Author Topic: Won't buy tickets to see Cousins  (Read 9264 times)

Re: Won't buy tickets to see Cousins
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2016, 04:52:13 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Really? You want this guy on the team? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jl9od0SR3to

Then don't say you "bleed green," and all that - when you're prepared to ruin the good name of the organization by having someone like this on the team.

Really? That is all you have?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:17:12 AM by Ogaju »

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2016, 05:08:01 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
If we ever get a serious chance to add Cousins, we would be dumb not to take it.  What the finals show us every year is that elite talent is needed to win championships. 

I don't think Cousins would be a cancer here.  He would be loved by the fans, and would have a solid front office / head coach to help him direct his energy in the right direction and mature a bit.  Plus DA would actually put a great team around him to give him a chance to contend.  He would be 1000% happier in Boston than in Sac.  People underestimate how poorly the Kings are run top to bottom.  Just a train wreck over and over and over.

So glad that we have your thoughts to rely on here! No need to look at the actual evidence that he got a hall of fame coach fired and another well regarded coach (Westphal) fired.

Don't complain the next time an athlete rapes a woman, asking, "how could this happen!" It happens because fans are prepared to mollycoddle this guy who is an objectively bad person simply because of his talent.

Oh my god.  Are you trolling us?  You seriously threw that down in a discussion about DeMarcus Cousins?

Your comment reflects far more negatively on you than it does on Cousins.

This guy is definitely trolling. Good thing he is getting schooled in this thread.. I should go round and award some TPs to those that pointed out hi double standard regarding the so-called punch on Beverly. As to his 'rape' comment, this says a lot more about him than about Cousins.

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2016, 05:40:40 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
LOT-OF-ACTION
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2016, 07:33:51 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I d be first in line to see him play.

I loved watching Rondo.

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2016, 07:44:57 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I love Cousins skill set, his demeanor on the court, not so much. It tends to hurt his team.

That being said, he's never really played with some one that has held him accountable. He had the stretch were he really like his coach and was playing well and had a good attitude, but half way threw the year, they fired him, and Cousins went down hill again.

So it makes me hopeful that him coming to Boston, under Stevens who players seem to really like and having IT, Horford, and Crowder to keep him in check. He could could really thrive in this environment.

You get that man focused and driven....Thats a scarry player, and one I'd want on the team.

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2016, 07:45:45 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I hate his game, and I hate his attitude. I'm buying some games next year to see Horford. If we sign Cousins, I won't. He disgusts me.

If am truly honest, there are a few players that I feel this way about too.   Cousins is not one of them.   I disliked Sully, but I still watched the games.   I would be sick to my stomach about LeBron if he came here.

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2016, 10:23:10 AM »

Offline justice

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9
I hate his game, and I hate his attitude. I'm buying some games next year to see Horford. If we sign Cousins, I won't. He disgusts me.

Excellent. Will make it easier for me to buy tickets for a winning team.

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2016, 10:31:07 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
We all have players we hate but there's been a lot of unfair treatment going his way. Almost not making all star team is a joke. He's a top 10 player easy. Without thinking about it he's gotta be in top 7 right? My all time hated player is Bruce Bowen. It would have killed me to see him come back to the Celtics. Whining about losing, being a crybaby isn't as bad as scaring shooters by sliding your foot under there's fearing a broken ankle. That's some cowardly junk. But I'd still buy tickets. Too die hard. It's the name on the front.

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2016, 10:55:08 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
If we ever get a serious chance to add Cousins, we would be dumb not to take it.  What the finals show us every year is that elite talent is needed to win championships. 

I don't think Cousins would be a cancer here.  He would be loved by the fans, and would have a solid front office / head coach to help him direct his energy in the right direction and mature a bit.  Plus DA would actually put a great team around him to give him a chance to contend.  He would be 1000% happier in Boston than in Sac.  People underestimate how poorly the Kings are run top to bottom.  Just a train wreck over and over and over.

So glad that we have your thoughts to rely on here! No need to look at the actual evidence that he got a hall of fame coach fired and another well regarded coach (Westphal) fired.

Don't complain the next time an athlete rapes a woman, asking, "how could this happen!" It happens because fans are prepared to mollycoddle this guy who is an objectively bad person simply because of his talent.

Oh my god.  Are you trolling us?  You seriously threw that down in a discussion about DeMarcus Cousins?

This guy is definitely trolling. Good thing he is getting schooled in this thread.. I should go round and award some TPs to those that pointed out hi double standard regarding the so-called punch on Beverly. As to his 'rape' comment, this says a lot more about him than about Cousins.

Getting schooled? Not by half. No one has addressed my anti-Cousins arguments. It's just a crew of sycophants agreeing with each other.

The rape comment points to a well understood phenomenon in our society where athletes are held to a different standard than ordinary people, because of their extraordinary talent. Cousins out right punched Pat Beverly.

The apologist argument that "he hasn't had the right coach," misses the point. If your star player's performance hinges on having a "special" coach (he has had at least three coaches fired) then your are beholden to your star player.

