016, 12:10:19 AM »

Offline BoulderMike

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
While the level of interest in Okafor differs on Celtics Blog, most agree that the Celtics could use a starting Center, we don't want to give up Smart or Nets' picks, that Okafor has significant upside (and some bust potential), he could benefit from mentoring by Horford, and he is available.  Thus, the key question is .... what would you be willing to give up for Okafor?  And would Philly accept?

How about Rozier, RJ, Memphis 1st in 2019, and Clippers 1st in 2019?

Would you do that?  Would Philly agree?

I say YES to both questions ... interested in input from others.

Re: What WOULD you trade for Okafor?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 12:20:34 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
I'm sorry to be so anal, but why is the capitalization emphasis on the word "would" in the title? That is something that has always bothered me. Shouldn't the emphasis be on the word "you" in the title, since you're trying to emphasize what OTHERS would trade for Okafor?

Anyways, I'd do something like Rozier, RJ (preferably Young), and the Clips pick, though I don't think I'd add the Memphis pick in there unless I was getting something else back, too, like Covington.

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 12:24:53 AM »

Offline BoulderMike

• Payton Pritchard
Thanks!

Here is my answer to your question.

Everyone says what they WOULD NOT trade for Okafor (e.g., Smart, Nets pick, etc.) ... I was trying to get some feedback on what folks WOULD trade ... as well as thoughts on whether that would be acceptable to the Sixers.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 12:35:30 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I would trade any combination of Rozier, Young, Hunter, Nader, Jackson, Bentil and Mickey, then a couple of non-lotto 1st rounders (I don't memorize them).

So yeah, essentially thatd be Rozier, a couple of bench guys, and a couple of 1st rounders. I think that's a decent haul for Philly? If they want KO (which I doubt), I'd only include 1 first rounder in the deal.
- LilRip

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 12:52:02 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Marcus Smart or Avery Bradley straight up. (With any requested throw ins of second rounders or guys on the Hunter/Mickey/Bentil/Jackson tier)

Great words from a great man

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 01:02:11 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
While the level of interest in Okafor differs on Celtics Blog, most agree that the Celtics could use a starting Center, we don't want to give up Smart or Nets' picks, that Okafor has significant upside (and some bust potential), he could benefit from mentoring by Horford, and he is available.  Thus, the key question is .... what would you be willing to give up for Okafor?  And would Philly accept?

How about Rozier, RJ, Memphis 1st in 2019, and Clippers 1st in 2019?

Would you do that?  Would Philly agree?

I say YES to both questions ... interested in input from others.

Way too much.  I would try and trade Jackson plus a #1( Clippers or Memphis) if not MAYBE Rozier plus the pick...

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 01:16:58 AM »

Offline BoulderMike

• Payton Pritchard
Thanks!  That said, I think there is a decent chance that Philly would see this as an insufficient return on last year's number 2 pick.

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 01:19:11 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Not sure, but I'm personally intrigued on what a player like that could bring to our team, particularly with Thomas' penetration, and Horford on hand.

I'd get over if we end up overpaying (depends on how much of course).

I'm not a fan of his, but I think he's a player that's tough to handle and can give us different looks and opportunities we currently lack. Of course, defense a concern.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 01:28:17 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Mostly I'd be looking at 2nd tier young assets (Clippers pick, own picks, Mickey, Rozier, Yabusele, Zizic). Maybe Bradley with a lot of conditions- that Rozier, Smart and Brown are all filling major roles, that he's going to be expensive to resign after next year, etc.

The one asset that I see as a gamble that both teams might like is the Memphis pick. Really that could end up anywhere by the time it conveys. It could be top-5 or it could be a late 1st.

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 01:55:52 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Rozier, Young, Bentil, Boston 2018, Memphis 2019.

They get their PG they need NOW. Young might do better with more minutes there. Bentil is a throw in. The picks are likely a mid 20's first, and then their risk/reward pick could be gold if memphis sucks. But it's far away enough, and being able to keep both the BKN picks, that I personally don't care to part with it, if it brings back Okafor.

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 02:14:11 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Rozier, Young, Bentil, Boston 2018, Memphis 2019.

They get their PG they need NOW. Young might do better with more minutes there. Bentil is a throw in. The picks are likely a mid 20's first, and then their risk/reward pick could be gold if memphis sucks. But it's far away enough, and being able to keep both the BKN picks, that I personally don't care to part with it, if it brings back Okafor.

I agree with this.

Re: What WOULD you trade for Okafor
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 02:23:09 AM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111

I think  that Boston just signed their starting center.

Okafor will eventually be a good NBA player. But he's not a good fit for the Celtics.

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 02:38:00 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
Thanks!  That said, I think there is a decent chance that Philly would see this as an insufficient return on last year's number 2 pick.
#3 pick
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 02:58:21 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
The real question is: what would Philly be willing to give up if we take a net negative like Slowpokafor off their hands?
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 03:17:04 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Today (because it changes)

Rozier, Yab, Zizic, two seconds and their choice of Grizz or Clippers 1st.