Author Topic: Abdel Nader  (Read 10422 times)

Re: Abdel Nader
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2016, 07:55:28 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Second coming of Alaa Abdelnaby

Abdelnaby was a 6'10" big.  Nader is 6'6" other than both of them being from Egypt there are no similarities.
There is one major similarity- they both have Abdel in their names... It took me several seconds of pondering yesterday to get it.   I didn't realize Nader was from Egypt.  Must be a common name/part of a name.

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2016, 02:48:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Nice write up in today's Herald (Mark Murphy) in which he had this to say about Nader:

But of this year’s second-rounders, rookie forward Abdel Nader has truly given management something to think about as a Maine possibility. Over seven games he has shot 33 percent from 3-point range and averaged 9.1 points.

During Wednesday night’s loss to Cleveland, the 6-foot-7 small forward from Iowa State pulled up for a pair of smooth 3-pointers from the top of the circle. Celtics assistant coach Jamie Young believes that Nader has legitimate NBA 3-point range.

“I think his range is real. He’s shown this whole time that he can hit that,” said Young, who has coached the summer league team in Las Vegas. “He’s absolutely good enough to take the next step. He’s quick, athletic, and he can guard a few positions. He’s got a lot going for him.”

The league’s trend toward smaller lineups and forwards who can space the floor bodes well for Nader. He’s a new age kind of player. If he can guard multiple positions then he’ll be in business.

“Yeah. I think I can do that, and the league is headed in that direction if it’s not already there,” said Nader. “It’s definitely a confidence builder for myself. . . . I can shoot the ball at a high clip and I can defend multiple perimeter spots. I want to be a two-way player.”

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2016, 03:27:58 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Nice write up in today's Herald (Mark Murphy) in which he had this to say about Nader:

“I think his range is real. He’s shown this whole time that he can hit that,”

His range and skills are real.  Given our lack of wings, he has a shot at the roster.  I still think you give Young a chance over him given the age difference.

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2016, 03:51:37 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Nader will be stashed this year.  Won't be on the big squad.

Young really worries me.  Has shown zero progression.  If we can trade him for a future pick or another failed prospect who needs a "change of scenery", I probably make that trade.

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2016, 04:28:40 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Young will either get cut or a throw in in a trade. His ship has sailed. He has had enough time to demonstrate he is improving and is not. Seems like a nice kid and that is part of his problem.

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2016, 04:33:45 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Young really worries me.  Has shown zero progression.  If we can trade him for a future pick or another failed prospect who needs a "change of scenery", I probably make that trade.
this isnt really accurate. as has been noted by a number of posters, his defense has improved and the game is slowing down for him. he also seems more confident and aggressive going to the basket.

is he good yet? heck no. but let's criticize him for he is really doing and not some blanket statement that isnt accurate.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2016, 10:53:36 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
If Nader signs a deal in China, do we retain his rights (I'm not sure about 2nd round picks...)
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2016, 11:17:05 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
he can play

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2016, 11:30:47 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

this isnt really accurate. as has been noted by a number of posters, his defense has improved and the game is slowing down for him. he also seems more confident and aggressive going to the basket.

is he good yet? heck no. but let's criticize him for he is really doing and not some blanket statement that isnt accurate.

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2016, 11:47:34 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
If Nader signs a deal in China, do we retain his rights (I'm not sure about 2nd round picks...)

Yes, we retain his rights.  Look at Marcus Thornton or Colton Iverson for recent examples.

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2016, 12:41:11 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Last I heard Nader had agreed to get a contract in the D-League on draft night. I'm unsure though if that still remains true, particularly after his "success" in Summer League.

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2016, 12:47:35 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Last I heard Nader had agreed to get a contract in the D-League on draft night. I'm unsure though if that still remains true, particularly after his "success" in Summer League.

I came across this a few days ago.  https://twitter.com/CodyTaylorNBA/status/753259851241754624

It goes against what we heard on draft night, that he would be stashed in the d-league.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about