Let's do a thought experiment. Pretend the Cs sign Cousins for 118/4 and he clashes with Stevens. Who goes? Stevens does. And now our team is beholden to Cousins the same way the Kings are. We aren't going to give up a lot of assets and then dump HIM if he clashes with Stevens.

But once you go down that road - you're down it. Suddenly, this kid is in control of your team. That's fine if it's someone intelligent, like Lebron or Durant. But Cousins has literally cost himself endorsement dollars with his behavior. He's not that smart. Or - at least he's not as smart as your best player ought to be.

Don't tell me I'm "getting schooled," when all I've seen are a bunch of cheerleaders advancing no meaningful arguments.

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2016, 10:58:12 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton

Getting schooled? Not by half. No one has addressed my anti-Cousins arguments. It's just a crew of sycophants agreeing with each other.

The rape comment points to a well understood phenomenon in our society where athletes are held to a different standard than ordinary people, because of their extraordinary talent. Cousins out right punched Pat Beverly.

The apologist argument that "he hasn't had the right coach," misses the point. If your star player's performance hinges on having a "special" coach (he has had at least three coaches fired) then your are beholden to your star player.

Let's do a thought experiment. Pretend the Cs sign Cousins for 118/4 and he clashes with Stevens. Who goes? Stevens does. And now our team is beholden to Cousins the same way the Kings are. We aren't going to give up a lot of assets and then dump HIM if he clashes with Stevens.

But once you go down that road - you're down it. Suddenly, this kid is in control of your team. That's fine if it's someone intelligent, like Lebron or Durant. But Cousins has literally cost himself endorsement dollars with his behavior. He's not that smart. Or - at least he's not as smart as your best player ought to be.

Don't tell me I'm "getting schooled," when all I've seen are a bunch of cheerleaders advancing no meaningful arguments.

The mutual butt kissing that goes on here is out of control. How dare someone provoke discussion!? How dare someone take a position contrary to the majority!? Surely some of you are made as sick as I am by the echo chamber of agreement. A dissenting voice ought to be praised for dissent alone. Where is argument or discussion without disagreement?

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2016, 11:02:47 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

You clearly don't know a thing about the current Celtics organization or about Demarcus Cousins if you think there is any possibility of Stevens being sent out if he clashes with Cousins, or if you think Cousins is a delinquent person who is probable to rape someone. You are making broad generalizations based on incidents from other athletes and other organizations that do not at all apply to this situation. Brush up on your facts regarding Cousins and on Stevens and Ainge ad Wyc before you attempt to continue your argument.

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2016, 11:07:38 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Thanks for sharing. You feel better now?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2016, 11:07:41 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Good freaking grief. This is overboard and irresponsible to say something like this. The kid doesn't have a criminal record, and he's never been in trouble before in his life. But he's "an objectively bad person" because he's been a little immature at times and got technical fouls and thrown out of games? Grow up. We're not talking about Michael Vick or Ray Rice here.

Exactly. Brush up on your facts before making broad generalizations about how bad a person Cousins is. He is not. He has no history of criminal actions or anything of the sort. He's just a highly skilled, highly competitive kid who wants to win and gets frustrated with the conditions the Kings organization surrounds him with on the court. I personally love a guy like that. Bird, MJ, Kobe, they were all highly competitive and abusive to players around them when they got frustrated. For a modern day example, see Green, Draymond.

« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2016, 11:07:51 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton

You clearly don't know a thing about the current Celtics organization or about Demarcus Cousins if you think there is any possibility of Stevens being sent out if he clashes with Cousins, or if you think Cousins is a delinquent person who is probable to rape someone. You are making broad generalizations based on incidents from other athletes and other organizations that do not at all apply to this situation. Brush up on your facts regarding Cousins and on Stevens and Ainge ad Wyc before you attempt to continue your argument.

Your reading comprehension is appalling.

Point out to me where I said cousins was "probable to rape somebody." If you cannot understand concepts like metaphors and analogies, then I think you should stop participating in this conversation.

As for your "argument" that you know more about the Celtics organization than I do: that's not an argument at all. That's spurious grandstanding. Whether you agree or disagree that Cousins is a cancer - you must agree that he has had three coaches fired, and that he has been involved in knuckle-headed incidents both on and off the court.

Your "argument" amounts to: "well that can't happen here." Really? Why not?

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2016, 11:09:46 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Your reading comprehension is appalling.

Point out to me where I said cousins was "probable to rape somebody." If you cannot understand concepts like metaphors and analogies, then I think you should stop participating in this conversation.

As for your "argument" that you know more about the Celtics organization than I do: that's not an argument at all. That's spurious grandstanding. Whether you agree or disagree that Cousins is a cancer - you must agree that he has had three coaches fired, and that he has been involved in knuckle-headed incidents both on and off the court.

Your "argument" amounts to: "well that can't happen here." That's no argument at all.

More broad generalizations and personal attacks. Zero substance and zero evidence to support any of your claims. Nice. Great way to convince us  ::)