Author Topic: Your Jaylen Brown Comparison  (Read 22607 times)

Re: Your Jaylen Brown Comparison
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2017, 05:31:37 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
If he uses the post more...bernard king

He is truly a unique talent...id say start giving him the green light to shoot 15 to 20 shots a game and see his confidence soar.

« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2017, 05:34:29 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
His SPIN MOVE reminds me of Wiggins. I feel comfortable saying that because of the speed and control he posses along with graceful movement.
Wow. Almost a year I wrote this. He used a great spin move on TT in ECFGM2 and really glided in for a nice lay in.

Smart did not have the time and luxury before entering the NBA that Butler had playing 3 seasons at Marquette. Jaylen is shorter than both Derozan and Butler but his wingspan and standing reach are massively more impressive than their average length.

Jaylen will have 6 months of off-season to improve his: physique, bbiq, and skill-set; all while having his first year of experience in the NBA to help guide him on what to work on in the off-season. Plus the tape of the entire playoffs should be very helpful as a guideline.

IMO he is progressing steadily enough that there is a legit chance that he comes back here next year and immediately make a case that he should be the starting SG of our future. Yes we have a lot of players at the 1/2/3 and Brown can switch over to the 3 if we need him to due to his tremendous length. IMO he is best suited at the SG and will impose his will ( both defensively and offensively) against other SG's.
We will need to keep an eye out for a SF that will pair nicely with a Fultz-Jaylen Brown back-court. Someone at minimum 6'6'' without shoes and preferably 6'8'' -6'9'' with shoes.

« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2017, 05:50:35 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
If he uses the post more...bernard king

He is truly a unique talent...id say start giving him the green light to shoot 15 to 20 shots a game and see his confidence soar.
I think in time ( next season) he will have an arsenal of counter moves from posting other guards within the arc. He should be able to see what the defender and defense are giving him and then quickly deploy moves and counter moves to exploit them. It's refreshing to see a young guy seal off his defender after calling for the ball....potential for a really nice mid-range game with him and possible better 3 point shooter.

« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2017, 06:16:34 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
His SPIN MOVE reminds me of Wiggins. I feel comfortable saying that because of the speed and control he posses along with graceful movement.
Wow. Almost a year I wrote this. He used a great spin move on TT in ECFGM2 and really glided in for a nice lay in.

Smart did not have the time and luxury before entering the NBA that Butler had playing 3 seasons at Marquette. Jaylen is shorter than both Derozan and Butler but his wingspan and standing reach are massively more impressive than their average length.

Jaylen will have 6 months of off-season to improve his: physique, bbiq, and skill-set; all while having his first year of experience in the NBA to help guide him on what to work on in the off-season. Plus the tape of the entire playoffs should be very helpful as a guideline.

IMO he is progressing steadily enough that there is a legit chance that he comes back here next year and immediately make a case that he should be the starting SG of our future. Yes we have a lot of players at the 1/2/3 and Brown can switch over to the 3 if we need him to due to his tremendous length. IMO he is best suited at the SG and will impose his will ( both defensively and offensively) against other SG's.
We will need to keep an eye out for a SF that will pair nicely with a Fultz-Jaylen Brown back-court. Someone at minimum 6'6'' without shoes and preferably 6'8'' -6'9'' with shoes.
I think Jaylen can grow an inch or two.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2017, 08:06:02 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I compared him to Leonard based on their college game. I still believe that's a far comparison.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2017, 08:14:03 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Because of his inexperience, Jaylen can still be a bit tentative at times, but when gets comfortable, he plays with aggression and attitude. I am hoping to see more of that translate to his game next year. His high level of intelligence should only help him because of his attitude.

These ECFs are an absolute joke (especially now with IT out), but I am going to watch every minute as to not miss an opportunity to watch Jaylen [exponentially] grow. Jaylen is not laughing and chillin' with his teammates on the bench; he is playing his behind off.

« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2017, 08:19:46 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Hmm maybe somekind of Glenn Big Dog Robinson type of player idk, but I am very pleased with the way he's been handlin' and playin' in his rookie year.

« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2017, 08:22:42 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
of the current players, probably Jimmy Butler

Which I'm esp since Brown looks to be a better 3-pt shooter than Butler and a better teammate as well.

« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2017, 09:48:15 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Shawn Marion
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:58:50 PM by PickNRoll »

« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2017, 09:49:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

I think Jaylen can grow an inch or two.

I think Fultz might still be growing...

« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2017, 09:50:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Dwayne Wade with a better 3 point %  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller