Author Topic: Report: Okafor's camp "very upset" that 76ers "tried like hell" to trade him  (Read 8816 times)

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Jahlil Okafor ‏@JahlilOkafor
With all that being said. I love where I am, and I am excited about this upcoming season. Big season for us! #Philly

Using that magic word.... Sources! Lol stop it.

Which one is it? Source please confirm. Seems like writers are getting lazy, dropping a fraudulent story and try to make it credible by

One second I'm reportedly upset to be in Philly, then the next I'm upset about trade rumors and having to leave Philly.

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Damage control.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
With all that being said. I love where I am, and I am excited about this upcoming season. Big season for us! #Philly

Using that magic word.... Sources! Lol stop it.

Which one is it? Source please confirm. Seems like writers are getting lazy, dropping a fraudulent story and try to make it credible by

One second I'm reportedly upset to be in Philly, then the next I'm upset about trade rumors and having to leave Philly.

He loves the situation he's in where he's the third-string center behind guy who hasn't played in two years due to injuries? #damagecontrol

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Damage control.

HAHA! TP. I literally wrote the same thing about the same time as you.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Poor Okafor. Poor poor Okafor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

Wait, I know that this isn't where you were going with this (right?), but if Okafor is Timberlake, is Philly Britney and Boston Jessica Biel, because try as we might -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd0w4jw0jJQ

Lol, that video is hilarious ;D.
Noooo. Wait....Timberlake is..me. Okafor is Brittney. J Biel is...Boston?

Wait, why do you get to be the Alpha Dog, lol? ;D
Because I'm the one telling him to cry me a river!

Lol, you know I'm just making a joke, here, right?
Well....if I don't....I can cry you a river.

;D

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

My camp is extremely upset about Okafors behavior on Thanksgiving night in Boston and His defense.
Nice, this post is cracking me up ;D

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Honestly I'd think they'd be upset he hasn't been traded yet.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Danny is so pig headed ......he wants to play ball with midgets

So we continue to recruit undersized men at nearly every position .......and other than IT most can't hit a bull in the ars from three.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
it'll be fun to see how he meshes with embiid and simmons.   Nice young trio there.
In terms of individual talent, it seems that way. But as a front line, as a team, their outside game is looking potentially very suspect. Can all of them play within 10 feet of the basket is the question I would have.
\they added some decent shooting via free agency. Nothing major, but the guys they added should help.
I was talking about the front line mentioned in your post. If none if them can shoot from outside of. 10 feet, philly has trouble.  Let's see how it plays out.
It sounds like Embiid might actually be able to shoot, tho.  Okafor has a mid-range game.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Can't really say the 76ers "tried like hell" to trade him when he's still a 76er

Online heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Can't really say the 76ers "tried like hell" to trade him when he's still a 76er

true....

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
it'll be fun to see how he meshes with embiid and simmons.   Nice young trio there.
So Noel and Saric are available?  Let's get on that!

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Agreed. Some sort of deal would've materialized around the draft unless teams have really soured on him.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
In terms of individual talent, it seems that way. But as a front line, as a team, their outside game is looking potentially very suspect. Can all of them play within 10 feet of the basket is the question I would have.
\they added some decent shooting via free agency. Nothing major, but the guys they added should help.
I was talking about the front line mentioned in your post. If none if them can shoot from outside of. 10 feet, philly has trouble.  Let's see how it plays out.
It sounds like Embiid might actually be able to shoot, tho.  Okafor has a mid-range game.
You can't shoot unless you're on the floor, so there's that.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I'm starting to get the sense that the Celtics are going to get one of the sixers bigs before the season starts.
That's my feeling too.

All this talk about Cousins, Butler and Westbrook is a little silly.