Author Topic: Lucky 17's Points League 2016/17 Offseason trade log and announcements  (Read 13105 times)

Re: Lucky 17's Points League 2016/17 Offseason trade log and announcements
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2016, 11:04:17 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Just to explain a very minor change.

For trades involving me....I've been asking guys to confirm it publicly with the league for the sake of transparency. Since there's not really any other GM to confirm it with when you trade with me, it just seemed like a good idea to confirm it with the league. It's not a rule per se. You don't have to do it. I think I am going to discontinue it. I think it's more work/confusing than it's worth. Confirming with the league is implied.

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2016, 11:23:48 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Pittsburgh trades Malik Beasley, Damian James, Cristiano Felicio, 2017 Pitts #1, 2017 Pitts #2,

Gainesville trades Pau Gasol, Monta Ellis

I think I would probably vote to veto. I doubt 6 other GMs would vote to veto this, but wow

I'm ok with it. Pau is almost done and Ellis has fallen off a cliff.
Well it totally survived the 24 hour review period and the very informal voice vote is 4-1...so...as Belichick would say...we're moving on to cutdown date....now updated in the spreadsheet

If allowed, I would like to keep James Young considering I will be at 14 with waiving Cole, but if not I understand.
For various reasons I think this would be a potentially very bad idea going forward. I think (casual) GMs have a reasonable expectation that when a guy is cut he's cut and they can make plans on that and come back a few days later and work with that.

Also keeping track of this league is tough enough. If I have to keep track of 20 GMs cutting and uncutting......that could be a nightmare.

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2016, 11:37:56 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Pittsburgh trades Malik Beasley, Damian James, Cristiano Felicio, 2017 Pitts #1, 2017 Pitts #2,

I think I would probably vote to veto. I doubt 6 other GMs would vote to veto this, but wow

Well it totally survived the 24 hour review period and the very informal voice vote is 4-1...so...as Belichick would say...we're moving on to cutdown date....now updated in the spreadsheet

If allowed, I would like to keep James Young considering I will be at 14 with waiving Cole, but if not I understand.
For various reasons I think this would be a potentially very bad idea going forward. I think (casual) GMs have a reasonable expectation that when a guy is cut he's cut and they can make plans on that and come back a few days later and work with that.

Also keeping track of this league is tough enough. If I have to keep track of 20 GMs cutting and uncutting......that could be a nightmare.

Fair enough

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2016, 12:17:21 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Whats the purple line mean?  We can't keep anyone after that line?   
Diggles

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2016, 12:37:29 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537

Fair enough

Mk

P.S. I'm bored.

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2016, 12:45:54 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The purple line...assuming I did it right....is just a visual indicator to me that there are 16 roster spots above that line so if you have guys on it or below it you need to cut guys

Maybe I should have just made the whole thing an underline...off to the right I think it says something like "17" or "16 spots" or idk

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2016, 12:57:41 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
never mind

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2016, 01:20:50 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
=========================================

Now that ^^ is a purple line!
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2016, 08:05:18 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The Walker Wiggle sends Nerlens Noel and Julius Randle

Denis998 sends Danilo Gallinari and Bradley Beal

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2016, 08:51:50 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Thoughts?

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2016, 09:06:50 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
Thoughts?

IMO, It's a good deal for both sides. You won't realize ur full return until Noel is playing somewhere other than PHI.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2016, 09:52:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Fair enough
If it makes you feel any better...you have 15 players...because you have Dario Saric right? Looks interesting. Nevertheless

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2016, 10:42:26 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I have more draft picks than you. Let me know if you want to do anything.