Author Topic: Interesting Demarcus Cousins Interview  (Read 4176 times)

Interesting Demarcus Cousins Interview
« on: July 18, 2016, 09:20:40 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/demarcus-cousins-sacramento-kings-twitter-nba-draft-lack-of-direction-team-usa/1kbw0m5uvm5ln1brw5tgt07vsf

Just found this and thought it was interesting. He's clearly (and justifiably) upset and confused about the whole draft thing. You have to think that he's gone at the deadline if they're not close in the playoff race, which they won't be.

I'll look for some more on this interview.

Re: Interesting Demarcus Cousins Interview
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 09:49:00 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/demarcus-cousins-sacramento-kings-twitter-nba-draft-lack-of-direction-team-usa/1kbw0m5uvm5ln1brw5tgt07vsf

Just found this and thought it was interesting. He's clearly (and justifiably) upset and confused about the whole draft thing. You have to think that he's gone at the deadline if they're not close in the playoff race, which they won't be.

I've got to say with all his faults, you can't doubt his loyalty. Name any major star and there is a good chance they would have forced their way out by now, I mean Kobe didn't even want to be drafted by Charlotte.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 10:09:43 PM by slightly biased bias fan »

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 09:49:12 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
At that point, BKN should be strongly in the lead for the worst record in the NBA. Maybe at that point, we won't really have to give up much more than that and Amir.

Strange things happening in Sacramento. I get that you are supposed to keep your star when you get one, but they seemed to have always chosen the wrong move when faced with a choice. It's time for that franchise to start over. Marquese Chriss would have been a nice start...yeah, they blew that one, too.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 10:03:20 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

I've got to say with all his faults, you can't doubt his loyalty. Name any major star and there is a good chance they would have forced their way out by now, I mean Kobe didn't even want to be draft by Charlotte.

Yeah, with Sacramento's dysfunction, his loyalty is reaching KG/Minny level. I can't believe he hasn't forced his way out yet. Perhaps he thinks that his reputation is already shaky as it is, and doing that would push him over the edge.

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 10:07:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
At that point, BKN should be strongly in the lead for the worst record in the NBA. Maybe at that point, we won't really have to give up much more than that and Amir.

Strange things happening in Sacramento. I get that you are supposed to keep your star when you get one, but they seemed to have always chosen the wrong move when faced with a choice. It's time for that franchise to start over. Marquese Chriss would have been a nice start...yeah, they blew that one, too.

Hell, they could give themselves a major head start by trading him right now with two years left on his contract. I really could see Danny ultimately giving up both Brown and the Brooklyn picks to get him here with two years left on his contract. Of course, like you said, they'll more than likely make the wrong decision, keep him too long, and he'll either leave them for nothing in free agency or they'll trade him at the 2018 deadline and receive a poor return for him.

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 10:08:03 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Yeah, Sac has been bad with their drafting and surrounding Cousins with legit help. WCS was Cousins pick and he had to beg for it. They need guard and wing help and they draft Bigs. The one tie he was playing happy, and in control of his emotions because he like the coach, they fire him.

I hope DA can make a run at him. He's not my favorite player because of his attitude. But he has the skill set of an MVP caliber player. Maybe Stevens with Horford/Crowder/IT holding him accountable  can get him there.

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 11:13:41 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
i dont think its loyalty keeping him in Sacramento
its the fact that he was a restricted free agent after his rookie contract was up
and obviously kings were going to resign him
he will leave as soon as he is an unrestricted free agent

Kings made the worst reach in the draft
papagiannis so high despite being projected as a 2nd rounder and having cousins and WCS
Kings are the worse managed team over the nets and philly as they have sean marks and colangelo now

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 09:09:30 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Plenty of places have demanded a trade (Carmelo) or forced their way out another way (Vince Carter). It's true that he hasn't done anything like that yet.

He's shut a crazy player but you'd have to be a lot crazier to not gamble on bringing him in if he becomes available. I'm just in love with the idea of meeting Golden State in the finals and rolling out a lineup with Cousins and Horford.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 09:31:01 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Hell, they could give themselves a major head start by trading him right now with two years left on his contract. I really could see Danny ultimately giving up both Brown and the Brooklyn picks to get him here with two years left on his contract. Of course, like you said, they'll more than likely make the wrong decision, keep him too long, and he'll either leave them for nothing in free agency or they'll trade him at the 2018 deadline and receive a poor return for him.

That's a lot.

Is Cousins really worth possibly 3 lottery picks?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 09:42:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

That's a lot.

Well, as long as it didn't cost another crucial piece, such as Smart, Crowder, Bradley, etc., I think I would, though I'd certainly be more hesitant the longer they wait and eat into his contract time. If we could do it for Amir, Brown, Young, and both Brooklyn picks, then I think you ultimately have to. He's an MVP- level player in a winning system.

PG - IT, Rozier
SG - Bradley, Smart
SF - Crowder, Hunter/Nader
PF - Horford, JJ
C - Cousins, KO

It's hard to argue that we're not the contenders in the East with this lineup.

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 10:07:02 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'm not sure how representative this contingent is of the Kings' fan base, but they're all sick and tired of his act, both on and off the court, over at Sactown Royalty.  I don't want Cousins, personally, but I just felt like those sentiments should be known on here :-\.

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 10:28:00 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

Bill Simmons, who I can't stand, said something funny like "Sacramento just saw greatness in Chriss, and they didn't want to ruin his career"
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 10:29:48 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Bill Simmons, who I can't stand, said something funny like "Sacramento just saw greatness in Chriss, and they didn't want to ruin his career"

Lol, TP ;D.

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 11:54:13 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

That's a lot.

Well, as long as it didn't cost another crucial piece, such as Smart, Crowder, Bradley, etc., I think I would, though I'd certainly be more hesitant the longer they wait and eat into his contract time. If we could do it for Amir, Brown, Young, and both Brooklyn picks, then I think you ultimately have to. He's an MVP- level player in a winning system.

PG - IT, Rozier
SG - Bradley, Smart
SF - Crowder, Hunter/Nader
PF - Horford, JJ
C - Cousins, KO

It's hard to argue that we're not the contenders in the East with this lineup.

Not sure Danny gives up Brown + both BK picks for anyone in this league.  Those 3 players could setup 15 years of 50+ win teams.   Cousins might just help us contend for a couple years.   

Tough choice, but might be best to wait for the fire sale in a year or two.   End up only giving up 1 BKL treasure instead of three.   

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2016, 12:10:22 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Well, that's what you get when you openly make it known that you wish to play more PF. The team listens, and gets some centers.