Author Topic: I posted this 3 team trade on another site, who says no and why?Clips send Blake  (Read 1446 times)

Offline InameallmyanimalsLarry

• NCE
  • Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Clips send Blake to OKC for Westbrook.

Celtics trade Amir and Bradley to Clips for Chris Paul.

Why all 3 teams do this:

It sends both Blake and Westbrook home, it saves the Clips 6 mil this year and with Amir in the last year of his last contract can shave another 12 mil next year and with the rising cap they get to play in free agency next year (they are currently 19 mil over the cap). The new back court for the Clips is Westbrook and Bradley (we know Doc Loves his former players) and Amir plays the 4 in Blake's place.

OKC gets a home grown star with 2 years left on his contract.

Boston gets a 3rd star player and keeps all their other assets.

The salaries all work on the trade machine.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 04:59:38 PM by InameallmyanimalsLarry »
optimism is a skill

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Actually I could kinda maybe see that maybe. It would take some guts for OKC and the Clips

It seems like the biggest leap of faith for the Clips

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Bottom line is Paul for Bradley is a rip off, they could do much better than that in another deal for Paul.

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Bottom line is Paul for Bradley is a rip off, they could do much better than that in another deal for Paul.

In addition to your valid point above, I really don't see this benefiting any of the teams once the prerequisite picks are thrown in to get Paul.

OKC replaces Westbrook with Blake. Maybe they get to keep Blake for an additional year but I doubt he'd be happy moving from LA to OKC and in a situation where that team might even struggle to make the playoffs. They wouldn't have a PG in that offense and it would be tough to acquire one at this point.

LAC loses both of their named stars and that isn't good for business. Given Westbrook's expiring contract and the loss of both Griffin and Paul I'm not sure they'd have the horses to keep him. A backcourt of Westbrook and Bradley is outstanding but that sidelines Reddick and they'd be a hurting team in the front court.

Boston would have to give up 1st round picks to get this done but Paul and IT don't seem like they could play together at the same time. So the Cs don't really acquire their "third star" when one of those guys has to sit on the bench while the other is playing.

I see this trade as a lose-lose-lose scenario for everyone.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Right. Many teams would beat that offer.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
LAC hangs up the phone in my opinion.  Bottom line is trading CP3 & Blake for Westbrook Bradley and Johnson is a huge ripoff.  Celtics make out like bandits.