Author Topic: Trade Suggestion: Nikola Vucevic  (Read 1185 times)

Trade Suggestion: Nikola Vucevic
« on: July 10, 2016, 11:43:33 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Wondering what everybody's thoughts are on Nikola Vucevic?  The Magic just brought in both Ibaka and Biyombo, so Vucevic could be available.  A legitimate 7 foot center who would start in Boston and allow Big Al to play the 4.  Nikola averaged 18/9 last year, and averaged 11 boards per game in each of the three previous seasons.

I'll admit I am not too familiar with his game, but I feel like he could be had for a smaller cost than some of the other big men that are being suggested (Boogie, Okafor, etc...)

He is making about 11-12 million and signed for several years.  26 years old in October.

Here is a clip from last year against Philly (I know) where he showed some range offensively.  What I really like in this clip is how frequently he handled the ball at the top of the key.  Doesn't look like a big that camps out in the paint, and knocks down some nice Tyler Zeller ranged jumpers in the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZNi1xSb4QU

Your thoughts?

Re: Trade Suggestion: Nikola Vucevic
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 11:49:05 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 11:50:07 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=86375.0

Mods, perhaps merge these threads?

I did not see that thread, sorry for the double post!  It would be nice if they could be merged :)

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 11:50:17 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
It's kind of funny how your video starts with Okafor highlights.

I like Vucevic.

As far as you calling Horford "Big Al" I can't go along with that nickname. It's taken.