Author Topic: Is CJ McCullom Available  (Read 540 times)

Is CJ McCullom Available
« on: July 12, 2016, 12:04:37 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Ainge wants shooting. Portland just invested close to 150 million in Evan Turner and Allen Crabbe as guards. They already have Lillard.

Maybe they don't consider McCullom part of their future, especially with his RFA approaching next year and the money they have invested in other guards.

40% 3 point shooter. Good shot creator. Decent passer. 6'3'' with a 6'6'' wingspan. Not a great defender, but better advanced defensive stats than Lillard.

He seems like a good fit for our team as a shooter. What would you trade for him?

Bradley straight up? That would hurt me to trade, but it seems like a good fit for both teams.

Memphis and LAC future firsts, plus Hunter/Young? I doubt the Blazers want to do that.

Re: Is CJ McCullom Available
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 12:07:49 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
He and Lillard are the backcourt of the future for them. They bought in Evan to play facilitator so those two guys can run off screens and do what they do best - sort of a Curry/Klay/Iguodala lite.

I think Crabbe will eventually be traded. Neil Olshey likely didn't want to lose him for nothing and some team will overpay assets for him at some point.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Re: Is CJ McCullom Available
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 12:09:14 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
they love McCullom and he is still playing his rookie deal. They are also trying to build a pretty good team over there so if anything they are buyers...

Overall the market for trades will be thin right now until the trade deadline comes and teams that are gearing now for a run falter... think Chi, Hou, Dal,