Author Topic: Do nothing  (Read 18964 times)

Re: Do nothing
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2016, 08:58:53 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I am patient but I think this team is going to win regardless before 2026.  By next year we are going to be in position to get another elite talent whether that's through the draft or not.

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2016, 09:09:17 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Doing nothing is the Wrong thing---consider that Indiana, NY, Pistons, etc are all gonna be better...Plus Toronto should be better.

Losing ET and Sully will actually hurt--even though we got Horfod and Brown.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2016, 09:15:06 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I don't think losing them hurts.  Smart, Rozier and Brown are going to be better than ET and get an opportunity.  Horford is better than Sully. 

It opens up roster space and contract money to sign someone too and make deals.

Losing Turner and Sully is a good thing more than a bad thing.

We add a couple stars in their place that's the way to go but I'd keep our core and dynamic roster in tact.  I think our roster is sitting pretty right now.

I don't ruin that for the wrong star players.

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2016, 09:18:53 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I think we go for it we should go for it,  but I want t keep our roster in tact for the most part.  IF Westbrook and Griffin can be had cheap with the possibility of keeping one I'd do it i think. But other than that no.

We also did add two potential stars in Turner and Sully's place.  Horford and Brown are that with  Smart and Rozier in the mix. That's two potential stars for good roster fodder.

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2016, 09:20:59 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Jon Snow ;D.

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2016, 09:35:48 PM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2016, 09:51:12 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Smart, Rozier and Brown are going to be better than ET and get an opportunity.
Smart was repeatedly given the opportunity to take control of the second unit and we had to revert to Turner every time because he ended up so patently awful. Rozier better be ready.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2016, 10:13:51 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Shouldn't they just deal everyone if they wait?   

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2016, 10:51:16 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Doing nothing is the Wrong thing---consider that Indiana, NY, Pistons, etc are all gonna be better...Plus Toronto should be better.

NY is going to be a dumpster fire.

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2016, 10:53:43 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
almost every team in the league covets our position. We can field a team that is 10 players deep, we are a lock for the playoffs, and we have a high probability of two lottery picks in the next two years. Teams are swarming around to steal our assets. DA is wise to be patient. Do not yield to the impatient fans who do not understand what it takes to build a team. Jaylen Brown will turn out to be the best player in this draft, Marcus Smaht has Billups written all over him.

Be patient and Celtics will rule this league for years to come. Cave to the impatient and you will lose all the advantage built by your shrewd moves.

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2016, 10:59:00 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Cant worry about those teams. You just have to make sure that when you spend your assets you do it at the right time in the right move. No need to rush into a big move.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2016, 11:02:35 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Smart was repeatedly given the opportunity to take control of the second unit and we had to revert to Turner every time because he ended up so patently awful. Rozier better be ready.

This is just categorically untrue. He was never given the opportunity to "take control of the second unit," because he probably played greater than 85% of his minutes with Turner himself. Hell, virtually every game they came in together in the first and second halves.

How exactly is that giving him that opportunity?? Brad really liked that pairing together, and though it's undeniable that Smart would have more opportunity to grow without Turner always on the floor alongside him, Brad prioritized winning and the better overall unit on the floor than necessarily working on developing Smart.

Many of you are going to be blown away with how different Smart's game will be when he's not having to play with Turner all the time.

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2016, 11:08:51 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

This is just categorically untrue. He was never given the opportunity to "take control of the second unit," because he probably played greater than 85% of his minutes with Turner himself. Hell, virtually every game they came in together in the first and second halves.

How exactly is that giving him that opportunity?? Brad really liked that pairing together, and though it's undeniable that Smart would have more opportunity to grow without Turner always on the floor alongside him, Brad prioritized winning and the better overall unit on the floor than necessarily working on developing Smart.

Many of you are going to be blown away with how different Smart's game will be when he's not having to play with Turner all the time.

I hope that's for the better, lol ;D? Besides, Stevens isn't interested in developing talent, imo, so why would he change his stance now?  Plus, he's not just going to 'give' Smart that opportunity - he has to 'earn' it, remember ;) ::) ;D?

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2016, 11:11:18 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Argh this crap about Losing ET is going to hurt us..  How he was the defacto Point guard.. how  He was the only one to make plays off the dribble for us..

The truth is He could not play without the ball in his hands to save his life... He has been that way with every team he has been with..   Did he have some good moments for us Yes.. Did he improve while he was with us yes.. but He is leaving here the same way he came, as a player who could only play with the ball..  We never even negotiated with him - we were never going to..

We will be more effective with him gone then when he was here..  Rozier, Smart, K.O and a little bump from the Rook will be more than adequate running the offense..

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2016, 11:16:50 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Isaiah, Horford, Bradley, Crowder, Smart, Brown, Amir, Rozier, KO, jerebko plus we have the 17 nets pick and their 18.  We also have a ton of cap space by not signing Turner or Sully.  We opened up space at the end of our roster.  We have guys like Bentil, jackson, zeller, young, hunter.  Plus Yab and Zizic stashed if not here sooner.  We can basically just do nothing and sign people and just draft if we don't even want to do that.

Either way with development by 2018 we are a stud team.

Ainge has basically gotten our roster to that point. Getting rid of Turner and Sully was smart.  We got Horford and then didn't even take up space.  Drafted Brown and a bunch of other guys.

The rising cap and losing Sully and Turner we still have room for 2 max players. Plus we upgraded our talent.