Author Topic: Won't buy tickets to see Cousins  (Read 9300 times)

Re: Won't buy tickets to see Cousins
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2016, 11:12:36 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Really? You want this guy on the team? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jl9od0SR3to

Then don't say you "bleed green," and all that - when you're prepared to ruin the good name of the organization by having someone like this on the team.

So the next video that plays after this is "Patrick Beverly fights Lebron James"
maybe if you dig a little deeper Beverly is an instigator..

Also dont forget the Celtics drafted a guy who flat out punched a fan... He's fitting in just fine now

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2016, 11:15:37 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I personally can deal with Stevens leaving. Coaches don't build titles but that's a separate argument. Obviously , you don't want to bring a guy you know will cause trouble. I think it's good to point out that not to long ago many more people were against Cousins and are now for him. The way I've seen it is, he's a crybaby, immature , but really wants to win. He hasn't forced s trade like many others do though. I'll give him that. He's stuck around wY too long. The hiring of George Karl was, no exaggeration, the most baffling hire I've ever seen. Karl is a guy known for throwing his players under the bus and talking bad about his players in the media. He's been a jerk as a coach, plain and simple.
   I didn't read this whole yhread( my apologies) . I don't expect someone was saying cousins was a potential rapist. That would be silly.
  People can have different opinions and if you call someone dumb for it you make yourself look bad.
I'm personally always been all in for Boogie but I respect people have different opinions and I'm sure some of us have had reactionary comments like, " I'm not buying tickets if they do this and that!" Then go and buy season tickets. Lol. There's a lot of emotion being a die hard.

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2016, 11:27:01 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Overreaction.

Is it overreaction if I like to watch this video of Demarcus Cousins tearing up the Hornets for a 56/12, almost every time I see a rumor of Cousins, and pray something of an center of this caliber; can actually play on the Celtics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKMY-eHanvM

Have no vendetta against Cousins, but after watching that video you posted (thank you), I kept saying to myself:

"Gee, he plays pretty much just like Okafor does.  Why don't we just trade for Oak.  Would have to give up very little to get him. We could keep probably both our Brooklyn picks, and maybe Jaylen Brown (whom I think will be really good in a couple of years).

I know that we would get more production from Cousins short term than from Okafor.  But long term?  I doubt the difference between them will be that much. And just because we signed Horford, does not mean we must try to win it all now or bust.  That is just dumb. We signed him as a free agent.  He will help us get other free agents, because he will make us better short term. Not good enough to win the East, but I am fine with that for now.  If Danny remains patient, in 3-5 years, we can be awesome.

Starting to come around on Okafor, if the price is right.  Maybe give up Avery and non-Brooklyn 1st rounder.  I love Avery, but of all our players, he will become a FA sooner, and will get really good $$.

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2016, 11:35:04 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Really? You want this guy on the team? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jl9od0SR3to

Then don't say you "bleed green," and all that - when you're prepared to ruin the good name of the organization by having someone like this on the team.

So the next video that plays after this is "Patrick Beverly fights Lebron James"

Also dont forget the Celtics drafted a guy who flat out punched a fan... He's fitting in just fine now

These are good points - but I think there are some important differences. First, Smart was a draft pick (I also don't like him really, but that's obfuscating). Cousins will be a purchase. I don't think you can ignore the purchase price once he is on the team. To get him, we will have to part with some great assets. We can't just waive him, or not play him, if he acts in a way detrimental to the team.

And I think if you look at Championship level NBA teams, they've almost always had great chemistry. Spurs, Cavs this year, GSW, 07 "Ubuntu" Celtics, '04 Pistons. Chemistry really matters.

I think Draymond Green is a great example - for those mentioning him. In this year's finals, GSW's downward slide really began with his suspension. In the end, his antics took a place in the history books from his team.

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2016, 11:37:53 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
Valid point on Green. Dude is an all star and pulled some cowardly stuff MULTIPLE times. He really did blow s world championship for his team. It's a good point.

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2016, 11:38:53 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2716

These are good points - but I think there are some important differences. First, Smart was a draft pick (I also don't like him really, but that's obfuscating). Cousins will be a purchase. I don't think you can ignore the purchase price once he is on the team. To get him, we will have to part with some great assets. We can't just waive him, or not play him, if he acts in a way detrimental to the team.

And I think if you look at Championship level NBA teams, they've almost always had great chemistry. Spurs, Cavs this year, GSW, 07 "Ubuntu" Celtics, '04 Pistons. Chemistry really matters.

I think Draymond Green is a great example - for those mentioning him. In this year's finals, GSW's downward slide really began with his suspension. In the end, his antics took a place in the history books from his team.

Now that is a much better response that I can agree with in part, TP.

Green's suspension in the finals is a good example. Not about chemistry though, Green's teammates all love him and play well with him on the floor. It's a great example about maturity though, and how lack of maturity can cost you big time. Cousins does have this weakness, and it will cost him and the team at some point. The question is , does his talent and will to win outweigh that weakness? I guess your point on how high the price is to obtain him is the answer. I think that's why Ainge hasn't pulled the trigger yet. The price needs to be right for us.

Still , guys with that desire do drive teams to win championships. Where would the Warriors be without Green? We saw how bad they were when he was suspended. Bird and Jordan and Kobe had similar drive and got themselves in trouble every now and then, although Jordan was much more coddled by the refs in his era.

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2016, 11:50:41 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
Another valid point. While I support suspensions for groin shots( I just think it's sooo cowardly, 2nd only to throwing a baseball at a guy that hit a homer off you) guys got away with way more years ago. Bird would be ejected in the 1st qtr for trash talking now.  Heck, Rodman had a whole set of rules different than every other NBA player being allowed to clutch and grab and cheat for rebounds.
   But back to Cousins. I don't think anyone can claim it's not a risk. It's s big one, no doubt. The potential payoff though would get me to give up both Brooklyn picks, smart and one of crowder and Bradley . If yhey want Amir, jerebko, young, rozier, they can take their pick there too. I wouldn't offer nearly as much for Blake, as great a player that he is. 

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2016, 12:06:12 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
It will be a little easier for me to get tickets to the Playoff games.  That's nice.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford