Author Topic: Disappointed in the lack of a Anthony Davis to C's rumor  (Read 7406 times)

Re: Disappointed in the lack of a Anthony Davis to C's rumor
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 11:59:07 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Here you go:

One name that hasn't been discussed much is Anthony Davis. Sources in the front office, however, have indicated that he's very much in play and the Celtics are the closest to a deal if their pending agreement for Blake Griffin falls through. The price for Davis is high: Both Brooklyn draft picks as well as the Memphis pick will likely be combined with at least two of the Celtics starters, with Jae Crowder and Isaiah Thomas the likely candidates. Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown and 2017 draft pick Guerschon Yabusele will likely be included in the trade, as will Pelicans players Omer Asik and/or Tyreke Evans."

According to one source, "Davis has become frustrated with the Pelicans. He signed an extension as a show of good faith and feel that their efforts to build a winner simply haven't been there. He has approached management privately and asked for a trade. Management is considering whether to cash out now or struggle to keep Davis happy before he becomes a free agent again at age 27."

Negotiations between the teams have been ongoing and two executives believe that it is a done deal if Griffin remains in Los Angeles. "They're there," said one. "Right now, it's more a matter of sorting out salaries. The Pelicans realize that they are giving up the best player in the deal but are preparing to rebuild around a solid core of players and draft picks."

Dated today, 11:34 am

Mike
That was quick lol tp
That is a massive asking price both Brooklyn picks, the Memphis pick, Crowder, Thomas, Smart, Brown, and Yabusele.

AD is by far the best player available, but you do that trade and there isn't much of a team left even with Evans and Asik coming back.
I highly doubt there's any speck of truth to this but that is a LOT to give up for AD.  Great players cost a lot but gutting your team to add that player, as well as the means to add to your team in terms of draft picks, needs to be carefully considered before jumping into it.

In the end, this would result in
Evans, AB, JJ, Davis, Horford as the likely starters and a bench of JJ, Asik, Amir, Rozier, Zeller (maybe), and who else?  going from a crowded backcourt to having squat.

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2016, 12:03:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Here you go:

One name that hasn't been discussed much is Anthony Davis. Sources in the front office, however, have indicated that he's very much in play and the Celtics are the closest to a deal if their pending agreement for Blake Griffin falls through. The price for Davis is high: Both Brooklyn draft picks as well as the Memphis pick will likely be combined with at least two of the Celtics starters, with Jae Crowder and Isaiah Thomas the likely candidates. Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown and 2017 draft pick Guerschon Yabusele will likely be included in the trade, as will Pelicans players Omer Asik and/or Tyreke Evans."

According to one source, "Davis has become frustrated with the Pelicans. He signed an extension as a show of good faith and feel that their efforts to build a winner simply haven't been there. He has approached management privately and asked for a trade. Management is considering whether to cash out now or struggle to keep Davis happy before he becomes a free agent again at age 27."

Negotiations between the teams have been ongoing and two executives believe that it is a done deal if Griffin remains in Los Angeles. "They're there," said one. "Right now, it's more a matter of sorting out salaries. The Pelicans realize that they are giving up the best player in the deal but are preparing to rebuild around a solid core of players and draft picks."

Mike
That was quick lol tp
That is a massive asking price both Brooklyn picks, the Memphis pick, Crowder, Thomas, Smart, Brown, and Yabusele.

AD is by far the best player available, but you do that trade and there isn't much of a team left even with Evans and Asik coming back.
I highly doubt there's any speck of truth to this but that is a LOT to give up for AD.  Great players cost a lot but gutting your team to add that player, as well as the means to add to your team in terms of draft picks, needs to be carefully considered before jumping into it.

Evans, AB, JJ, Davis, Horford as the likely starters and a bench of JJ, Asik, Amir, Rozier, Zeller (maybe), and who else?  going from a crowded backcourt to having squat.
Y'all realize that Mike drafted this right here, right now, right?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 12:03:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
You guys know mef just wrote that rumor himself, right? 

EDIT: What koz said. 

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 12:03:32 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Here you go:

Mike
That was quick lol tp

Please check your satire sensors...

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2016, 12:03:58 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Where is the link? Lol  ;)

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2016, 12:05:30 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2016, 12:09:44 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Remember when ML Carr said he would give up a first round pick just to talk to Jordan..

I think that would have been worth sacrificing Eric Montross for.

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2016, 12:14:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Remember when ML Carr said he would give up a first round pick just to talk to Jordan..

I think that would have been worth sacrificing Eric Montross for.
I'd give up Eric Montross for 1 game of Michael Jordan.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 12:15:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm sure Ainge tried.

It was probably like "Hey it's Danny from the Celtics. We're interested in offering you a trade for Anthony Davis. We can offe/CLICK...hello? Hello?"

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 12:29:40 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I'm sure Ainge tried.

It was probably like "Hey it's Danny from the Celtics. We're interested in offering you a trade for Anthony Davis. We can offe/CLICK...hello? Hello?"
I'm pretty sure the click would have come before the word "Davis" was uttered..

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2016, 12:31:30 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 12:40:53 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Here you go:

Mike

I don't think they'd want Thomas and Crowder, they wouldn't fit in a gut and rebuild.

I'd do Amir(contract) JJ,AB,Young,Rozier,Bentlel,Nets '17,'18,meph 1st and Clips1st for Davis and Evans.

If Davis has asked to be traded, which I don't blame him, they haven't put a good team around him, DA has more leverage and assets to use than anyone else. IF NO wants Brown, I'd swap it for the nets 2017 pick. IF you send Thomas,Crowder,Brown, and Smart as a core of the trade, you just killed your team. And it would take a year to replace those guys.

With Amir and JJ they get cap space next year, Young is a rough, and I mean rough prospect, but they have time to let him develop. Rozier has shown some things in SL, AB is the young stud under good contract to keep them afloat for a couple years. Bentel will get more time there and who knows about him. They tank this year, and get two potential top 5 picks next year and an other the following, possibly two more if things go right. In three years they'd be on the up after tearing it all down. That would be a good turn around with out us giving up our best players.

IT/Smart
Evans/Brown
Crowder/Brown,Budinger
Horford/Yabu/Mickey
Davis/KO/Zeller

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2016, 12:50:11 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Here you go:

Mike
That was quick lol tp

so?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2016, 12:53:35 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Here you go:

Mike
That was quick lol tp

You guys know mef just wrote that rumor himself, right? 

EDIT: What koz said.

Sigh...Once, just once, I want my moment of fame and you had to go and ruin it. Look, I'm not a car salesman and I couldn't pass the test to be a switchboard operator. Heck, I've been playing Pokemon Go for two whole days and haven't found a rare Pokemon.

This is why I can never have nice things...

Mike

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2016, 12:55:02 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Here you go:

Mike
That was quick lol tp

I did.  I was just pointing out how much he was willing to give up.  Crazy amount.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip