Author Topic: What Would OKC want for Westbrook?  (Read 2080 times)

What Would OKC want for Westbrook?
« on: July 13, 2016, 05:11:24 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 7
Hey guys I'm curious to hear what you guys think in terms of what OKC would want for a trade for Westbrook.  Obviously we would give one/both of our nets pick but would they want established ready to win now players (ie. IT JC AB) or younger and higher ceiling players (ie MS JB)?  The two picks would be able to be used in either circumstance (ie. traded for a star the same way we hope to use them) or actually use them to draft and build up.  A lot of my confusion stems from the fact that OKC has a very good & also young roster already in place.

Re: What Would OKC want for Westbrook?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 05:13:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Hey guys I'm curious to hear what you guys think in terms of what OKC would want for a trade for Westbrook.  Obviously we would give one/both of our nets pick but would they want established ready to win now players (ie. IT JC AB) or younger and higher ceiling players (ie MS JB)?  The two picks would be able to be used in either circumstance (ie. traded for a star the same way we hope to use them) or actually use them to draft and build up.  A lot of my confusion stems from the fact that OKC has a very good & also young roster already in place.
I'm curious why you felt compelled to start a new thread about fictional deals reported by fictional sauces. The Westbrook thread is one slot over.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 05:16:02 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
I'm curious why you felt compelled to start a new thread about fictional deals reported by fictional sauces. The Westbrook thread is one slot over.

Because I'm asking for thought process & not trade ideas.  But thanks for your contribution its greatly appreciated!  Obviously we have what it takes to make the trade & we can come up with 100 hypothetical trades.  I started this thread to talk about what the thunder would want from us & whether or not they want to rebuild or keep competing.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 05:18:08 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Because I'm asking for thought process & not trade ideas.  But thanks for your contribution its greatly appreciated!
Well, one thing you're right about is that most of the trade chatter here is completely devoid of any sort of though process, so there's that.  ::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 05:19:19 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
I added to my previous post.

" Obviously we have what it takes to make the trade & we can come up with 100 hypothetical trades.  I started this thread to talk about what the thunder would want from us & whether or not they want to rebuild or keep competing."

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 05:20:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Kings Ransom ...if they could get it .....he is leaving .....so might as well cash in while the get n is good.

Longer Okac they wait .....the opportunity to cash in goes down as he is closer to walking away to the team of his choice.

Or you can Pony up and capture him for a while.

I think the opportunity to get Westbrooke is positively more alure than the Lakers can bare.   The Fans want a winner NOW .....Westbooke is instant media hype and wins .......this pleases the Lakers nation.

I think LA will offer up a pair of nice rookies .......Ingram or Randle and Clarkson and maybe a first .

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 05:29:21 PM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
Kings Ransom ...if they could get it .....he is leaving .....so might as well cash in while the get n is good.

Longer Okac they wait .....the opportunity to cash in goes down as he is closer to walking away to the team of his choice.

Or you can Pony up and capture him for a while.

I think the opportunity to get Westbrooke is positively more alure than the Lakers can bare.   The Fans want a winner NOW .....Westbooke is instant media hype and wins .......this pleases the Lakers nation.

I think LA will offer up a pair of nice rookies .......Ingram or Randle and Clarkson and maybe a first .

well that would be interesting XD
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 05:31:33 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Brown, BKN '17 swap, BKN '18, Smart.....for starters.  Add on a heaping of filler in the form of other players/draft picks.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 11:35:58 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Brown, BKN '17 swap, BKN '18, Smart.....for starters.  Add on a heaping of filler in the form of other players/draft picks.

I don't know that they're getting all four of those assets. Some, definitely, but likely not all - it's not what Westbrook is worth in a vacuum, it's what it takes to be high bidder. I'm thinking two, maybe three of those four plus some filler.

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 11:47:03 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
They need a BKN pick and some decent guys since they won't have anymore stars on their team. Harden is gone. Ibaka is gone. Durant is gone. RW0 is gone. Oladipo ain't gonna cut it for them. Adams and Kanter are still progressing.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 11:51:39 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Gotta think that 2017 Brooklyn pick and I don't see Ainge moving that for a dude on an expiring deal

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 10:50:31 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
IT and Crowder.
Or
IT and a Nets pick.

Basically get an All star back + a sweeter for their top 10 player that is not going to resign.

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 11:37:31 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I like Westbrook, but I bet he wants the Lakers, who also have young players to trade.

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 01:45:43 PM »

Offline bmac934

• Derrick White
IT and Crowder.
Or
IT and a Nets pick.

Basically get an All star back + a sweeter for their top 10 player that is not going to resign.

I was thinking IT bradley & a nets pick.  IMO that still leaves BOS with a 2 seed in the east lineup.  As you said before with IT they get back an all star which is the direction I think they want to go in.  Not only that but OKC already has a VERY good & YOUNG lineup already in place.  A lineup that last year (with two stars) was the second best team in the west.  This way OKC has the ability to flip the nets pick with Oladipo for a star with a lineup of IT AB (insert) Adams and Kanter in place.

Then next year we can sign hayward & have a lineup of Smart, Westbrook, Hayward, Crowder, Horford.  Which imo is a pretty lethal offense/defense lineup.

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2016, 03:22:34 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
IT and Crowder.
Or
IT and a Nets pick.

I was thinking IT bradley & a nets pick.  IMO that still leaves BOS with a 2 seed in the east lineup.  As you said before with IT they get back an all star which is the direction I think they want to go in.  Not only that but OKC already has a VERY good & YOUNG lineup already in place.  A lineup that last year (with two stars) was the second best team in the west.  This way OKC has the ability to flip the nets pick with Oladipo for a star with a lineup of IT AB (insert) Adams and Kanter in place.

Then next year we can sign hayward & have a lineup of Smart, Westbrook, Hayward, Crowder, Horford.  Which imo is a pretty lethal offense/defense lineup.
No way C's agree to that much though. Even the IT and Nets pick or IT + Crowder deals that I mentioned the C's would not do them. It's only what I believe OKC "wants". To ask for IT an All star and AB an all NBA defender as well as a Nets pick when Westbrook is not going to resign with them is madness. Despite what I believe OKC wants they have very little leverage. If I was them I'd take IT, Clippers 1st and Grizz 1st if the C's offer it.