Author Topic: Lucky 17's Points League 2016/17 Offseason trade log and announcements  (Read 13107 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1spHa96xNsAfynx2ncu_Rrj3FFe8OvbaaPGvGipjotrk/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1384861181

Tyrion send Toine's Boys

24th pick and 35th picks in 2016 draft

Toine's sends Tyrion

TB's 2017 2nd rounder

According to article 21 of league constitution "21. In-season trades shall have a 1 day approval period, to allow league GMs to review and exercise"

Technically it never occurred to me exaaacctttllly what that meant. I mean now that I've opened trading is this off season or in season?

I think at some point soon I may try to push for a slightly tighter more clear definition. I feel like until we open the yahoo page the off season thing should maybe be 3 days but that's just me. 

Also I feel we should address the draft thing. I think it should be an exception because I wouldn't want people showing up a day later undoing an entire night of trades.

But that's for later on. Other thread. Just letting ya know what's in my head.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 08:56:37 PM by eja117 »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Well, for several years now, draft day trades are processed almost instantly. It is the uniqueness of the situation, and allows for much more trading on draft day. It also gets people to attend the draft.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Well, for several years now, draft day trades are processed almost instantly. It is the uniqueness of the situation, and allows for much more trading on draft day. It also gets people to attend the draft.
That's my point!

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

Yeah and most draft day trades center on moving up or down in the draft (i.e #24 for a player or next year's #1 or something... not #24 for Isaiah Thomas...)

The relatively small # of problematic trades happen outside the draft -- usually in this league involving either (a) a now-gone GM and/or (b) a brand new GM.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Looks like a fair deal to me, well done fellas
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Looks like a fair deal to me, well done fellas

Thanks Rondo. I have a follow up deal coming up once this one clears. Toine's Boys are always active in the offseason, for better or worse!

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
That's my point!

Excellent!

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Toine's Boys send: Toine's Boys 2017 1st, Wilson Chandler, 2016 picks 24 and 35.

Webskins send:2016 #5 pick and Jeff Green

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I thought we couldn't trade 2017 picks until the 2016 draft (or after the draft?)

• Rajon Rondo
I thought we couldn't trade 2017 picks until the 2016 draft (or after the draft?)

That's true in the H2H league... here the practice was changed 1-2 years ago to whenever the commish reopened trading.

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

That's true in the H2H league... here the practice was changed 1-2 years ago to whenever the commish reopened trading.

Ahh, got it.  Could I trade my 2020 pick, for example? Is there a limit?

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I assume this is all in the league constitution. I have added a link to it in the rosters good doc. It's also in the commissioners note in the yahoo league

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

The limit is you can trade picks only up to 1 year in advance.

I know I'm taking a big gamble trading a sure fire top 3 pick in a projected deeper draft for the #5 pick in this draft, but there are two players I'm sure all be there at #5 and I am willing to gamble on one of them. Jeff Green for Chandler is a toss up in my opinion. Chandler could recover and have a great year, but Green could also be used well in Orlando and put up comparable stats.

• Rajon Rondo

IIRC -- and the const. is the guide -- it's still only 1 year in advance.

So Eja's opening the league to trading means 2017 picks are now in play along with the 2016 ones.

• Rajon Rondo

I know I'm taking a big gamble trading a sure fire top 3 pick in a projected deeper draft for the #5 pick in this draft, but there are two players I'm sure all be there at #5 and I am willing to gamble on one of them. Jeff Green for Chandler is a toss up in my opinion. Chandler could recover and have a great year, but Green could also be used well in Orlando and put up comparable stats.

It's a bold move... i like it.