Author Topic: I Have the Most Infuriating Co-worker! (Basketball Related)  (Read 4152 times)

Re: I Have the Most Infuriating Co-worker! (Basketball Related)
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 09:58:40 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Dude he's a Lakers fan. The first thing that comes into mind is a garbage can lol.

I live in LA and deal with these trash everyday. If you ever see him wear a purple-yellow jersey to work, just direct him to the trash can and tell him to throw it away!

Because LA fans like to brag about their championships, bring up the C's 17 banners.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 10:04:35 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Remind him that five of their titles happened in Minnesota and ought to be shifted to the T-Wolves that gets Lakers all the time.

Meh, idk about that.  It's still the same franchise, ultimately, right?  I don't think that people say the same thing about the Brooklyn vs. LA Dodgers and the respective accomplishments of the team in two different cities, for example.

I have a long post I have been working on regarding this subject. If you look at teams like the Hornets and the Browns (football), they got to keep the team history even though those actual franchises belong to the Pelicans and the Ravens, respectively. If Minny had simply demanded that they get the name the Lakers, then they apparently should have gotten those titles as well.

There is way too much confusion regarding franchise history when teams relocate. I am of the opinion that when a team moves or if a team changes their name, then the old franchise should be retired and a new one begins.

The Los Angeles Lakers should have 11 championships.

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 11:10:38 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Paula Abdul is the greatest laker of all time.
love this.  TP.  I couldn't agree more -- even now I'd take her over anyone else who's put on a Laker uniform

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 11:13:40 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Get him to bet you something on the Lakers having a better record than the Celtics this year.  Something substantial.  If he won't, just tell him he obviously doesn't believe what he's saying.  "Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" will wear on him after a while.
same thing I was thinking. 

either it shuts him up or you get to look forward to a sweet reward at the end of the season (or better yet, 3/4 of the way through it when the Lakers can't possibly catch the C's for a better record)

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 11:17:04 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I've got it.  Just tell this dude that Larry Nance jr is better than Julius Randle, lol ;D.

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 11:17:51 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Remind him that five of their titles happened in Minnesota and ought to be shifted to the T-Wolves that gets Lakers all the time.

Meh, idk about that.  It's still the same franchise, ultimately, right?  I don't think that people say the same thing about the Brooklyn vs. LA Dodgers and the respective accomplishments of the team in two different cities, for example.

I have a long post I have been working on regarding this subject. If you look at teams like the Hornets and the Browns (football), they got to keep the team history even though those actual franchises belong to the Pelicans and the Ravens, respectively. If Minny had simply demanded that they get the name the Lakers, then they apparently should have gotten those titles as well.

There is way too much confusion regarding franchise history when teams relocate. I am of the opinion that when a team moves or if a team changes their name, then the old franchise should be retired and a new one begins.

Interesting - TP :).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 11:24:22 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 11:35:47 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

They're gonna come up with the "The Celtics championships in the 50s and 60s don't count because there was like only 10 teams in the NBA" bs excuse therefore we have the most championships in the league.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 11:48:20 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Whatever he's says just respond with something negative about his face.

Yup