Author Topic: Won't buy tickets to see Cousins  (Read 9251 times)

Re: Won't buy tickets to see Cousins
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 09:29:00 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Overreaction.

Is it overreaction if I like to watch this video of Demarcus Cousins tearing up the Hornets for a 56/12, almost every time I see a rumor of Cousins, and pray something of an center of this caliber; can actually play on the Celtics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKMY-eHanvM

That was meant for the OP not you; I've long been on the Boogie train!

But, holy hell, I didn't know he had a 56/12 game! I like him even more now!

Hah, I know.

Just wanted to poke a little fun at OP.  :P
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2016, 09:30:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd buy twice as many.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2016, 09:32:17 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Overreaction.

Is it overreaction if I like to watch this video of Demarcus Cousins tearing up the Hornets for a 56/12, almost every time I see a rumor of Cousins, and pray something of an center of this caliber; can actually play on the Celtics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKMY-eHanvM

That was meant for the OP not you; I've long been on the Boogie train!

But, holy hell, I didn't know he had a 56/12 game! I like him even more now!

I think he had more post points in that one game than Boston had all season. :P
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2016, 09:35:59 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
It's the name on the front of the jersey that counts, not the back...   

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2016, 10:04:26 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Can you buy me a ticket then?  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2016, 11:25:39 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I don't want to root for a player who has killed as many coaches as he has. Watch what happens if he comes here. We'll lose our coach, our souls, and then a whole lot of games. How many relationships does he have to destroy to satisfy you people that he is a CANCER (to his team and to the league).

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2016, 11:30:31 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
Maybe the Kings are a cancer.

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2016, 11:36:22 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
Is Cousins' moodiness and sulky attitude a result of the Sacramento situation or is the guy just uncoachable?  What sucks is the Celtics would have to pretty much mortgage their future to find out.

He quit on his team the last two games he played in Boston.  If you bring him in, he becomes the face of the franchise.

He could wind up as one of the better players in the history of the franchise - or the most hated Celtic since Sidney Wicks.  I'd say its about 50/50 either way.

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 11:37:58 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I'd buy twice as many.

Same here. Cousins is an elite talent. I'd easily pay to watch him and cheer for him. Don't dump on him as a person without first looking more carefully at the rest of the nba players either. There are very few saintly players in the league.

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2016, 11:40:31 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
What sticks with me is Mike Gorman, who knows the NBA as well as anyone and has an ear to what's going in in the league said there's no way he'd bring in Cousins.

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 11:40:57 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
So the team can't build a contender, and its superstar player who has remained loyal by the way, is malcontent and frustrated? Coach killer? Who's their best coach? Regardless the Kings are just a horrible franchise in general, and need to fix the front office.

Even if Mike Gorman said things about Cousins, he is still at the end of the day, Mike Gorman. A coach like Stevens, and the right mindset to help Cousins buy in, and you got a walking 20/10 player with the spacing ability to fit right in.

Over some lottery picks? Jackson? Tatum? I mean sure. They could be high rising players with a ceiling, but give me a player who can drop 56/12 in one night, and 22/14 the next night.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 11:48:24 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
What sticks with me is Mike Gorman, who knows the NBA as well as anyone and has an ear to what's going in in the league said there's no way he'd bring in Cousins.

I love Gorman, but he was also against trading for KG back in the day.

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2016, 12:27:57 AM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Gorman doesn't wanna see any of his buddies get traded from the team.  Him and Tommy probably took Sullinger out for happy meals whenever he won the Tommy award.

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2016, 12:54:50 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I don't want to root for a player who has killed as many coaches as he has. Watch what happens if he comes here. We'll lose our coach, our souls, and then a whole lot of games. How many relationships does he have to destroy to satisfy you people that he is a CANCER (to his team and to the league).

In the 10 year period spanning from 2005 to 2015, the Sacramento Kings have had 9 lottery picks.

Out of those 9 lottery picks, how many of those players have established careers as major impact players?

Two - Isaiah Thomas, and Demarcus Cousins.

What does this tell you about the Sacramento Kings and there ability to develop talent?  They suck at it. 

You have to go back to the Webber / Peja days to find an point in time where the Kings were actually a winning franchise.  Since then they have been a losing lottery team, with useless ownership and management, and a horrible team culture. 

People try to blame Cousins for the poor culture there, but that existed become he even arrived in the NBA.  The culture was crap back in 2009 when Tyreke and Jason Thompson were their top two prospects.

Does anybody remember what people thought of Isaiah Thomas when he was in Sacramento?  Nobody here wanted him - everybody labelled him a selfish chucker who couldn't win games.  Then he came to Boston and within a season he's leading us to the playoffs and playing in the All-Star game.

There is a dramatic change in culture going from the Kings to the Celtics.  Nobody can pretend to know how Cousins would be here - he may still be an out of control tool, or he may absorb the culture and turn things around completely, as Zach Randolph did in Memphis.  Until he's here nobody knows, and he's an impressive enough talent that he's worth taking that gamble on.  If there is any one team in the NBA that could turn him around, it would be the Celtics - with Brad's coaching, Danny's dedication to winning, and the constant exposure to all of those banners.

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2016, 12:59:39 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Gorman doesn't wanna see any of his buddies get traded from the team.  Him and Tommy probably took Sullinger out for happy meals whenever he won the Tommy award.

I think there is some truth to that. 

There was an interview with Gorman at one stage where he said he wouldn't trade Bradley for Jimmy Butler. 

He said he couldn't see himself trading Bradley, Crowder or Thomas unless it was for Lebron James or Kevin Durant.

He openly admitted he is biased about that because he spends so much time around the players and has a personal relationship with them, which it makes it hard for him to look at them objectively as "commodities".