Author Topic: Brady has Deflate Gate appeal denied  (Read 2656 times)

Re: Brady has Deflate Gate appeal denied
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 10:16:06 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Jimmy G, time to don the eye black my boy.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 10:18:44 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'm not even a pats fan. It because I don't like them but just that I'm such a Celtic geek I reserve no heart space for any other team. But I can say without any emotional involvement , what a joke. What a shameful , ridiculous, joke. All the domestic violence and steroid abuse . The steroid / hgh abuse they obviously don't care about. Ben Affleck needs to be on at halftime on national TVs grilling these tv personalities. Call out Elway, Montana, all these egomaniacs who wouldn't back Brady so they could protect their stupid legacies. I'm shocked at these babies.

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 10:44:25 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1618
  • What a Pub Should Be
Can't say I'm terribly surprised given that the law experts I were reading had pegged the appeal has an extreme longshot.  Sounds like the Supreme Court is one too.

It's a shame because the whole thing has been a witchhunt against Brady & the Pats and just a total crock.  Then it got turned into a labor thing. 

I wouldn't want to be the Browns in Week 5, that's for sure.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 10:55:48 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Roger Goodell and his version of the NFL will never look good again. Ever. This was a witch hunt from the beginning, pure and simple, and it doesn't improve Goodell's image in the slightest. He's still incompetent and still soft on real crime.

Here's to hoping Jimmy G can go at least 2-2.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 10:56:55 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Huh.   Didn't know people still watched football. 

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 11:08:48 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Huh.   Didn't know people still watched football.
It's about the only one of the 4 major sports that's still worth watching.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 11:13:26 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Not that he will succeed, but can't Brady still appeal to the US Supreme Court?  Will he?

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 11:22:32 AM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
He can appeal to the Supreme Court.
If an appeal can delay his suspension then might as well go for it. If not, probably time to take the penalty.

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 11:26:38 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I'm not a football fan so my comments are probably not worth much but I wish Brady at this point would say screw it. ( even though he's in the right) Drop these appeals but call it a bunch of bullsh$t. Say the word. Take the fine god it. Then say it again. Lol.  Call it for what it is and get ready for the season. This court stuff is more boring than a baseball game for me. Egads.

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 11:31:37 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
If an appeal can delay his suspension then might as well go for it. If not, probably time to take the penalty.

Would you want to risk delaying the suspension to later in the season, or possibly the playoffs? May as well just let it go, call it all BS as the other poster said, and focus on winning this coming season starting in week 5.

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 12:02:24 PM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33

Would you want to risk delaying the suspension to later in the season, or possibly the playoffs? May as well just let it go, call it all BS as the other poster said, and focus on winning this coming season starting in week 5.

No I would not. If there is any possibility that the suspension is enforced at any point, other than the first four games, Brady has to let it go.