Author Topic: Abdel Nader (merged threads)  (Read 86022 times)

Abdel Nader (merged threads)
« on: July 09, 2016, 11:28:34 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
 i'd say based on summer league play he looks closer to a real NBA player than Young and Hunter, even Bentil. he's hit some 3's, had some nice drives, and doesn't seem that lost.
  Its surprising.
I'm thinking I might rather see him get the chance to hang around longer then those 3.

any other fans out there of the egyptian dwight powell ??? :)

Re: Nader
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 11:30:29 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I would have gotten rid of Young a year ago.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 11:31:43 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Agree. Kid looked good. Played D pretty well and took the ball to the hole. I hope they keep giving him minutes in the summer league. Brown looked like his knee was holding him back. Young is terrible.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 11:34:45 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Yes, I just posted that this guy has been my favorite rookie so far.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 05:54:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Impressive. Nader might turn out to be the IT of the 2016 draft

So far down at the d league...
Stats: 27.6 points, 4.2 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 2.0 steals in five games while shooting 52.8 percent from the field and 46.4 percent on 3s.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 05:55:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Kiss Young goodbye?

Imagine if Nader ends up being better than Brown..

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 06:11:20 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Kiss Young goodbye?

Imagine if Nader ends up being better than Brown..
I'd rather not because that would most likely mean that Brown busts. 

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 06:40:32 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Nader never outplayed Brown in the summer league. Im 100% sure that if Brown is sent to the Red Claws, he'd look like a superstar out there. There is no one on the D-league who can beat you off the dribble, create contact and draw fouls like Jaylen does.

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2016, 06:43:09 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Stats: 27.6 points, 4.2 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 2.0 steals in five games while shooting 52.8 percent from the field and 46.4 percent on 3s.
interesting. just curious, but what were young's numbers? i am traveling right now and cant look them up. apologies.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 07:11:09 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

interesting. just curious, but what were young's numbers? i am traveling right now and cant look them up. apologies.

2014-15 and 2015-16 combined:

Right around 18 ppg, 5 rpg, 2 apg
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 09:06:10 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I watch the games sometimes and they just don't play defense. This, of course runs in the face of calling it "D league."

Also,it isn't Nader's fault that the opposing team watches you run down and score.

To conclude, I am not sure of Nader's defense either. Wish we had room up here to see what he's got...Ainge is due to get a starter out of the second round might as well be Abdul.

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 09:56:18 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Where are the D-League game highlights on youtube this year?? Can't find em!
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 03:51:41 PM »

Offline jacigar

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
C,s need sg scorer. Give up on Young and give Nader a chance. Also bring Zizic in at earliest chance and find out if these 2 players are going to be in the mix going forward. bigs: Harford,KO,AJ,Zeller,Zizic and Jerebko.  MIds Crowder,Brown,Green g/f Smart SG:Bradley,Nader
pg IT,Rozier,Jackson . Lets find out ,who can we build on. Do we need a trade and who do we draft ?

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 03:59:12 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
C,s need sg scorer. Give up on Young and give Nader a chance. Also bring Zizic in at earliest chance and find out if these 2 players are going to be in the mix going forward. bigs: Harford,KO,AJ,Zeller,Zizic and Jerebko.  MIds Crowder,Brown,Green g/f Smart SG:Bradley,Nader
pg IT,Rozier,Jackson . Lets find out ,who can we build on. Do we need a trade and who do we draft ?

dude, Jaylen is struggling to get playing time. young doesn't even play most nights. Nader wouldn't be ahead of either of them in the rotation
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 05:00:58 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

dude, Jaylen is struggling to get playing time. young doesn't even play most nights. Nader wouldn't be ahead of either of them in the rotation
Young's stroke in shoot around the other day look Chrip and sweet. We will regret losing him. I hope he gets some minutes in the small lineup soon.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek