Author Topic: Your Jaylen Brown Comparison  (Read 22732 times)

Re: Your Jaylen Brown Comparison
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 09:04:04 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
He reminds me of a smaller Dominique ceiling wise.  I think we potentially got the best player in the draft long term.

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 09:07:47 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Robert Horry
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 09:13:01 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Maybe a slightly bigger version of Andre Iguodala. I don't really see the Pierce or Green comparisons, especially Green. Green rarely showed aggressiveness. Jaylen attacks consistently.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 09:48:25 PM by PAOBoston »

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 09:36:04 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
vince carter - 3's or dunks.

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 09:38:06 PM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Maybe a slightly bigger version of Andre I guadalajara. I don't really see the Pierce or Green comparisons, especially Green. Green rarely showed aggressiveness. Jaylen attacks consistently .
I was going to say Iguodala. Iggy has better court vission than Brown is likely to ever have but otherwise, I see a lot of similarities.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2016, 09:55:28 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
He reminds me of a smaller Dominique ceiling wise.  I think we potentially got the best player in the draft long term.

But Nique could shoot, though, even in college.  I'd also say that he was a much better athlete than Brown, but that's just me :-\.

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2016, 10:15:33 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 A Jordan/Kobe Hybrid, With Bill Russell defense, and according to the workouts Bird like shooting ability, I won't go any further than that though.

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2016, 10:16:55 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Clyde Drexler is the guy Brown most reminds me of.

Both are roughly the same size - 6'7", 215 pounds or so with similar body frames. Both were smooth to the basket and explosive around it. Neither was a good shooter early in college (Drexler shot 58% on his free throws his first year, Brown was 65%). Of course there are some differences. Drexler was a considerably better rebounder and played closer to the basket (hence a better shooting percentage from the field) while Brown is more effective at drawing fouls but otherwise both players just seem to be the same kind of North-South, leap-at-the-basket offensive players. Both guys could cut from side to side but at their best they play a North-South basketball, taking it right down the middle. Of course Drexler is the better dunker and a better leaper but Brown is no slouch in either category. If Brown played for 3 years with The Dream to play interior defense I think his highlight reel would look quite similar. Both have quick hands and both were a bit raw coming out of college. For instance, Drexler scored only 7 ppg his rookie year in the pros and shot about 45% from 2 point land and I would not be surprised if Brown posted similar statistics this year.

Of course, Drexler turned into a 10 time All Star. I'm predicting Brown will make at least one All Star game as well but only time will tell if he approaches Drexler's career. Drexler worked on his shooting and added some moves to compliment his explosive nature. It was his hard work that lifted his pro game into being a Hall of Famer. It's up to Brown to do the same.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 10:22:38 PM by Granath »
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2016, 10:19:04 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
A Jordan/Kobe Hybrid, With Bill Russell defense, and according to the workouts Bird like shooting ability, I won't go any further than that though.

Underselling him a bit there  ;D
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2016, 10:25:40 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
jeff green or tyreke evens
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2016, 10:31:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Clyde Drexler is the guy Brown most reminds me of.

Both are roughly the same size - 6'7", 215 pounds or so with similar body frames. Both were smooth to the basket and explosive around it. Neither was a good shooter early in college (Drexler shot 58% on his free throws his first year, Brown was 65%). Of course there are some differences. Drexler was a considerably better rebounder and played closer to the basket (hence a better shooting percentage from the field) while Brown is more effective at drawing fouls but otherwise both players just seem to be the same kind of North-South, leap-at-the-basket offensive players. Both guys could cut from side to side but at their best they play a North-South basketball, taking it right down the middle. Of course Drexler is the better dunker and a better leaper but Brown is no slouch in either category. If Brown played for 3 years with The Dream to play interior defense I think his highlight reel would look quite similar. Both have quick hands and both were a bit raw coming out of college. For instance, Drexler scored only 7 ppg his rookie year in the pros and shot about 45% from 2 point land and I would not be surprised if Brown posted similar statistics this year.

Of course, Drexler turned into a 10 time All Star. I'm predicting Brown will make at least one All Star game as well but only time will tell if he approaches Drexler's career. Drexler worked on his shooting and added some moves to compliment his explosive nature. It was his hard work that lifted his pro game into being a Hall of Famer. It's up to Brown to do the same.

He does not glide like Clyde.

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2016, 10:36:27 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Dominique Wilkins/Russel Westbrook.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2016, 10:54:57 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Somewhere between Stacie Augmon and Scottie Pippen will be just fine. 

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2016, 10:58:58 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I just went and watched some Maggette highlights.

Yeah. That's what I'm going with. Corey Maggette.

I used to really like Maggette so I'm OK with that.

Played fourteen seasons and averaged 16 points a game over that span. Topped out as a wing averaging 10 FTA per game.

Only made the playoffs once though, and he was mostly a bench guy for that run.

TP for the realistic comparison. I think of Maggette as a little bigger (mostly because Jaylen looks a little smaller than 6'7" to me), but I generally agree and this would not be the end of the world. The Clips of that era were just a mess. With better coaching and a better foundation in place, a Corey Maggette (spaghetti!) level player could have been even better.

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2016, 11:02:57 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Definitely Tracy McGrady