Author Topic: Expectations for Jaylen Brown  (Read 5614 times)

Re: Expectations for Jaylen Brown
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2016, 03:36:50 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
6ppg 3rpg 1.7apg .9spg .5bpg  36% fg    27% 3pt    72% ft

Based on what we saw during the summer league (I know, I know) - that high, lol ;D?  Ugh.  Please make me eat my words, Jaylen Brown.  Please, haha ;D.
I actually looked at Smart's rookie stats to come up with these numbers. I just sorta went with the part where he'd play less than Smart did and that he is younger and just projected.
Makes sense. Marcus struggled in Summer League as well and his rookie stats were pretty mediocre.

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 04:29:14 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
6ppg 3rpg 1.7apg .9spg .5bpg  36% fg    27% 3pt    72% ft

Based on what we saw during the summer league (I know, I know) - that high, lol ;D?  Ugh.  Please make me eat my words, Jaylen Brown.  Please, haha ;D.
I actually looked at Smart's rookie stats to come up with these numbers. I just sorta went with the part where he'd play less than Smart did and that he is younger and just projected.
Makes sense. Marcus struggled in Summer League as well and his rookie stats were pretty mediocre.
The thing is Jaylen COULD take a leap in his game by the start of the season. He already has an NBA body, which means he can physically play, but there is precedence for younger players taking huge strides in a 3 month period or so.

Biggest things he needs to lock down:
1)finishing at the rim, even after contact.
2)Jumpshot. His turnaround looks great but he needs to incorporate that more and knock it down.
3)3pt fg- I can't tell with his stroke but he does need to be more fluid with his body. Also he needs to work on not stepping into the 3.

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2016, 07:34:05 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Biggest things he needs to lock down:
1)finishing at the rim, even after contact.
2)Jumpshot. His turnaround looks great but he needs to incorporate that more and knock it down.
3)3pt fg- I can't tell with his stroke but he does need to be more fluid with his body. Also he needs to work on not stepping into the 3

4. Hit his FTAs

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 08:26:27 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I think we are pretty lucky to have crowder in front of him.  What a great character guy (like pierce) to learn from.  Brown will have to bring it on both ends of the court in games AND practice.  Our running team with him filling lanes will be something to see.  No Turner so sf depth is crowder, brown than JJ who will get most minutes at pf with sully gone.   I don't see how he can't average at low 8 ppg, 5 rb, 1-2 assists, 1-2 steals.

Loving the defensive team Ainge has built.  Besides IT height find a weak defender.  IT, Bradley, crowder, horford, Amir, KO, JJ, brown, smart, Rozier

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2016, 08:36:22 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
NBA All Rookie second team.

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2016, 10:59:00 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
All rookie 1st team
Rising stars

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2016, 11:34:29 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
All rookie 1st team
Rising stars

I would love it, but he will have to prove a lot more than the rookies drafted around him since he is going to a stud team, while the others will have the freedom to jack up all the shots they want.

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2016, 11:47:26 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
All rookie 1st team
Rising stars

I would love it, but he will have to prove a lot more than the rookies drafted around him since he is going to a stud team, while the others will have the freedom to jack up all the shots they want.

True but I think his D will stand out from the start and een him 20 min a game plus.
Having all this talent around him will open up the floor and he will be able to take advantage of the Defenses focus on IT, Horford, Bradley etc. he'll have room to throw down some monster dunks and print a couple of posters.
Should be enough to keep him in the convo with the other high picks.

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2016, 08:55:04 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Being on a good team usually doesn't help rookies the way it does with other awards voting but are there 5 other rookies that are going to make a bigger, immediate impact on their teams than Brown?

Simmons, obviously. Ingram is going to get every chance, but there are questions about his readiness. Dunn, Murray and Poetl will be fighting for time with vets. Bender, Chriss, and Maker aren't ready. Hield is maybe the next best bet, and that's the top ten picks.

Brown is somewhere in the middle where he's both fighting for time with Crowder and we're not sure if he's totally ready. But I'd still say he's as likely to make an All Rookie 1st team as anyone after Simmons and Hield.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2016, 09:31:23 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I don't have any but I hope for the best. Now, if he does well expect me to act a fool and think he could be great LOL. If he stinks, I'll live in denial until I can't take it anymore. :laugh: I'll give him a lot of time, as long as he's a Celts. ;D
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)